As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Lets Play Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

TaerythTaeryth Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Games and Technology
Hey there! This is the first LP I started, before the System Shock 2 one.
Unfortunately (for me) about an hour of footage was.. Er. Can I say ruined? By my non-realization that I needed to balance the audio, and so along with the fact that up-to-date save-file is on a computer in another house, I decided to just remake it.
This seems like it'll be updated considerably slower than System Shock 2, as I find myself lacking in stuff to say.
But without further adyueh!~

TestPlay:
Episode 1
Abandoned episodes 2-5 (Best skipped but left for the masochists)
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4

Taeryth on

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    One of the best, yet AoS was one of the worst selling CVs of all time. I wonder what the fuck happened to GBA at that time period. This game is amazing.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Ooh, really? I was never big in the GBA scence when I was younger, it was all DreamCast and PlayStation. I was a tomb raider/sonic child. =P

Well, god damn. Part one watched, I'm already hooked. Thanks, seriously. O.o

Taeryth on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Taeryth wrote:
    Ooh, really? I was never big in the GBA scence when I was younger, it was all DreamCast and PlayStation. I was a tomb raider/sonic child. =P

The GBA games were the first sequels to Symphony of the Night (the first Metroidvania). They got so popular that they became the standard for what a CV is all about. Some people call them IGAvanias.

In fact, lemme dig up those history videos from Gametrailers...Ah, here they are. It's a fantastic series.:
    Myself wrote:

I liked Lords of Shadow a lot. Not enough to buy the DLC. I don't want to ruin my image of the game.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Ooh, damn. Thanks, I'll have to check these out

• Options
    Well, god damn. I was hooked by part 1, this is just amazing.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm watching the first video, and at a minute in, the game just kinda pauses and there's plenty of typing sort of sound. Try to avoid that sorta thing in the future.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Sorry about that, I edited the rest out but I missed that one.

Taeryth on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    "If we go over here ... jump on some bells ... SHIT!"

I giggled.

• Options
    New episode out, two videos this time you lucky bu-not really. There is two videos, however. Enjoy, if you can~

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I love this game. I'm watching it now as I type. Should be good stuff.

• Options
    New set! *spasm* D: Incidentally it's also my birthday. You lucky sods~

• Options
    I may not be able to put one up today guys, I've gotta attend a funeral for my late Papa. Might still do if I feel up to it when I get home.