As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I need educating on The Avengers history/canon - pretty please with a cherry on top!

poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Graphic Violence
Hi

So, I need some help with a card game I'm working on.

It uses The Avengers, and I haven't read the book or the books of the main heroes in a LONG time. My Avengers were the 70s and 80s. I'm trying (and this is perhaps doomed) to integrate the 'classic' Avengers with the modern ones and the upcoming movie(s). I know classic 70s & 80s Marvel to fanboy levels, but since then I just kinda know about the comics because I'm a dork and I have friends who read these books.

My first question is about line-up. I need 8 heroes, and my current line-up is:

Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow... and two more.

I am toying with Spiderman and Wolverine, because I hear they're both involved in the Avengers nowadays. But neither is quintessentially Avengers, and having Wolverine in The Avengers means he can't be in an X-men version of the game later, so I feel it should be Wasp and Hank Pym, or even Scarlet Witch and The Vision, who I personally love. Have I missed anyone major? If you were to play an Avengers game would you feel cheated without Giant Man and The Wasp? Or disgruntled that Spiderman and Wolverine had muddied the waters?

The second is about enemies. I need the foes to be in groups of about 10 villains, though of course I could just have a group of miscellaneous lone wolves. My very tentative shortlist is:

Skrulls & Kree
Loki & Asgardians (Enchantress, Wrecking Crew etc)
Red Skull & Nazis, e.g. Arnim Zola
Hydra
Baron Zemo & The Masters of Evil
Aliens (assorted)
Magical/Mystical (assorted)
Hi-tech (assorted) e.g. Ultron, Kang.

My problems with this list are numerous, partly to do with thematic concerns, partly to do with the necessity of organising enemies into groups.

(1) I think of Galactus as much more of a FF enemy, but it seems weird to have Galactus not battling Earth's Mightiest Heroes. No Galactus on the list, but I worry that he's appeared in Avengers stories I'm not familiar with.

(2) The Red Skull doesn't seem to have enough allies to sustain an entire group, without padding it out with Nazi Robots etc. Perhaps I should just put him in with Hydra.

(3) Ultron and Kang seem too important to have as just part of a misc. group, but I don't know of enough allies to do them justice as a group. I could put Ultron in the Masters of Evil, but that group will be overloaded as it is.

(4) I feel I'm missing some big names, but I can't put my finger on them. I need a variety of power levels, so I can't just put big name after big name. Low- and mid-level villains are necessary. Is there anyone hugely important I've missed? Or a type? Cosmic/Dimensional seemed a possible group, separate from Aliens.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I figure I could take a bear.
poshniallo on

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Spider-man and Wolverine are on the New Avengers which originally was uh

Iron Man
    Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Spider-Man
    Wolverine
    Sentry
    Luke Cage

and during/after civil war was

Captain America (Bucky Barnes)
    Spider-man
    Spider-woman
    Wolverine
    Luke Cage
    Ronin (Hawkeye)
    Dr. Strange
    Ms. Marvel

And now is

Luke Cage
    Spider-man
    Hawkeye
    Ms. Marvel
    Iron Fist
    Thing
    Mockingbird
    Wolverine

So, those are people who are now Avengers.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    There are so many things wrong with that Langly

So many

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    no there aren't!

Before you make your post I will premeditate your problems

Echo doesn't count, she was on the team for like ten seconds and then Hawkeye took her identity. Steve was the leader of the resistance, but the second list is mostly after civil war and dark reign, because civil war includes like, every resistance member as the new avengers became the core of that group. Jewel is on the third list, but I left her out because she is such an unknown and isn't someone you would want for a card game.

Just to prove you wrong here is the actual membership history since Disassembled

Initial lineup:
    cage
    cap
    iron man
    Wolverine
    spider-man
    Spider-woman
    Sentry

Then, Ms. Marvel joined after House of M

Then, after civil war the anti-reg New Avengers were

Cage
    Spider-Man
    wolverine
    dr strange
    Iron fist
    Echo
    Ronin (Clint Barton)
    Spider Woman (later defected to pro-reg side)

The pro reg Mighty Avengers were
    Ms. marvel
    iron Man
    wasp
    Wonder man
    Ares
    Sentry
    Black Widow

After Secret Invasion the renegade New Avengers were
    Ms. marvel
    Bucky cap
    Spider man
    wolverine
    Mockingbird
    Ronin
    Luke Cage
    echo
    Spider Woman
    Jessica Jones

The new mighty avengers were
    Hank Pym
    US Agent
    Hercules
    Amadeus Cho
    Jocasta
    Stature
    Vision
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch (was actually Loki in disguise)

Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers were
    Norman as Iron Patriot
    bullseye as hawkeye
    Venom as spidey
    Moonstone as ms marvel
    Noh-Var
    Sentry
    Ares
    Daken as Wolverine

After Siege, the New Avengers were
    Wolverine
    Cage
    Thing
    Spider Man
    Ms marvel
    Mockingbird
    Iron fist
    Jessica Jones
    Dr strange
    Victoria Hand

Mighty Avengers ended but regular Avengers came back with a lineup of
    Bucky Cap
    Thor
    Iron man
    Maria hill
    Hawkeye
    Spidey
    Wolverine
    Red Hulk
    Protector (Noh-var)
    Spider-Woman

Steve Rogers also put together a covert ops Secret Avengers team with
    Beast
    black widow
    Moon knight
    Nova
    Price of Orphans
    Shang chi
    Valkryie
    War Machine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    That is a lot of Avengers. And it's very interesting, thank you.

But I'm not sure it affects my attempt to find the quintessential Avengers team?

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Instead of going for the actual comic line-ups I'd go for teams which similar themes. Ms Marvel was with Cap and Iron Man and so on for a long time, but she isn't in the classic eight man line-up, neither is Wonder Man, who was also on the team for ages. so you have classics, mighty and new, classic being the traditional icons, mighty being the line avengers that are always there but aren't in the top teir, and new avengers being the guys who were brought in the last few years.

Classic

Cap
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Scarlet Witch
    Vision
    Wasp
    Giant Man

Mighty

Ms Marvel
    Wonder Man
    War Machine
    Quasar
    Black Widow
    She Hulk
    Beast
    Hercules

New

Spider-Man
    Wolverine
    Luke Cage
    Spider-Woman
    Protector
    The Sentry
    Iron Fist
    Echo

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The core Avengers in my head are: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym (pick an identity, though - he was only Hank Pym when he was in the West Coast team - I'd go for Ant-Man), Scarlet Witch and The Vision. I also grew up with Herc, She-Hulk, the Black Knight, Captain Marvel (Photon as she is now) and Namor on the team, so they feel right to me. That's a personal thing, though, and entirely dependent on what Avengers books you read first. You could also pick out Wonderman, Ms Marvel, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Tigra, Falcon, Beast (has always had dual Avenger/X-Man status), Black Panther and sundry others. Or you could do the modern Avengers, which is all the most popular heroes plus the ones Bendis has a crush on.

Galactus isn't really an Avengers enemy, so you're right in that he'd feel weird on the list. Avengers bad guys foremost in my mind are: Kang, Ultron, Zemo and the Masters of Evil*, the Skrulls and the Kree (especially the Supreme Intelligence - what a dick) fucking each other up, the Red Skull (if Cap was on the team), Hydra, AIM, the Wrecking Crew, the various pantheons (as long as either Thor or Herc was on the team) and then major one-offs like Count Nefaria. Then you have second-string teams like the Zodiac who'd show up once in a while to get their asses kicked. They don't have a great set of villains, to be honest. Compared to Doom, Galactus, Annihilus, etc for the FF and Magneto, Sinister, the Sentinels, Apocalypse and Mojo for the X-Men, the A-List Avengers villains who aren't really just villains of individual members are Ultron, Kang and the Masters of Evil.

Also, Jarvis has to be some kind of card - Cap says he's an Avenger, and that's good enough for me.

*There are a bunch of incarnations, not all of them led by Zemo, but his was the best by miles and miles.

I like how you just slipped Quasar in there

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    These days it would be Spidey/Wolverine, I think
    If you want classic, it's Ant-Man/Wasp

Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel also seem to feature a lot. Maybe more than Black Widow?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited August 2011
    No list of Avengers villains is complete without Morgan Le Fay

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Balefuego wrote:
    No list of Avengers villains is complete without Morgan Le Fay

Shit. Completely forgot about her.

And yeah, Quasar.

Bogart wrote:
    The core Avengers in my head are: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye, Wasp, Hank Pym (pick an identity, though - he was only Hank Pym when he was in the West Coast team - I'd go for Ant-Man), Scarlet Witch and The Vision. I also grew up with Herc, She-Hulk, the Black Knight, Captain Marvel (Photon as she is now) and Namor on the team, so they feel right to me. That's a personal thing, though, and entirely dependent on what Avengers books you read first. You could also pick out Wonderman, Ms Marvel, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Tigra, Falcon, Beast (has always had dual Avenger/X-Man status), Black Panther and sundry others. Or you could do the modern Avengers, which is all the most popular heroes plus the ones Bendis has a crush on.

