As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Books You'd Like To See Made

2»

• MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    I'm assuming you've already read Kurt Buseik's Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis?

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    No, actually. Is that my cue to pick that up?

Tairu on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    Pretty much. It's not very long, but it seems to be up your alley.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Munch wrote:
    While I think Mike Kunkel came closest to doing it right (at least recently), I'd love to see Roger Langridge and Evan Shaner tackle it. Langridge proved he can write a compelling story, that would appeal to all ages, with Thor: The Mighty Avenger, and Shaner A) has a tremendous love of Captain Marvel, and B) has a style that I think suits the character to a "T." It's just retro enough to sell the Big Red Cheese aspect of the character, and just modern enough not to turn off today's readers.

Following up on this--
    2mcc6rt.jpg

C'mon, DC.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Tairu wrote:
    No, actually. Is that my queue to pick that up?

You want to use "cue" here.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I think on a parallel Earth I was trying to say that I wanted to put it in my comic queue, and our quantum signatures got mixed up.

Also, I'd like to see a JSA book not set in Earth 2, where the characters (Alan Scott, Hourman, Sandman, etc) were all young heroes. Set in modern times though.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    For some damn fool reason I was thinking about what story I'd like to tell if I got to pitch one Ms. Marvel story, and somehow that turned into me keeping myself up in the middle of the night trying to recall as many Marvel superheroines (including Agents Carter, Hill, and Hand; and Polaris and Rachel Grey; but not the Contessa) as I could. I topped out around 95.

There is an awesome story in there somewhere.

Crimsondude on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    New Gods - Morrison/Moebius

Ironman - Jodorowsky/Ribic

Batman - Jason Aaron/Maguire

Suicide Squad - Ennis/Dillion

Silver Surfer - Moore/Kirby

edited September 2011
    I just noticed that the Avengers seem to play poker a Hell of a lot. I wonder if Bendis would ever do a Rounders-style arc given the handful of addictive personalities on the team(s).

I could dig that, actually. Have the Kingpin or Mr. Negative manipulate someone who just goes off on a burner and then suffers for it. Oh, yeah. As much as I hate Bendis' writing he seems like the only person who'd ever do it. Oh, well, Brubaker could. I'd rather Bru did it.

Crimsondude on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    I think that's the story Jack of Hearts was made for.

You know the funny thing is that right now I would usually pass on that kind of story. But just knowing that it would end in redemption is probably the only thing that made me even think about it.

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    Supergirl/Batgirl

batgirl-supergirl_comic01.jpg

Words by Nate Cosby, art by Mike Maihack

I would read this book with my daughter.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    A return of one of my favorite older Marvel characters, Deaths Head. The orignal one prefferably although I would settle with DH2/Minion

Hell, How about a crossover with Deaths Head and Deadpool? I think it would be intresting anyways.

Dont know who would make it as I dont know my comic teams that well

Helios127 on
    He returned in the last issue of Captain Britain and MI 13.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    And he was in SWORD as well.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Oh man I would read the hell out of that Captain Marvel

Also I'd love for DnA to do a British superhero comic with all the classics including Death's Head. They are one of the very few writer teams I'd trust to get it right. I loved the big, cosmic style of MI-13 with dukes of hell and all that, though I'd like to see not just magic but also sci-fi, alternate realities and so on. Basically make it the crazy weird high concept shit book, where the antivengers from sub-universe thirteen invade scunthorpe with an enslaved phoenix force.

• LolkenLolken Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    A continuation of Miracleman.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Helios127 wrote:
    A return of one of my favorite older Marvel characters, Deaths Head. The orignal one prefferably although I would settle with DH2/Minion

Hell, How about a crossover with Deaths Head and Deadpool? I think it would be intresting anyways.

Dont know who would make it as I dont know my comic teams that well

Gillen had a never pitched, never developed little story for Marvel along those lines. Sounded fun.

Death's Head, Death's Head II, and Deadpool in a space station.

Death's Head has been hired to kill Death's Head II and keep Deadpool alive.
    Death's Head II has been hired to kill Deadpool and has to keep Death's Head alive, since, you know, paradox.

And Deadpool has been hired to... you get the idea.

Gillen proved he could write everyone's favorite Freelance Peacekeeping Agent in SWORD (Pick it up if you haven't. Only five issues, Death's Head is in all of them). Well, I'd grab a copy, at least.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Or he'll regret it, yes?

Wildcat wrote:
    And he was in SWORD as well.

Holy crap. How did I forget that?

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    new Phonogram. i haven't given up hope.

Indeed.

Here's my thinking on that, since Gillen and McKelvie have both said or strongly suggested that it's not going to happen. While I appreciate that, and especially that Gillen is a bigshot at Marvel now, McKelvie is less so at the moment. That said, I think it is possible given enough financial stability that both (McKelvie, really) can eat the cost of working on that given the Image payments are way on the back end. The bitch is that no one read the damn books when they were coming out and the trades, especially of Singles Club, are making money and getting some increased interest (Gillen drawing attention for writing Uncanny X-Men didn't hurt) but they still aren't hot shit compared to a lot of pablum. So I'm hoping that they can find the opportunity in the near future either with Image or Icon or something.