As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Mark Sanchez: Just Wins Games

Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplaceShe crawled right inRegistered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
FCt5Z.png

This is what it sounds like when geese cry.

Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today to get through this thing called preseason football. Electric thing, the preseason; it takes forever, and that's a mighty long time.

But I'm here to tell you: there's something else. The regular season, a world of never-ending happiness. You can always see the sun, day or night.

Are you ready...for some football?
I know we already have a football thread, but in honor of the impending doom of the NFL lockout I thought it was time to start some FANTASY FOOTBALL and I hate when it gets buried on page whatever.

I've started one league so far but if there is enough interest I will start a second. If anyone else wants to start a league, PM me and I'll be sure to put the info in the OP

LEAGUE 1: LEAGUE ID: 116650
LEAGUE LINK: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/sedongs
PASSWORD: wang
FULL FULL FULL
Draft: Aug 20 9:30pm - Subject to Change

SECOND LEAGUE

LEAGUE 2: LEAGUE ID: 117833
LEAGUE NAME: SE++ B-League for Slow People
PASSWORD: wang
7/10 Spots Available
Draft: Aug 24 9:00pm - Subject to Change

Okay done!

Yahoo Pro Football Pick 'Em
Group ID # 42429
Password: wang

Rules: Picks close before each game, league will continue into playoffs, Tiebreak system is ON, no confidence points, and no spread. We're picking purely winners and every game is equal.
Peccavi wrote:
Alright, I've thrown together a Survival league. If you have 30 seconds a week you can spare, join up. Currently it's a 2-strikes league, but that is open to change if there's widespread disapproval. Also, the game extends through the playoffs for anyone that lasts that long.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
Group ID#: 17788
Balefuego wrote:
Hey @Clint Eastwood would you be so kind to put the link to the keeper league page in the OP so people can SPECTATE if they so desire.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/sekeepers
in case it wasn't obvious enough already, Bale's ESPN auction league drafts TONIGHT at 10 eastern time. Be there or be square

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=370152
OJBCE.jpg

RMSiH.jpg

Clint Eastwood on

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    NO THAT IS THE INCORRECT ROME

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    also if anybody needs me to add fantasy stuff to the op let me know

hahaha wow, that is an extremely young and about to be bludgeoned Jim Rome

• IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Good thread Tom

xet8c.gif
    I wish I could find the video of the play that made Jim Rome start calling Everett chris but it does not seem to exist anywhere on the internet

I think Jim Everett has tried to erase it from existence

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that dude in the spoiler has a very large head

jerome simpson's head is massive

He's practically a cone head.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    jim rome is an asshole

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    he's my favorite bengal for sure. his enthusiasm for playing football is infectious

oh ok I found it

Go to 4:03 in this video and see why Jim Rome was making fun of Jim Everett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDD-naRLo0A

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AP101226049175--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

after this he proceeded to come back down and do a jump shot

anyway i have come to the realization that the bengals probably have the best variety of weird looking dudes in the nfl. in this regard and no other, we are number one. behold jason shirley:

shirley_jason.jpg

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    vader-davis.jpg

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Hey guys, my Yahoo league still needs players. Our draft was moved to Thursday night. If anyone wants another league / missed out on PA leagues, we'll gladly take you in.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Alright, I've thrown together a Survival league. If you have 30 seconds a week you can spare, join up. Currently it's a 2-strikes league, but that is open to change if there's widespread disapproval. Also, the game extends through the playoffs for anyone that lasts that long.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival
    Group ID#: 17788

I'm in. Ben Brady's Howitzer again.

Do we have a regular pick 'em league going this year? I was the champion last year and I demand to defend my crown.

So set one up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MAYBE I WILL!

Okay done!

Yahoo Pro Football Pick 'Em
    Group ID # 42429

Rules: Picks close before each game, league will continue into playoffs, Tiebreak system is ON, no confidence points, and no spread. We're picking purely winners and every game is equal.

• simosimo Registered User regular
    $500,000 per tackle

bugss2.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote:
    vader-davis.jpg

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I am so excited for survival and pick 'em. I do best at the dumbest games.

Auction league draft tonight.

