As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Citizen Skywatch ARG Help!

KystyvKystyv Registered User new member
edited September 2011 in PAX Archive
Okay, so... After you went through the Citizen Skywatch booth, you were told to go to the 2K desk where you were given two cards; a red card with the CSW logo and a big arrow reading "SHELTER" with a QR code on the back, and a blue "LISTEN FOR DANGER!" card. On the back of the blue card is a statement that is numbered from 1 to 10 and these sentences are being decoded on the 2K forums. The problem is that no one who is taking part in the ARG has managed to get card #1 and we would be eternally grateful if someone here could tell me what it said so that we can finish the message!

Thanks in advance to anyone who bothers to check for me. :)

EDIT: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7nhyHjeLjBk/Tl2lUvHVPmI/AAAAAAAAy24/q3VgkNjKYRw/s1600/CSW_item_0907.jpg <-- Just to make it a little easier, this is what the card looks like that should have the message on the back.

Kystyv on

• Options
    KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    WHAT?! All I got was my ID card. No fair!

• Options
    Haha, they're just a couple pieces of thin cardboard about half the size of a piece of paper. They're cool, but unless you know what they're for they'd probably be one of the things that get shoved in your swag bag and never looked at again. Unless, of course, it's one of the games you're looking forward to.

• Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    This was one of the cooler waits in line for most disappointing payoff things we did at PAX.

• Options
    CattAttackCattAttack Registered User regular
    It looks like I ended up with number 10.
    After standing in line, they told you to go to the 2k desk and say that you need to speak with Agent Zero. They try handing you a card with a QR code on it, but if you can't scan it, they'll give you one with a link on the back instead.

• Options
    The red card actually sends you to a twitter message with a seemingly random jumble of letters whereas the link on the back of the blue card takes you to the Citizen Skywatch site. The letters on twitter are the key to a vigenere cipher but we don't have all the cards we need to decode yet...

It's really too bad you didn't enjoy it. I suppose for those of us who had been following this before, it was a little more exciting.

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    As I've said numerous times: This was the best booth of all my PAX experiences. I loved it.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    I guess the disappointing part for us was after we got out of the booth and went over to 2k, the woman there didn't really seem that enthused and told us to tell our friends online. It ended up feeling like an elaborate way for them to try to advertise via our Facebook/twitter.
    I loved the beginning part though, with the actors totally in character and I took a bunch of pictures of the set. When I was asked what my special skill was I had a brain fart and said, "Netting fishline." The guy kind of paused and said, "Well, I'm sure we'll find some use for that..." When I popped out of the room and looked down at my ID I saw that he had added "... & other aquatics." Haha, that made me laugh out loud.

• Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, I wish I had come up with a clever special skill but I didn't have time to think one up. Their booth was fun... but I wish I had known what to expect. I had fun with the actors and checking out the booth design... so much detail! But I couldn't help but feel a little deflated when I went to the 2k booth and they handed me a card and said "Post this on twitter & facebook and stuff".

nearlysober on
  • Options
    TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    http://forums.2kgames.com/forumdisplay.php?100-Citizen-Skywatch
    I think a lot of the clues have been decoded now!

This was the best booth at Expo, love it! Citizen 1101, reporting for duty.

8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • Options
    CattAttackCattAttack Registered User regular
    When I was asked what my special skill was I had a brain fart and said, "Netting fishline." The guy kind of paused and said, "Well, I'm sure we'll find some use for that..." When I popped out of the room and looked down at my ID I saw that he had added "... & other aquatics." Haha, that made me laugh out loud.

When I was asked what my special skills were... My mind also blanked, and I just said "Not that I know of."

What did I get as my Special Skill on my ID Card? Modesty.

• Options
    Yes, someone came forward while I was at work with the last card :) Thanks to everyone who checked if they had it though! It's greatly appreciated!

That said, if anyone is into ARG's, this one is looking like it's going to be pretty good and if it's anything like Something in the Sea turned out to be, it's going to be a ton of fun watching everyone try to solve all the puzzles we're presented with. If you're into that kind of thing and you're even mildly interested in XCOM, I would definitely suggest keeping an eye on the Citizen Skywatch forums. It may take some of the disappointment out of what may have been a slight anticlimax at their booth last weekend. Seeing what's being done with what we were given is pretty cool.

But yes, the little nervous guy in the darkroom, as has been noted already, was absolutely amazing. I was too interested in the pictures on the wall and blanked out completely when he started asking questions. Where is my base of operations? My answer was "wuuhhh?", to which he said "Oooookay... here. Right where we need you." So my base of operations, according to my card, is wherever it happens to be. My base is mobile. Bam. My friend and I happened to walk by a while later just in time to see the door flung open and watch as he ushered some guy rather forcefully out of the room before slamming the door shut behind him. What I wouldn't have given to know what he'd done... lol