Galactus isn't really an Avengers enemy, so you're right in that he'd feel weird on the list. Avengers bad guys foremost in my mind are: Kang, Ultron, Zemo and the Masters of Evil*, the Skrulls and the Kree (especially the Supreme Intelligence - what a dick) fucking each other up, the Red Skull (if Cap was on the team), Hydra, AIM, the Wrecking Crew, the various pantheons (as long as either Thor or Herc was on the team) and then major one-offs like Count Nefaria. Then you have second-string teams like the Zodiac who'd show up once in a while to get their asses kicked. They don't have a great set of villains, to be honest. Compared to Doom, Galactus, Annihilus, etc for the FF and Magneto, Sinister, the Sentinels, Apocalypse and Mojo for the X-Men, the A-List Avengers villains who aren't really just villains of individual members are Ultron, Kang and the Masters of Evil.

Also, Jarvis has to be some kind of card - Cap says he's an Avenger, and that's good enough for me.

*There are a bunch of incarnations, not all of them led by Zemo, but his was the best by miles and miles.

Each hero has about 4 game abilities/disadvantags and 3 of Hank's will be Antman/Giant-man/Yellowjacket, with the 4th being either 'Science!' or 'Sad Sack!'

Jarvis will be in there - lots of non-superhero allies, such as SHIELD characters.

AIM! I'd forgotten them! Thanks!

Actually, personally, the more I delve into their foes, the more I like them. Ultron was great, the Masters of Evil had some classics, The Wrecking Crew were cool, Hydra/Red Skull were retro. I'd forgotten the Supreme Intelligence - it's good to have mastermind/manipulators rather than simple powerhouses.

I know Hulk wasn't a classic Avenger, but he's been in some incarnations of the team, he's in the Ultimates and he's in the movie. And he's perhaps my favourite hero of all time, and he needs a group (Defenders? Nah.)

edited August 2011
    Balefuego wrote:
    I like how you just slipped Quasar in there

Quasar was on the team for ages!

Solar on
    Hulk was a founding Avenger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hulk was on the first team of Avengers. He was the reason there were Avengers at all.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

Each hero has about 4 game abilities/disadvantags and 3 of Hank's will be Antman/Giant-man/Yellowjacket, with the 4th being either 'Science!' or 'Sad Sack!'

Jarvis will be in there - lots of non-superhero allies, such as SHIELD characters.

AIM! I'd forgotten them! Thanks!

Actually, personally, the more I delve into their foes, the more I like them. Ultron was great, the Masters of Evil had some classics, The Wrecking Crew were cool, Hydra/Red Skull were retro. I'd forgotten the Supreme Intelligence - it's good to have mastermind/manipulators rather than simple powerhouses.

I know Hulk wasn't a classic Avenger, but he's been in some incarnations of the team, he's in the Ultimates and he's in the movie. And he's perhaps my favourite hero of all time, and he needs a group (Defenders? Nah.)

Hulk's a founding member. And he's been an off and on member.

I know he's a founding member: he's just never really felt like he gelled with the team for me. I Forgot Quicksilver as well.

Is Terminus an Avengers bad guy? The only stories I have with him are the JLA/Avengers series and an X-Men annual in which he tools about the Savage Land until the team kick his ass.

Hulk was a founding member but he left about three issues in and really has never come back except for very few one-offs

Echo is more of an Avengers than he is, let's be fair

edited August 2011
    Balefuego wrote:
    Hulk was a founding Avenger

See I thought that, but didn't check! I did worry that some people might not look on him as Avengerish enough. It seems like that's not a problem.

If I have to choose between the Pyms and the Maximoff-Williams-Liptons, which would be better? My guts says the Avengers aren't the Avengers without Hank Pym, but I do love the Vision. I do really need to have 8, unfortunately

...well, actually, a multiple of four. So I could go:

Cap
    Iron Man
    Hulk
    Thor
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    The Vision
    Scarlet Witch
    Wasp
    Hank Pym
    2 others.

If I make it 12, who the hell do I choose? Wonder Man, Ms Marvel, Namor, Black Knight, Spider-woman? Once I'm past those 10 I really feel like I'm missing no-one fundamental. Does anyone disagree? Is there anyone after those 10 you'd feel cheated not to have?