Get ready.

xet8c.gif
    isn't it thursday? or are you talking about another auction league besides bale's

bugss2.jpg
    edited August 2011
    Woo Madden 12.

Notes.

- Maybe this is common knowledge but you apparently have to manually update the roster on first run. If you don't you basically get last years roster and stupid stuff like McNabb still on the Redskins. This is stupid.

- Superstar mode still sucks. It just sucks in different ways now. You still get forced into the #1 spot on the depth chart so you get to face guys like Reggie Wayne as a 71 overall CB. The coordinator is constantly belching worthless information at you, and frankly the new camera for defense is weird. Maybe I'll get used to it. The only significant difference from Madden 10 is now you are basically forced to Practice, and the practices while critical to your development (apparently), are shoddy and uninteresting. This is completely boggling, as they clearly looked at MLB The Show's career mode as a reference, then only took one aspect of it, and implemented it badly. Way to go, EA Sports. Oh, and it completely froze my PS3. Literally. I had to hard reset it to get back to the home screen.

- Everything after the catch is fun now. It's exciting to catch a ball in the flat, have a CB graze you, and stumble into the end zone. A lot of tackles that used to be guaranteed in Madden 10 are now allotted to a combination of size, speed, and chance, which is how it should be.

- I don't see any mention of the self-adjusting AI difficulty anymore. I kind of liked it. That's too bad.

Jasconius on
    I am talking about Bale's.

The league page says it is tonight at 10 EST.

xet8c.gif
    oh well my league page says September 1st at 10 EST

bugss2.jpg
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I really could never get into Superstar mode. The only time I enjoyed it was playing QB or RB, which was basically the same thing as playing Franchise, only with shitty practices.

Also the roster thing is weird, considering its the main reason to buy a new Madden...you'd think it would auto-update.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Bale's auction draft is most def. on Thursday.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    I really could never get into Superstar mode. The only time I enjoyed it was playing QB or RB, which was basically the same thing as playing Franchise, only with shitty practices.

Also the roster thing is weird, considering its the main reason to buy a new Madden...you'd think it would auto-update.

You'd think so, but then the lockout happened and the teams technically didn't even make that much roster changes until the lockout ended like a month ago, and the game designers probably didn't have enough time to fix the roster and have it set to auto-update all in time for release.

PS: Going out to buy this either today or tomorrow, how is the Franchise mode to those who've played it?

LTM wrote:

Yeah. I was... stunned, really. It looked like they left the rosters as they were in the last week of the last regular season. I had no warning prompt at all to download a new roster. The roster update itself is buried in the online play menu.

And if I interpret things correctly, you can't even access the roster updates if you don't have an online code, meaning that a used copy of Madden 12 is functionally worthless unless you pay 10-20 bucks for an online code...

So really, it sounds like something they would do on purpose to make you get an online code.

And yeah, Superstar mode in its current format is really only fun as an RB or QB... MAYBE a linebacker, but that's debatable. I am boggled that they let you superstar as a Guard. How boring must that be.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Can you do SS mode as a punter? I am so taking Kluwe's job if thats the case.

In Madden 10 you couldn't. I don't know if they added that in 12. But I kind of doubt it.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:
    LTM wrote:

Yeah. I was... stunned, really. It looked like they left the rosters as they were in the last week of the last regular season. I had no warning prompt at all to download a new roster. The roster update itself is buried in the online play menu.

And if I interpret things correctly, you can't even access the roster updates if you don't have an online code, meaning that a used copy of Madden 12 is functionally worthless unless you pay 10-20 bucks for an online code...

So really, it sounds like something they would do on purpose to make you get an online code.

And yeah, Superstar mode in its current format is really only fun as an RB or QB... MAYBE a linebacker, but that's debatable. I am boggled that they let you superstar as a Guard. How boring must that be.

I used to try to do it as a DT, until I realized that everything was gonna be a run outside, or a 3 step drop.

Also, that sounds about right on the needing the online code. Pretty hilarious.

simo wrote:
    oh well my league page says September 1st at 10 EST

Oh.

That is what mine says too.

I must have read it wrong or something.

xet8c.gif
    You've become unstuck in time.

You must find your constant

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.