As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Prime 2012

zayloszaylos MontanaRegistered User new member
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
just wanted to know if the dates for pax prime 2012 have been set. just need to it in to work to get the time off. Thanks

zaylos on

• GaryOakGaryOak Registered User regular
    You should probably just quit your job to be safe.

The forums for a comic with dickwolf rape, bestiality, and all sorts of brutal violence has the kind of rules you would find in a kindergarten class room.
  • TheJackylTheJackyl Registered User regular
    GaryOak wrote:
    You should probably just quit your job to be safe.

Done and DONE!

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Tycho implied during a Q&A that PAX would be back on Labor Day weekend until 2019.

• proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    It is labor day weekend for sure.

camo_sig2.png
  • CosmosGoddessCosmosGoddess Registered User regular
    Labor Day Weekend, 2012.

enforceruserbarprime.png
  • rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... I'm moving to a job where September is a "No time off unless you're ill/dead" month. Curses, foiled again.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    rnicoll wrote:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo... I'm moving to a job where September is a "No time off unless you're ill/dead" month. Curses, foiled again.

guess you've gotta come out to east then!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Well that kinda sucks :( it's always a fight to get that weekend off for most jobs. Well I'll see what I can pull next year.

I like how they did it a week early this year. They had very little to compete with and it made it easier to get the time off since it's not a holiday. They'll have to compete with Bumbershoot and such again.

I understand it's probably because someone else has the convention center reserved or something, so I don't blame anyone that runs PAX in the least. It's just a bummer that it lessens the chance to go.

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
  • Eticket109Eticket109 Registered User regular
    Thank Jeebus. Having monday off to recover from PAX is almost a necessity for this old gamer.

• savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    rnicoll wrote:

So which are going for ill or dead? Option #2 works really really well, but only once. Just saying.

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    That'll be nice...except for all the people flying back on Monday. Ugh.

@micoll: Duh, "ill" = PAX Pox! Just tell them you got that new Avian flu mutation. It only affects people on Labor Day weekend...

• iguyiguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I didn't even bother asking for time off, I just called in sick.

My top ten guesses for the third city PAX expansion

1. San Antonio, Texas (PAX Midwest)
    2. Chicago, Illinois (PAX Midwest)
    3. London, England (Euro PAX)
    4.Miami, Florida (personal request PAX)
    5.Bellevue, Washington (WSTCC is too small we need another city, AKA-Prime expansion)
    6. Montreal, Canada (PAX Maple)
    7.Sydney, Australia (Pax Down Under)
    8.Los Angeles, California (Like they need another one PAX)
    9. New York, New York (I needed an excuse to got to New York PAX)
    10. Paris, France (Euro PAX)

iguy on
    edited August 2011
    savagehart wrote:
    rnicoll wrote:

So which are going for ill or dead? Option #2 works really really well, but only once. Just saying.

I do note that technically, I just have to be contactable. My main project is practically self-managing already, if I can just get it to reply to e-mails I think I've got a loophole...

rnicoll on
  • CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    iguy wrote:

5.Bellevue, Washington (WSTCC is too small we need another city, AKA-Prime expansion)

It seems down to three for me

Chicago -- Midwest PAX
    Austin/Texas Somewhere -- South PAX
    London -- Euro PAX

The only reason I could see London/Chicago not working out is because in order to space out PAX, you'd need to do one in December...which would be chaos in London or Chicago.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Austin/Houston/Dallas for PAX South, for weather and proximity to game developers.

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    iguy wrote:

I would definitely go to Euro PAX, wherever in Europe it may be! It'll be an excuse to take a European vacation.

vgc wrote:
    I would definitely go to Euro PAX, wherever in Europe it may be! It'll be an excuse to take a European vacation.

As I'm in the UK, a London PAX would massively simplify things for me :)

On a more serious note about time off in September; there is good reason why there's no time off, and being out of contact would most likely leave me with a lot more work in the long term. PAX East or another PAX not in September are my best options.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    iguy wrote:

1. Dallas, TX (the most logical expansion location in the U.S. - Southern Great Plains picks up a lot of people in the Southwest and Deep South that can't afford to trek north, and Dallas has more potential convention locations than Austin/S.A.)
    2. Kansas City, KS/MO (personal preference for PAX Plains)
    3. London (PAX Euro)

I think the more interesting aspect of a potential 3rd PAX is the timing. Assuming that Prime stays in Seattle on Labor Day weekend for the foreseeable future, and assuming they wanted to keep the PAXs equidistant in terms of time, that means moving PAX East forward to nearer the end of April, but guess where that puts NewPAX? Yep. Square on the Christmas/New Year's time frame. If that held up, Dallas would be a good choice just for weather. I just wonder if everyone would be tapped out of money for travel.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    They have discussed on multiple occasions that there will be no other US PAX. If at anytime (way in the future) they make another site, it will mostly be in Europe.

Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • perinigriconperinigricon Registered User regular
    The Donald E. Stephens in Chicago sucks hardcore. Of course, as an ex-Chicagoan, Chicago sucks hardcore.

• GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    I'd give my husbands left moob for it to be in Orlando! Disney, Universal, and PAX - holy crapdoodles, I dream! But Paris would be cool too, I could just stay at my in-laws.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    It is a shame it is on Labor day weekend. Now I have to choose between DragonCon and PAX Prime. I love PAX but my friends love DragonCon. "CURSE YOU GABE AND TYCHO!!!!!!" <sigh> I need to make this work somehow.

• savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    Of course, if they need a PAX in the winter time frame (which makes a TON of sense), holding it in the southern hemisphere would make it in (local) summer. PAX Perth anyone?

Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Bionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMBionic ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM Registered User regular
    Fuck Labour Day weekend. I can't afford to skip university classes for the sake of PAX.

• trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    Eticket109 wrote:
    Thank Jeebus. Having monday off to recover from PAX is almost a necessity for this old gamer.

Seriously. Just started a new job in the spring and didn't have enough vacay to spare. Primed my boss (See what I did there) that it was highly likely I'd be shifting my hours later on Monday or taking a few hours sick time to sleep or just plain sick (H1Nerd1-PAX09 Never Forget). I went with option B, still can't focus in the office.

• DaveRHDaveRH Registered User regular
    Pax needs to be four days :)

• KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    Glad its going back to the holiday weekend. Need that recovery day! I heard that this year was different due to another convention booking it out from under them (they snoozed, we lost). I looked at the convention that has it next weekend. Go ahead. Look. Try not to facepalm too hard.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The extra day is nice, but having PAX bump up against Bumbershoot is always kind of annoying. :/

• AlatheiaAlatheia Registered User regular
    Glad its going back to the holiday weekend. Need that recovery day! I heard that this year was different due to another convention booking it out from under them (they snoozed, we lost). I looked at the convention that has it next weekend. Go ahead. Look. Try not to facepalm too hard.
    The AMA actually has a standing deal with the WSCC for every seventh Labor Day Weekend that started before PAX moved from Bellevue to Seattle.

• GaryOakGaryOak Registered User regular
    Fuck Labour Day weekend. I can't afford to skip university classes for the sake of PAX.

You need to get your priorities straight, buddy.

The forums for a comic with dickwolf rape, bestiality, and all sorts of brutal violence has the kind of rules you would find in a kindergarten class room.

Sucks, but the good news is that there will always be more PAX, while university is finite. Well, as long as you keep going to classes, it should be.

• spookytuneespookytunee Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    Oh geeeeeeeeeeeez PAX London would be OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!!

• wobeywobey Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    First time at PAX Prime last year: it-was-beyond-belief! I'll have to get a hotel room and stay down there by the convention center this year. I only made it out to 1.75/3.00 of the days because of the commute and work. I'm giddy as hell just thinking about it now =)

• wobeywobey Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    Also --- it's super unfortunate that it falls on the same days as Bumbershoot. I'm going to have some very conflicted friends =/

• DaftCapybaraDaftCapybara Registered User regular
    I say there would be good reasoning for having PAX Midwest in Denver or Kansas City. They are far enough away for the people who couldn't make it to the coast, and close enough that people could still make it there.

Pax Prime Badges [X]
    Pax Prime Hotel [X]
    Pax Prime Flight []