As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Portal 2 - Want You Gone - Typography

FelliniFellini Registered User new member
edited August 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hello everyone! I recently made a kinetic typography video for Portal 2's end song 'Want You Gone'. One week working after first launch Adobe AE. I think it's pretty nice and hope you'll enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7Qo5kNhU8

Peace <3

Fellini on

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    My only problem with kinetic type is I think they all look the same. But it was still very nice, I liked the clock especially.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    This is pretty nice. I think a few areas move a little too fast for the eye, but overall it's very clean and easy to follow. Favorite spot is the analog clock revealing words and spinning away.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Liger wrote:
    I think a few areas move a little too fast for the eye

Agreed. With any type of subtitling, it's better to be a little bit preemptive.

• Options
    FelliniFellini Registered User new member
    Thank u all.
    Liger wrote:
    This is pretty nice. I think a few areas move a little too fast for the eye, but overall it's very clean and easy to follow. Favorite spot is the analog clock revealing words and spinning away.
    I love "one day they woke me up" part.

• Options
    PriestPriest Registered User regular
    Fantastic. I loved it. Agreed that a few parts moved a bit too quickly, but among the best KT's I've seen. (YouTube is littered with terrible ones, but I personally think this is great.)

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    I liked it too, definitely one of the better kinetic type videos I've seen! Aside from moving a little quickly (although that's sort of inherent with the style) the only thing that bugged me was the stretched type here and there.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I actually thought that there were quite a few sections where the words didn't keep up with the song. Still a fun animation, though.