I'd like to save Luke Cage for a 'Street-level' group including Iron Fist, DD, Moon Knight etc. Marvel Knights, kinda.

poshniallo on
    If it was me, I'd put Ms Marvel in there and swap out Hulk for Wonder Man, then add Namor. If you want to stick with eight then I'd just dump Widow and Hulk.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'd consider adding Black Panther. He's got a history of being an Avenger, he's joining the main team again pretty soon, and he's in the new Avengers cartoon.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Taskmaster should be on the villains list. Also, The Hood, just because the New Avengers fought him for what seemed like two years. And Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers too.

And Godzilla.

tumblr_lhtx2r2AtD1qzr8nao1_500.jpg

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote:

The second is about enemies. I need the foes to be in groups of about 10 villains, though of course I could just have a group of miscellaneous lone wolves. My very tentative shortlist is:

Skrulls & Kree
    Loki & Asgardians (Enchantress, Wrecking Crew etc)
    Red Skull & Nazis, e.g. Arnim Zola
    Hydra
    Baron Zemo & The Masters of Evil
    Aliens (assorted)
    Magical/Mystical (assorted)
    Hi-tech (assorted) e.g. Ultron, Kang.

My problems with this list are numerous, partly to do with thematic concerns, partly to do with the necessity of organising enemies into groups.

(1) I think of Galactus as much more of a FF enemy, but it seems weird to have Galactus not battling Earth's Mightiest Heroes. No Galactus on the list, but I worry that he's appeared in Avengers stories I'm not familiar with.

(2) The Red Skull doesn't seem to have enough allies to sustain an entire group, without padding it out with Nazi Robots etc. Perhaps I should just put him in with Hydra.

(3) Ultron and Kang seem too important to have as just part of a misc. group, but I don't know of enough allies to do them justice as a group. I could put Ultron in the Masters of Evil, but that group will be overloaded as it is.

(4) I feel I'm missing some big names, but I can't put my finger on them. I need a variety of power levels, so I can't just put big name after big name. Low- and mid-level villains are necessary. Is there anyone hugely important I've missed? Or a type? Cosmic/Dimensional seemed a possible group, separate from Aliens.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I think other posters have done a great job with addressing the Avengers line-up, let's talk about the villains.

Being your own game, feel free to pull not only from the comics, but from different forms of Marvel media (video games, cartoons, the movies) to pad out your foes.

If I were putting together a list of 10 major enemies with themes...

1. Pantheon: Loki, Enchantress and the Wrecking Crew. The crew are essentially high-end jobbers, tough and scary enough to crush a street level hero or seriously challenge an A-lister, but they're essentially super-powered mooks. They're working for Loki and Amora, who've formed an uneasy alliance (the best kind) to humble Thor and the Avengers. Bonus points for other Thor villains like Malekith and Ulik.

2. Technological: Ultron from the Ultron Unlimited story archttp://www.comicvine.com/ultron-unlimited/39-55757/. Really, the quintessential Ultron story and one that establishes him as a global threat all on his own. Don't forget he's a fan of creating his own robot soldiers like the Vision and Jocasta. Give him some necro-cyborg foot soldiers and "updated" models of other synthezoid and android heroes.

3. Aliens: Kree vs. Skrulls with the Supreme Intelligence and Ronan on one side and the Skrull Empress (there's been a few, so doesn't really matter who) and Super Skrull on the other. This could be a neat angle where the Avengers are caught between the two sides, and your players have to decide who they're going to ally with.

4. Time Traveling: Kang the Conqueror from the Kang Dynasty story arc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kang_Dynasty. What Kurt Busiek did for Ultron he turned it up to 11 for Kang in this story. Throw in Immortus (aka future-future Kang) as a wild card if you'd like.

5. Facists: The Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Baron Strucker and Hydra. Kinda based off the Captain America movie where the Red Skull was the head of Hydra. Fanatical neo-nazis with high tech weapons. Maybe throw in Madame Hydra and Gorgon for kicks as well.

6. Dark Reflections: Norman Osborne, HAMMER and the Dark Avengers. Based off of the upcoming story line, but make it yours and go nuts with it. Norman's using his wealth to fund a private army and team of anti-avengers. Fill it with "dark mirror" characters and arch-nemeses to make it real fun. A counter for your possible Avengers team might consist of Taskmaster, Crimson Dynamo, Abomination, Ares, Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, Moonstone, Satana, Red Wasp (from Ultimates), Atlas.

7. Sorcery: Morgan le Fay with the Darkhold. How do you make a centuries old evil sorceress more of a threat? Give her Chthon's unholy book of dark magic. Marvel has a few notable demons, vampires, and extra-dimensional horrors you could throw in here.

8. Straight-forward Supervillainy: The Masters of Evil. Classic Avenger's foes with an absolutely huge roster to pull from. Just check out the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_Evil and use about a dozen or so that you're not using elsewhere. Put Zemo in charge, or use The Hood if you want to be more hipster about it. As a bonus, I'd have them allied with MODOK and AIM.

