As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tells me connection keeps resetting

AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
In the forums (and not the main site) every time I load a page it seems to load fully, and once its done it goes to a Firefox "Problem loading page" screen. I get 'Cannot find server' in IE. This may be something like the pages loading twice thing that some people have brought up, only the second time always fails. Basically I can only read pages by watching them load and hitting the stop button just before it finishes and throws up the error.

Seems pretty weird, especially since noone else seems to have brought it up.

Azrael on

• Options
    KezzerdrixxKezzerdrixx Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I have the same problem.

It started after that long downtime last week, so i would assume it's something to do with that.

Sorry if there's double posts or other wierdness here, I have to stop the page loading before it finishes or i can't read the forums :/

Kezzerdrixx on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Have you guys tried clearing your cookies?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Just cleared the cookies, same thing.

Azrael on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2006
    Just use Mozilla/Firefox and all you're problems will be fixed.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    I am using Firefox.

Azrael on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Really? What version?

AFAIK this is a problem with Opera and some other browsers not enjoying the fact that mod_proxy on lighttpd throws two HTTP response headers.

Jan, the author of lighttpd, has been aware of this since the last time you guys saw this error :wink:

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Version 1.5.0.2, but I get the same results with IE.

Azrael on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    I have the same page refresh thing in IE6/Firefox/Opera
    It's like the page just refreshes twice when I load it.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Im at uni and the forums run fine, so I think it has to be some disagreement the board has about the setup or connection at home. Uni uses Firfox 0.8 and IE 6 which both seem to run the forum fine.

Azrael on
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I have the same problem, was on IE, just tried firefox, same with both. Never posted on these forums before joining in a GRAW 'game on' the night before last because of the hassle of hitting refresh and stop constantly on these forums.

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    SontySonty Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Azrael wrote:
    In the forums (and not the main site) every time I load a page it seems to load fully, and once its done it goes to a Firefox "Problem loading page" screen. I get 'Cannot find server' in IE. This may be something like the pages loading twice thing that some people have brought up, only the second time always fails. Basically I can only read pages by watching them load and hitting the stop button just before it finishes and throws up the error.

Seems pretty weird, especially since noone else seems to have brought it up.

Quoted because I have the exact same problem. I have Firefox 1.5.0.2 and Windows XP here and it's been happening ever since the forums came back up.

Sonty on
    council.gif
  • Options
    KezzerdrixxKezzerdrixx Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Did anyone come up with a fix for this? i've tried different browsers and clearing cookies and stuff, no dice :(

Kezzerdrixx on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    When is this getting fixed, the forums are a total bitch to use.

Azrael on
  • Options
    TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2006
    I got this for a while a few weeks back, but it went away on it's own after a few days...

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying