As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Challenge Coins 2011 - for real now

1234568»

• qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    Yuritau wrote:
    Order placed. There's no way ANY of those shipping options are gonna make it to Canada in the next 6 days, so I just went with the free shipping, which will probably take 2 months, heh.

decent price for the Canadian shipping though, eh? (sorry, I had to throw that in there)

• namdor_07namdor_07 Registered User regular
    I bought a couple coins. If someone wants to trade for a PAX Prime 2010 I will trade one of the ones I just ordered for it.

• CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    Ordered 2. I'd guess shipping to the UK is going to take a while...

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • JessperJessper Registered User regular
    Ordered a few the other day.

Thanks again for the people that put this together. I hope to be at PAX east and get a coin for that as well. Still a little bummed I miss this for Prime last year and don't have one but I'll get over my sorrow by looking at my new shiny.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Anybody hear anything about these yet? Anybody receive theirs?

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Haven't gotten mine yet, was wondering about it last night. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    I just got my shipping notification email.

cp468kw5.gif
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    spydey wrote:
    I just got my shipping notification email.

Same here

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    just a thought... but if you guys are planning at PAX East 2012 coin... perhaps planning should start now so coins will be read to go well in advance of pax.

(also, forgive me if somebody already said this. I haven't read the thread :P )

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    SmallLady wrote:
    just a thought... but if you guys are planning at PAX East 2012 coin... perhaps planning should start now so coins will be read to go well in advance of pax.

(also, forgive me if somebody already said this. I haven't read the thread :P )

That topic has definitely been discussed...but its always nice to have some positive reinforcement..

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    This is such a cool idea! I'm really sad I didn't see it last year, since 2010 Prime PAX was my first PAX- I read the thread and there was some mention of a reprinting of 2010 Prime coins, how likely do you think that is to happen?

• Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    Woo, just picked up a few coins - almost forgot (again), would have been a major bummer. Kudos to the folks in charge for coming up with a spectacular way to remember PAX.

And darn my collective impulses, now I'll have to go hunt down that PAX East coin from last year...gotta cache 'em all!

Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • mral777mral777 Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    Just got my coins in the mail - they look amazing - thanks again to you all who made this happen.

• ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    Mine just arrived today. It's bigger than the east coin, but it came out great!

I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    My coins just arrived. Larger and heavier than I expected. They turned out great.

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Got mine today as well. Here's a couple pics, the best my phone can take anyway. I think it turned out good (the convention center especially) but the back is just a little too plain for me. We'll have to get really creative again for East next year.
    IMG_20110906_134434.jpg
    IMG_20110906_134447.jpg

And size comparison with the two previous coins:
    IMG_20110906_134750.jpg
    IMG_20110906_134838.jpg

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I wonder why they went with the bigger coin

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    S2000Gan wrote:
    I wonder why they went with the bigger coin
    I think it's an improvement.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    I still think the Prime 2010 coin is the best, not sure why.

Is planning going to start for the next East coin soon?

I got mine today...definitely like them!

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • TMIBTMIB Registered User regular
    Got mine today too. Like last year, I'll be releasing one as a Geocaching trackable. Hopefully this one will make it beyond the first cache before getting muggled, unlike last year. :)

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Got mine, love them! You brought back the cool ridged edges, love that more than the smooth! <3<3<3

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • EmptyAyEmptyAy Registered User regular
    Just got mine in the mail, it's so awesome definitely grabbing the coin from every PAX I attend from now on.
    Daisy wrote:
    This is such a cool idea! I'm really sad I didn't see it last year, since 2010 Prime PAX was my first PAX- I read the thread and there was some mention of a reprinting of 2010 Prime coins, how likely do you think that is to happen?

This. Last year's Prime was my first PAX, and I didn't know about any of the peripheral stuff (Coin, Pre-and-Post Parties, MMT, Triwizard, the list goes on) so I'd love to get my hands on a coin. Any chance anyone has a stash somewhere, or that they'll do any kind of reprint?

• G4MERG4MER Registered User regular
    Got my two Coins in the Mail today. Wow they are fantastic! And a lot larger than I thought they would be. What a great value!

g4mer_paxsig.png
  • EmptyAyEmptyAy Registered User regular
    G4MER wrote:
    What a great value!

Really, this is something that absolutely surprised me. To get this kind of quality and size for $5.75 with no shipping? It's pretty amazing.

Got my coins today - they're great! An excellent addition to my dice box. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
  • Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    Got mine as well, very impressed by the convention center, got much more detail in there than I thought. In response to the size issue - The initially had the invoice at 2", and I had them correct it to 1.75" (what 2010 was) before approving it, but they went ahead and made it at 2" anyway. It was not intended to be that size.

They still have quite a few for anyone who is unsure about getting one. I ordered 2 myself (one to carry, one for display).
    As for the planning of East.... I cannot go to East (sadface) but would be willing to help, or let someone else plan it. @Prinny - input?

• Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    Got mine, I am really impressed with the amount of detail in the convention center. I would have preferred something that showed Seattle better, but it still turned out nice.

I am really bummed about the size, I hope you contact them and get some sort of compensation if they really did mess up the size. Maybe ask for the next die to be free, or significantly reduced price.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
    Got mine as well, very impressed by the convention center, got much more detail in there than I thought. In response to the size issue - The initially had the invoice at 2", and I had them correct it to 1.75" (what 2010 was) before approving it, but they went ahead and made it at 2" anyway. It was not intended to be that size.

They still have quite a few for anyone who is unsure about getting one. I ordered 2 myself (one to carry, one for display).
    As for the planning of East.... I cannot go to East (sadface) but would be willing to help, or let someone else plan it. @Prinny - input?

I actually think the larger size works better...more room for the artwork. Also it stands out amongst other coins.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    gigabrain wrote:
    I actually think the larger size works better...more room for the artwork. Also it stands out amongst other coins.

And it makes a bigger racket when you slam it on the bar.

camo_sig2.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Personally, I'm not really against the larger size, but I would prefer the size of the first two coins.

I'm sure @Papaprinny will take over at some point, if you guys want to relay a message to him, let me know. The earlier we get started on this thing for East, the better, but we do still have 7 months, so no hurry yet. :P

NSw0gum.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Coldbrew wrote:
    Personally, I'm not really against the larger size, but I would prefer the size of the first two coins.

I'm sure @Papaprinny will take over at some point, if you guys want to relay a message to him, let me know. The earlier we get started on this thing for East, the better,
    but we do still have 7 months, so no hurry yet. :P

Exactly why there has never been a coin that hasn't gone down to the wire.

• KemicalKemical Registered User regular
    I just ordered one. Thanks for putting this together!

• qwhackerqwhacker Registered User regular
    finally got the notice they'd shipped my 7 . :P can't wait to get them!

(also no, i'm not hoarding these, i bought them for others)

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Anybody local to Seattle order an extra they would trade for a 2010 Prime coin?

REG Rysk wrote:
    Anybody local to Seattle order an extra they would trade for a 2010 Prime coin?

I think you can still order them...

Rw4xnu6.png
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I am aware

• slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm not local but I'm still interested in the 2010 Prime coin. Want to work something out?

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • YuritauYuritau CanadaRegistered User regular
    the three I ordered on august 19th finally showed up today, lol. They look great!

Also.. another inch and they'd be usable as coasters!