As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Wednesday Sept. 7, 2011

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited September 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-NxLX5dX-XL.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    This reminds me of that System Shock 2 mod I saw on youtube where you can wander around the Von Braun before things went to shit and see all the crew and stuff.

I wanna play that. How much of a market is there for settings of Survival Horror games before the Horror bit turns up?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I too, would love that. Like, Resident Evil Zero, that hour long or so train section at the start, before the game really gets going? If that was just a regular train journey. And then OH NO CALAMITY and everyone dies. That'd be cool.

Oh brilliant
  • ChiefChief Registered User regular
    I guess, in my head, Gabe and Tycho have distinct voices but it's not something I pay a lot of attention to as I'm reading the comic. The first time I read this strip they were speaking in their usual voices. Then I went back and read it with Tycho's voice muffled by the helmet. You should try it. It's like I'm there on the beach, guys. Playing with Gabe's off-panel toes.

It'd be nice to see Rapture before ADAM, or maybe when ADAM was first discovered.

Emmitt_Sig_08-16-11.jpg
  • Wandering IdiotWandering Idiot Registered User regular
    If anyone needs context, they apparently uploaded a dev version of the game to Steam by mistake instead of the final release, at first. Which sure, seems like rank incompetence and/or an indication of how much attention they're paying to the PC port, but... uh, I got nothing.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hmm, you'd think every part of the body except the nose would be covered in sun-cream, considering how they get so red.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I think Tycho made the right call here considering the freakish pink-white sun appears to have burned the background beachers into a black crisp

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Everything about this comic is perfect.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    For reference, this is what I was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7V40dHsxE8

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Motorcycle helmet Tycho is my favorite kind of Tycho.

And a good comic. :^:

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    lovely comic

e: and I'd also play the shit out of this game

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    Chief wrote:
    It's like I'm there on the beach, guys. Playing with Gabe's off-panel toes.

LVjfz.jpg

faits.png
  • ChiefChief Registered User regular
    Hahaha, oh man. No way. That's funny as goose poop though.

Emmitt_Sig_08-16-11.jpg
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    Where are Tycho's welding gloves? His hands are gonna buuurrn!

Automasig.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    This reminds me of that System Shock 2 mod I saw on youtube where you can wander around the Von Braun before things went to shit and see all the crew and stuff.

I wanna play that. How much of a market is there for settings of Survival Horror games before the Horror bit turns up?

Yes. This is a thing that I want.

forumsig.png
  • aerobeingaerobeing Registered User new member
    edited September 2011
    JAEF wrote:
    Everything about this comic is perfect.
    Except for the superfluous "are".

aerobeing on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    the best thing about typos in PA is that in order to happen

1) jerry has to do the typo
    2) mike has to copy it out of notepad without actually reading it

unless mike were to intentionally insert a typo to make jerry look bad (nefarious)

faits.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    faits wrote:
    the best thing about typos in PA is that in order to happen

1) jerry has to do the typo
    2) mike has to copy it out of notepad without actually reading it

unless mike were to intentionally insert a typo to make jerry look bad (nefarious)

I'm sure it's worth it just to mock him.

• rabidmuskratrabidmuskrat Registered User regular
    Chief wrote:
    It'd be nice to see Rapture before ADAM, or maybe when ADAM was first discovered.
    I'd just like to second how awesome it'd be to see rapture when ADAM was first discovered.

• Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    Hmmm, however they are hosting this comic is blocked by the corporate firewall, but none of the previous ones have been :(

steam_sig.png
  • GabrielGabriel Registered User, ClubPA, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff staff
    I am thinking about leaving the typos in just to shame him.

When I drop the text in I am not even thinking about them as words. I am just thinking about making them fit in the panels.

• ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Look at that foot. That foot is exquisite.

The hands are still ridiculous, but my goodness, that is a hell of a foot.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    And soon enough, Tychpos won't even show up as a misspelled word.

If the line for sno-cones is 10 minutes I would hate to think of what the line for Dippin' Dots would be.

NNID: Rehab0
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I have no clue why every time Tycho is wearing his sun-visor it makes me laugh.

• collinccollinc Registered User regular
    When I saw the typo I thought they were being ironic. As though they released an early version of the comic :p

Free cake. Inquire within.
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote:

If the line for sno-cones is 10 minutes I would hate to think of what the line for Dippin' Dots would be.

It would be zero, because why get Dippin' Dots when the potential for snow cones, even in 10 or so minutes, is a possibility.

• Bob_LoblawBob_Loblaw Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Hmmm, however they are hosting this comic is blocked by the corporate firewall, but none of the previous ones have been :(

It's hosted on smugmug. I have the same problem at work.

If you take the link to the pic http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/i-NxLX5dX/0/L/i-NxLX5dX-XL.jpg and change it to http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-NxLX5dX/0/L/i-NxLX5dX-XL.jpg it should work.

Bob_Loblaw on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Rehab wrote:

It would be zero, because why get Dippin' Dots when the potential for snow cones, even in 10 or so minutes, is a possibility.

Because its the ice cream of the future!

But that also suggest it might not be in the early version of the game.

NNID: Rehab0
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    how ARE early are we talking dudes!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    If anyone needs context, they apparently uploaded a dev version of the game to Steam by mistake instead of the final release, at first. Which sure, seems like rank incompetence and/or an indication of how much attention they're paying to the PC port, but... uh, I got nothing.
    it has some rather serious problems

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    that was fixed at 9am on the day it came out......

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote:
    Motorcycle helmet Tycho is my favorite kind of Tycho.

And a good comic. :^:
    It's kind of funny because just about an hour before I read today's comic I was on the pooper reading Tycho's bit in one of the books about how he wishes motorcycle helmet Tycho could be in every comic.

steam_sig.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I too hail the return of motorcycle helmet Tycho.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    But where are his gloves?

• Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    Bob_Loblaw wrote:

It's hosted on smugmug. I have the same problem at work.

If you take the link to the pic http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/i-NxLX5dX/0/L/i-NxLX5dX-XL.jpg and change it to http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-NxLX5dX/0/L/i-NxLX5dX-XL.jpg it should work.

Thanks. It looks like they've changed link to the picture now on the Comic page.

steam_sig.png
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    heh

white boi wearing a helmet

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Somehow I manage to miss every typo until someone points them out.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Nothing is more horrible than baking in the sun having to wait for frozen treats. Not even zombies eating your children to melodic music before your child eats you and the zombies eat your wife/nanny you brought on vacation instead.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Gabriel wrote:

When I drop the text in I am not even thinking about them as words. I am just thinking about making them fit in the panels.

that is really neat. I mean, to think about the words as physical constructions that you have to wrangle into your artwork.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Gabriel wrote:

Do it! You know you want to!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.