9. Monsters: The Deviants are Marvel's original evil empire. Give them control over classic Strange Tales marvel monsters like Grogg, Grottu, Orrgo and others and then you have a rather outlandish, though still very credible, threat.

10. Cosmic: Thanos. Infinity Gems. 'nuff said.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    godzilla is a champions enemy, robos

7656367.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Godzilla is no one's enemy

Godzilla is hero to all

TLB did I ever tell you that Champions idea I had where it would be Hank Pym's Super Science Squad and they would fight giant monsters all the time

CYpGAPn.png
    yes you did

I still say it would be neat but I want a Hank Pym: Worst Hero ongoing

7656367.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    But I don't think he is the worst hero!

He fucks up a lot but he does good shit half the time

I like Hank Pym a bunch and not in a ironic USAgent-y way.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The current Avengers toon has a sort of reimagined take on the classic Avengers, with the original five founders (Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Hank Pym (with both Ant Man and Giant Man powers) and the Wasp), Captain America, Black Panther and Hawkeye, which would give you your eight characters.

Beyond that, have you thought of a more generalized take on the idea? Rather than have a core set of 8, have 20 or so and let the player make his own team of Avengers? So everyone could put together their own personal favorite incarnation, or just their favorite eight heroes.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Beyond that, have you thought of a more generalized take on the idea? Rather than have a core set of 8, have 20 or so and let the player make his own team of Avengers? So everyone could put together their own personal favorite incarnation, or just their favorite eight heroes.

I've always liked the concept of a core group + rotating members to meet certain specific threats. Depending on the card game format that Poshniallo is working with, making a "hand" of 8 characters from a pool of 20 could work well. Maybe the player is assigned 4 core members and has to "assemble" 4 others?

If you had to pick 20, my list would be:
    Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Pym, Wasp, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Beast, Ms Marvel, Wonder Man, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, She Hulk, Quasar, Dr. Strange.

That's assuming you'd want to do something else with the street level heroes (so no Cage or Iron Fist) and mutants (so Wolverine's out, though Quicksilver, Beast, and Scarlet Witch have enough Avengers cred to stay).

edited August 2011
    This stuff is wonderful - it's helping so much.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but the game is a card game that is deck-building+role selection. Players build a deck of cards in a vaguely (very vaguely) dominion/thunderstone-esque way, and on their turn choose one of the available Avengers (each game has a number of heroes equal to the number of players, plus one), which gives them various special abilities.

It's pretty good so far, but it's early days yet. Got 300+ cards to finish for the first rounds of playtesting. But a better core idea than any other game I've made so far.

I did some maths today, and it really has to be 8 Avengers, but playtesting may see me wrong. I do think, as they are roles analogous to those in Puerto Rico or Race For The Galaxy, 8 is a good number anyway - it gives a good amount of complexity while still allowing people to strategically combine them.

So now it's more about the villains I think.

I do have one question - is there a particular off-world location that the Avengers frequent? The FF have the Negative Zone, X-men have the Shi-ar Empire and a few others. I know of various places the Avengers have ended up, but I can't think of one that they returned to again and again.

poshniallo on
    Why can only yellowjacket and wasp stop godzilla?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote:
    Why can only yellowjacket and wasp stop godzilla?

probably cause they had to go inside him or some shit.

But Godzilla is so big everyone could go inside him at the same time

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Safely?

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    The Avengers don't have Standards and Practices, Anti

Blankzilla wrote:

I don't like any characters ironically

I love hank pym because he is a fuck up who does creepy things that no one should do

He is awful at being a hero

He is good at doing science but he still needs someone to say NO HANK, THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA

7656367.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Best Hank Pym is the Byrne-AWC Speed suit scientist Hank Pym. Second-best is Lee/Kirby/Heck era Avengers Pym.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Best Hank Pym is the Byrne-AWC Speed suit scientist Hank Pym. Second-best is Lee/Kirby/Heck era Avengers Pym.

Purple suit Pym is the best. Pocket quinjets and Lockjaw and pet Tigras for everyone!

edited August 2011
    Blankzilla wrote:

I don't like any characters ironically

I love hank pym because he is a fuck up who does creepy things that no one should do

He is awful at being a hero

He is good at doing science but he still needs someone to say NO HANK, THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA

I'm with you. He is impressively shit. The only superheroes I really love are fuckups. And also Cap. Dunno why, I'm not even American. He's just so cool.

poshniallo on