As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX Pokemon League [Video!]

13»

• cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    Yay! I can't wait to see the rest.

• PoeticMadnesssPoeticMadnesss Registered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote:
    Coco~ I'm so excited to see you again!

I will, unfortunately, not be attending Prime ):

However, my Shuckle team will be ready and willing for East! Alongside my new B/W team which will also be themed, as I hinted at in the PPL forums.
    Sadfaces! :( But I'll look forward to seeing you PAX East, or maybe another Boston meetup would be fun! I've been wanting to go back to Quincy Market... Hmmm

We're organizing a meetup for labor day weekend (the weekend after PAX Prime).

It. Will. Be. AWESOME!

Hopefully me and SandstormS will be able to attend the labor day weekend meetup. It's all dependent upon whether or not my car survives this next month. Regardless, we're excited for it, and we're both hoping to test out the teams we've been working tirelessly on since the end of East '11. :D

**Pokemon**
    Black: 0647 5155 3272
    Pkmn Breeder
    Certified Gold Card Carrier - (E4, Entralink, Musical, Pokedex Complete)
  • RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    cocowoushi wrote:
    Coco~ I'm so excited to see you again!

I will, unfortunately, not be attending Prime ):

However, my Shuckle team will be ready and willing for East! Alongside my new B/W team which will also be themed, as I hinted at in the PPL forums.
    Sadfaces! :( But I'll look forward to seeing you PAX East, or maybe another Boston meetup would be fun! I've been wanting to go back to Quincy Market... Hmmm

We're organizing a meetup for labor day weekend (the weekend after PAX Prime).

It. Will. Be. AWESOME!

Hopefully me and SandstormS will be able to attend the labor day weekend meetup. It's all dependent upon whether or not my car survives this next month. Regardless, we're excited for it, and we're both hoping to test out the teams we've been working tirelessly on since the end of East '11. :D

Oh, don't expect much from me on the battling front. My main team is still around lvl 25 and in story-mode. Haven't even finished the game yet, let alone started my East team!

I'll bring HG for anyone who wants to battle my Shuckle again, though, or my actual team from that game.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    Leader teams are looking good! I look forward to battling the few of you who manage to get 8 badges. ;-)

• GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    Pfffffft, I could get all the badges in my sleep. I'm actually looking forward to swapping the rest of the badges I have from East 2011 with everyone. And of course, I'll be doing my best to take as many pictures/videos that I can as the event. Look for a surprise return from the now permanently retired General Kairos.

• thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    Also, we'll have annother surprise yet to be unleashed.

Expect it tomorrow :)

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Heh, is that tomorrow as I would see it meaning today, or actually chronological Friday tomorrow?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    The league is coming in just one short week. There is now a video in the first post!

• thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    I was up late. I meant thursday.

you work in the same timeframes I do. No matter how late it is, tomorrow is after I next sleep, unless I've stayed up all night.

Hail Hydra
    Giovanni looking as slick as I remember and your admins look pretty sharp too!

Okay seriously, that video is so rad. I can't wait to meet the new devious E4.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I know this is the Pokemon game thread, but I figured I would post in here instead of starting a new thread. Anyone have Pokemon cards? I would love to trade!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Blackfox138Blackfox138 Registered User regular
    I don't know about this year, but last year one of the gym leaders was really into the cards. If there is any news of some sort of booster draft (Emerging Powers?) that would greatly interest me! There was one a couple years ago, about four people, and it was a ton of fun.

I actually have a deck I've been dying to test out and will have on me. Otherwise, going to the booster draft would be good times too.

Hail Hydra
    Wait, so there is a booster draft or is this just rumors?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Blackfox138Blackfox138 Registered User regular
    This year? I have no idea. The last one I went to was two years ago, just a small forum thing. The guy who ran it then ended up being a gym leader for this last year.

There are no rumours unless you would like to start some, and then follow through.

Eh, I dunno. I AM bringing my one or two crappy decks with me to play with my friend, but other than that, I don't think I want to organize a tourney or something. I was just looking to make fun trades or something with my binder. I am not that into the game, but getting new cards is always fun.

bYf6vNQ.png
    The website has been updated!

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Do we have an idea when meetup times will be? What about the Championship meetup on Sunday? Where will that be held?

I've got half of my team done, the other half hopefully soon after. Won't really have any time to practice to see how it holds up though, so this year will be a pretty blind run! Looking forward to seeing you all.

The meetup times are going to be Fri/Sat 4pm Handheld lounge. The final meetup will be announced as soon as possible by Patrick.

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    To clarify--for all the challengers out there (and me)--will it be the 2nd Floor Handheld Lounge or the 3rd Floor Handheld Lounge?

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    Second floor, by the bell.

Well it took me 3 teams to do it, but I managed to win my first PPL badge for Prime! I hope I manage an easier time with the other gyms or I'm in trouble!

Oh no, they'll all be like that. ^^

Hail Hydra
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hope everyone had tons of fun challenging the League at PAX Prime! In preparation for next year, we've put together a survey for League Challengers to take. Your input will help us make the PPL bigger and better next year at PAX East and PAX Prime 2012!

The survey is here: http://bit.ly/q9QhYb

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention! Even if you didn't participate at Prime, but have participated in the PPL in the past, you can still fill out the survey! EVERYONE'S INVITED TO THE STATISTICS PARTY

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
    Please do respond to the survey - that's how we find out what needs to be improved for next times!

Also, if you're going to PAX East next year, keep your eyes on this thread and join the Pax Pokemon League forums! :)

• FrozunFrozun Registered User regular
    Thanks for holding this event guys, I had a blast this year. It was much smoother than last year and I'm looking forward to next year's league. I was the guy with the Ttar sandstorm team.

I'm going to have all the photos and few videos I've got uploaded soon, just give me some time.

In the meantime, busy yourself with the survey and planning out your team for PAX East. I hear some bigwig General is donning his green scarf again.

• TeletheusTeletheus Registered User regular
    This looks like a lot of fun. The only game I've played before is SS (and that one didn't really hold my attention for very long), but this may actually be enough for me to pick up Black (or White?) so I can play with y'all next year.

(Or at East.)

PSN/XBL/Steam/Twitter: Teletheus