As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cell Phone Charge Stations.

AmmybearAmmybear Registered User new member
edited August 2011 in PAX Archive
Am I the only one who thought they needed more of these?
I thought it was a great idea!

Especially since this year they had a lot of stuff to do on your phone.
The Pax XP scans, Dr. Exoskeleton hunt, and the 'like' us on FB and you get this swag.

Next year...
I think they should do a lot more charging stations for cell phones.
You also got to meet cool people, who's phones were also dying. :))

"A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do."
Ammybear on

• jumpman-jrjumpman-jr Registered User regular
    Where were these stations?

• AmmybearAmmybear Registered User new member
    The one I used was right between the EVE booth, and the Microsoft Kinect booth.

• Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    I only noticed one and it was at the EVE booth. I would love to see more charging stations, my phone died late Saturday and I wasn't able to scan a QR code.
    It's a great way to get people to stop at your booth and look at your stuff.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • AmmybearAmmybear Registered User new member
    I only noticed one and it was at the EVE booth. I would love to see more charging stations, my phone died late Saturday and I wasn't able to scan a QR code.

I agree!
    That's why I think next year they should do more of this!

• AkumakeiAkumakei Registered User regular
    Ammybear wrote:

I agree!

Hehe, this is exactly why I picked up an extra battery pack before the con. I knew there wouldn't be enough charge for the full day. They're usually only about 40 bucks if you're willing to shell out the cash.

Actually, I might want to put this in next PAX's 'things you didn't think you'd need' thread

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Akumakei wrote:
    Ammybear wrote:

I agree!

Hehe, this is exactly why I picked up an extra battery pack before the con. I knew there wouldn't be enough charge for the full day. They're usually only about 40 bucks if you're willing to shell out the cash.

Actually, I might want to put this in next PAX's 'things you didn't think you'd need' thread

Yeah, mine was a lifesaver. Only ran $20, too.

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    The EVE one was the only one I saw. It's be cool to have a few more around maybe in the handheld lounges. I usually went back to the hotel for a bit everyday and managed to recharge enough to make it through the night.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Seriously folks, a pack like this one is invaluable for this. That plus a short cord can fit in a backpack or even a jacket without being in the way, and then you can charge anywhere and everywhere, even while walking around. I had one in my pocket with my phone charging it outside GameWorks on Friday night. Money well spent...just charge every night, and you've got a portable charging station all day.

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    i consider my laptop a extended battery for my phone xD

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    I've been using some low budget batteries found at The Source (Canada). I've been told that the Zagg Sparq is rock solid for that usage, and I'll probably get one for PAXEast to try it out.

• palmerpalmer Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote:
    Seriously folks, a pack like this one is invaluable for this. That plus a short cord can fit in a backpack or even a jacket without being in the way, and then you can charge anywhere and everywhere, even while walking around. I had one in my pocket with my phone charging it outside GameWorks on Friday night. Money well spent...just charge every night, and you've got a portable charging station all day.

I have some Energizer versions, work great. Got them off Woot for a few bucks a couple months back :)
    Small enough to stay in my jeans pocket, made ALL the difference

• kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Would there be interest in community-made chargers like this? I could make a nice charger with 7 usb ports, 15 foot long usb extension cables for those ports, and universal charging cables for each port for maybe 50-60 dollars per station. Do you think these would be of use in one of the lines or the handheld lounge?

kylechu on
  • DumpALumpDumpALump Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Didn't see any phone charging stations when I was there, but definitely a life saver for those who forgot their chargers.

My gf and I met a guy in the lobby of Hotel Seattle on Sunday night whose phone was basically dead. We checked our plugs to see what we had and luckily my gf's charger used the same connection. I'm sure it would have royally sucked if he needed it when heading back home and couldn't get any calls out. Felt good to help out.

DumpALump on