As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WindowsXP - Gamma Reset?

zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a WinXP notebook machine with an Nvidia 7950 GTX video card.
Some of the games I play have brighter in-game gamma settings than what my desktop/default is.

Most games exit fine - the brighter in-game gamma setting reverts back to the darker, normal setting when the application closes.
However, some don't revert upon application close, and my desktop is now way too bright.

Is there a simple way to "force" a reset of my display in some way to get my "true" desktop/default gamma setting back when this happens?
Rebooting works of course, but that's like killing a fly with a shotgun - surely there's something much faster and simpler.

Thanks in advance!

zhen_rogue on

• Double_ChrisDouble_Chris Registered User
    I would suggest going into the settings and clicking a button that says something to the effect of restore to default. Unless the setting you want isn't the default, in which case just go into the settings and change it back after you exit.

As far as I know, there's no real way to magic your desktop into knowing to change after exiting a game. If it isn't doing it automatically, it's a problem with the games, not Windows.

We are human, after all. Flesh Uncovered, after all.