As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

12346»

• MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    Hey all! To add even MORE things to distract you from pre-PAX preparations, on Wednesday night (the 24th) let's play boardgames at the College Inn in the U-district! Happy Hour is 4-7 PM, I'm guessing I'll/we'll be there from about 5:30 - 10 PM (I still have to work the next day). If you can make it, great, if not, we'll see you an incredibly short amount of time afterwards. Here's the College Inn's website: http://collegeinnpub.com/index.html

I'll bring that LOTR trivia game and maybe Jurassic Park boardgame... :D And there will be some other games as well! Yay for the somewhat-return of Happy Hours!

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    PAX is over. Let's start some shit, dudes.

Mainly, this is a bump, but also...school starts soon (or already has) for many of us and our spawns.

Which means I know I need to drink heavily so that I can help with homework. How about you!?? What better time to drink than anytime?

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ill be making a new thread for gatherings at the start of October.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    PAX is over. Let's start some shit, dudes.

Any time man. I am down like veal.

2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There is a tabletop gaming get together on Sunday, the 4th. We're meeting at the Seattle Sheraton Lobby around 1-2 PM... There was a thread for this (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20373376#Comment_20373376) which has been closed. So we're moving the discussion to this thread. There is also a Facebook page for Seattle area PAX Forumers, looking to get in on meetups, http://www.facebook.com/groups/187747611293547/. Anyone who is interested is welcome to attend.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Count 2 for the tabletop gaming at the Sheraton - we'll be there in the afternoon. No weddings that day after all!

We'll bring Gamers vs. Evil and a couple other short games. Anybody know how to play Khronos or Ascension? We've got them but haven't played them yet.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    Possibly...

I wonder if that bar is going to be open... hrmmmm

• AkumakeiAkumakei Registered User regular
    I know how to play Ascension, and if I'm there I can teach it. Not sure I'll actually be there though.

Count 2 for the tabletop gaming at the Sheraton - we'll be there in the afternoon. No weddings that day after all!

We'll bring Gamers vs. Evil and a couple other short games. Anybody know how to play Khronos or Ascension? We've got them but haven't played them yet.

Sweet... sounds good. The old thread is still getting views (391 times as of now) So hopefully, some of those people will show as well. After all, one would think that someone wouldn't be viewing a Seattle Meetup thread if there was no way they'd go... :)

I've also gotten a couple replies from people saying they can't make it, but want to come then text time. So we should be in good shape to do more of these... Maybe make it every month or two. Or at least have a couple meetups, leading up to a larger event.

BigRed wrote:
    Possibly...

The Lobby Lounge hours are 4:00 PM - 11:55 PM. On a totally unrelated note... I can't get my profile picture to post, ever since I tried to change it. I tried removing it and re loading it, but no dice. Anyone else have this problem?

• nanaki254nanaki254 Registered User regular
    School starting real soon, and I'll be dorming at UW.
    I've been trying to get into tabletop gaming, but I couldn't find a beginners thing or something like that. Aside from the one or two demos I seen at PAX each year, my experience is nonexistent (though it does seem really fun)
    I was wondering if anyone at or near UW has something set up like this and if I could join in?

My clan: www.killazinc.net
    I sub music: My Youtube
    nanaki254 wrote:
    I've been trying to get into tabletop gaming, but I couldn't find a beginners thing or something like that. Aside from the one or two demos I seen at PAX each year, my experience is nonexistent (though it does seem really fun)
    I was wondering if anyone at or near UW has something set up like this and if I could join in?

Experience is overrated... especially since every board game is different. Even ones in the same series. Every PAX, I end up learning new games that I've never played before. The best way to learn is just to jump in and play :)

• Lynx_Lynx_ Registered User regular
    nanaki254 wrote:

Pen and Paper Gaming Club. I think they're doing something for Dawg Daze this year.

• nanaki254nanaki254 Registered User regular
    Lynx_ wrote:
    nanaki254 wrote:

Pen and Paper Gaming Club. I think they're doing something for Dawg Daze this year.

Really? sweet :D I had never seen a booth of the club before, usually just the anime/manga booth. Thanks, i'll check it out :)

My clan: www.killazinc.net
    I sub music: My Youtube
    Just checked in at the Sheraton... see you all in a couple hours!

BigRed wrote:
    Possibly...

I also wondered that. The bar at the Daily Grill will be open, and they have a loungey area with couches and table service and martinis. Unfortunately, they can't serve in the lounge - but I'd be down for splitting the party for a couple of hours...

• KaneBlaireauKaneBlaireau Registered User regular
    Running behind but will be there ASAP!

We're in the side lobby (bar & grill) with cupcakes, cookies, and games :)

I completely spaced on this :( Deus Ex 3 got in the way.

Awesome time with awesome folks! Thanks Redwing for getting this together!

• emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    We had super awesome happy fun time.

RedWingedBlackBird - Thanks for setting this up. It was a total blast, all 12 hours of it! We all had a brilliant time and collapsed into bed in the wee, wee hours. We missed you at Kushibar though - you would have loved it, but we ate lots of Takoyaki in your honor.

Thanks to everyone that attended the meetup on Sunday... It was a great. Got to play some new games, eat some good cookies & muffins, and made some new gamer friends. Looking forward to the next meetup! Probably 1st or 2nd week of October... spread the word.

Ill try and make the next one for sure.

Just dont time it around the BF3 or Gears3 releases :P

Maybe their should be a LAN event around that time. Eh? EH? ;)

Maybe their should be a LAN event around that time. Eh? EH? ;)

Oh there will certainly be a BF3 LAN, I guarantee that :P

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    There's always BFing at Red's LAN parties.

It's goddamn painful.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    Game night tonight, y'all.

If you're on Capitol Hill and enjoy board games, there will be ample board games and gamers to play them with at Chao Bistro tonight. This is also the bar that hosts Starcraft Viewing parties, they treat their nerd regulars well.
    http://chaobistro.com/

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
    A bunch of us are planing on going to this on friday:
    http://bootiemashup.com/seattle/

Also this Saturday theres a gaming event... PM me for details if you are interested in some board games :)
    (trying to keep it under 30 people, lol)

I'd want to do another tabletop gaming meetup next month in the Seattle area... say between the 10th and the 20th. I work weekends right now... so a Tues or Weds would work way better for me. Since I live 3 hours from Seattle, realistically, I would probably have to take at least 1 1/2 days off work if it was on a weekend. The last one we did was on Sunday night, which was a work night for most people... But I would like some feedback as to what day of the week works best for most people who want to do this?

This discussion has been closed.