As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ford Focus USB input

QuidQuid Definitely not a bananaRegistered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone able to tell me how to use this properly? I didn't bring a 3.5 mm jack but the car I'm renting for the day has a USB input option. But when I plug my iPhone in it stops all sound from it and my iPod program shows up with no options. I'd check the owner's manual but they have one for the wrong car in the glove box.

Quid on

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Try the car stereo interface. The USB inputs in my experience don't work as a speaker for the iphone.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    When I plug my iPod into my car (a 2009 Hyundai) it loads up in about 2 seconds using the car stereo, set to AUX. When I do the same with my iPhone, it takes about 20-30 seconds, but still works.

Try setting the car stereo to AUX.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Is it using Synch technology? If so, either hit Aux, or on the blinker wand thing there should be a button you can push. The car will talk to you and you say "usb". From there you should be good to go.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Alternatively, you can probably just use blutooth. Same deal, hit the button and say "blutooth audio".

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    The last time I rented a Focus with the Synch system, I plugged my Ipod in, let it sit for a while, and then the console took over and I was able to handle it by voice. An iphone might interface differently though, so googling 'Ford Synch and Iphone' how-tos might be beneficial.

• Options
    wmelonwmelon Registered User regular
    What are you trying to do with it? My wife has a focus with the sync system and I've had no problems getting my iphone to work with it.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Got it to work. It does use synch tech I just had no idea where the button to synch was since I'm not used to controls on the steering wheel. Thanks for everyone's help.