As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sony's 3D Headset Release Date Set

rockmonkeyrockmonkey Little RockRegistered User regular
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/31/uk-japan-sony-headset-idUSLNE77U03M20110831

For starters, since when did Spider-Man have a cloak?

I wonder what the final specs on these are? I know at CES there was a prototype from Sony that supposedly had a 1280x720 resolution. I don't know what kind of resolution you would need at that close a distance, but it seems a little low, but you have to start somewhere. If this sells even half way decent then hopefully it'll spur more activity in this category.

Price seems about what I would expect for a first go from Sony: 60,000ish Yen which is what? almost $800 USD?

NEWrockzomb80.jpg
rockmonkey on

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Spider-Man leaps from the top of a building and swings out towards you, cloak fluttering so close you can almost touch it -- at work, on a train, in a car, or wherever you are.
    Spider-Man
    cloak
    brb loling forever

Seriously though, $800 USD doesn't seem too bad given that the 3D screens I've looked at generally go for around that price. I figure that once the prices on those start falling, the same will happen with this.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    CostumeSpid2099.gif
    Spiderman 2099 has a clock...

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I would get just so I can look like a cyborgman from the future.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    I would get just so I can look like a cyborgman from the future.

It seems like you should just have the Tron soundtrack playing as you walk around wearing that thing.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Plus add in those hideous monster tron headphones and you're all set!

Monster-Daft-Punk-Edition-TRON-Headphones.jpg

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy