As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

• Options
    TankTank Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Just watched "Alive" yesterday. The whole villian vs. villian battle was great. Lex was sooooo badass in that episode. My favorite parts were:

[spoiler:d4de06a1e1]
    Lex: "I'm already more powerful than all of you put together."

and Lex pwning Grodd.

[/spoiler:d4de06a1e1]

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Lex is seriously evil Batman. The simple fact that he keeps the upper hand over all the other villains makes me kind of like him, and the episode where he switched bodies with the Flash show how quickly he adapts.

Yellow jello> Green Lantern.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    GL's actually been pwn'd by yellow a couple times in the series even though they never really outright say it's a weakness. In Secret Origins, for instance, some yellow gas fucks him over a couple times.

Also, I believe I have just recieved a sign that I should move to Seattle.

Seattle PI had a great little article about the end of Justice League. Take a moment to read it, it's kinda neat and not very long.

Tonight I'll be making a big ol' post about Secret Origins, as the start of my...talking about episodes...thing. Sure.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Seattle PI had a great little article about the end of Justice League. Take a moment to read it, it's kinda neat and not very long.

Tonight I'll be making a big ol' post about Secret Origins, as the start of my...talking about episodes...thing. Sure.

Awww, it made me sad.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I'm going to gonna ahead and make this post even though I don't have three of the pictures I want. Hopefully I can edit it later tonight or tomorrow. Let me warn you, this is a lot of words. UPDATE: Got all the pictures I wanted.

This is the official beginning of my episode commentaries, I guess we'll call them, even though I sorta did one earlier on Blast from the Past. I'm starting in on Justice League with the first episode, Secret Origins.

Also, this post will contain spoilers, but I would hope that we've all seen Secret Origins already.

The episode covers how the league formed and gave the main backstory for J'onn (and a little of Wonder Woman too). Big aliens come to earth, oh shits, oh hey a Martian, let's all beat dudes up, Batman finds a weakness and hey! We win!

First, I have to let everyone know just how much I love Snapper Carr. He's so great. And oh how happy I was when I noticed that in the first few scenes with him, he's snapping.

Snapper1.jpgSnapper2.jpg

Snapper's a valiant guy too. When this big rock falls on Superman, Snapper is right there trying to dig him out. Problem is it's hard to dig someone out when you're actually standing on the huge rock he's under, and the rocks you CAN move are just being placed on that giant rock.

Snappergiantrock.jpg

Aside from the whole bit with the guys on Mars, one of the first things we see is that scene with scientists at the deep-space monitoring station. And here's something that I never really gave much thought to until I watched it last night. Dopey scientist guys says "Venus is rising early, and you know what that means!"

I have to be honest. I don't know what that means. I google'd it, and the one search result was a snippet from a book. And the book...was the book version of Secret Origins (which my brother has and I've actually read even though it's written for like...10-year-olds.) Is it some crazy astronomer joke? I have no idea.

So these aliens, we find out, are vulnerable to light. And I just have to wonder, how does a being vulnerable to sunlight manage to hide undercover on earth as a goddamn Senator for two years? Did noone go, "Hey, Senator Carter like...never goes out during the day. Something's fucking up with him." God,it just hit me that he's like Dick Cheney or something. Fuck, Dick Cheney is bringing aliens here, goddammit.

Also, he has no arms!

noarms.jpg

This episode seemed to have a lot of things that happen just once and then never again. For example, the aliens apparently only brought one creepy dog thing. It gives Batman the old one-two and they didn't think to bring more.

creepydogthing.jpg

Then J'onn does this weird glowy power thing, that he never ever ever does again. It looks like this temp power I had in City of Heroes that I got from this one broad's wedding ring. Is J'onn borrowing someone's magic wedding ring? We can only wonder.

glowyjonn.jpg

J'onn is involved with a couple creepy moments too. Like the arm thing.

armthingd.jpg

Totally a take on him fucking the white Martians in Terror Incognita

comicarmthingd.jpg

And the Imperium's tentacle all up his head? Jesus fuck,that's horrible.

creepytentacles.jpg

While we're on the subject of J'onn, let me just ask. Wouldn't it suck to guard something for 500 years and then the one time someone actually shows up, you're in a hibernation cycle?

Then at this army base, they're monitoring J'onn's vital signs, apparently. If I were a shapeshifter, you couldn't monitor anything on me. "Oh you're gonna monitor my lungs? Oh look, they're not there anymore. Now uh..I breath through a million spores all over my body. Monitor that, you twit."

The other cool J'onn thing in this episode are the pyschic messages he sends to Superman. I found some screenshots of them, and while I don't have much to say about them, I do think they're cool to look at.

message1.jpgmessage2.jpg

message3.jpgmessage4.jpg

As the Justice League escapes from the aliens, Batman shows up and reverses an ion charge, which does...something? The league beats the crap out of those dudes. J'onn fucks the Imperium's shit all kinds of up, and they save the 8 arbitrarily captured people.

JonnImperium.jpg

arbitrarilycaptures.jpg

I've heard complaints about this scene because Superman does like this "oh yeah, laser eyes!" moment that at first, seems to make absolutely everything else completely unneccessary. If you are someone who has wondered about that, let me point out what the earth looked like at the moment:

darkearth.jpg

So, they're blocking out the sun. Let's all remember how Supes gets his powers. We all got that? Cool. Good.

This three-parter kicked off the series, and to be honest it was kind of rough. They didn't want to make the characters the same and interchangeable so a lot of them seemed to initially be taken to extremes. Superman and Batman had whole series in which to develop, J'onn was a big focus in this episode so he developed quickly. But the other four? Very base characters.

Flash: Funny comment, something immature.
    GL: I AM A SOLDIER, TACTICS OBJECTIVES DUR DUR
    Hawkgirl: I want to hit shit and I want to hit it NOW.
    Wonder Woman: Oh mother! Oh Hera! Oh man's world!

Thank god they eventually got more characterization than that.

I think I'll stop there, since this has gone for oh...ever now. It's a three-parter with lots of stuff happening. At least I haven't talked about the Bystander League yet. The next one should be a little shorter. It's gonna be "In Blackest Night" and I think I'm going to do a Batman one very soon too (probably Almost Got 'Im, maybe What is Reality?), assuming you guys enjoy this, and would wish for me to continue such ranting.

hands.jpg

AAAAAAAAND BREAK!

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    jlaflashyikes7lu.jpg

Long, but good read. Can we make suggestions on episodes you write about? One of my fave Batman episodes is Perchance to Dream, but its been a while since I've seen it. Anywho, yeah, keep em comin, please. Much appreciated

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Great stuff, Jordyn!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I'm going to just go straight through the Justice League stuff in order, but if you want to suggest Batman/Superman/Batman Beyond episodes, go right ahead! I've pretty much got the one for Almost Got 'Im entirely written already. And the BB ones will depend on if I have them available for viewing. Same goes for the Supes episodes that aren't on DVD quite yet.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I love Almost Got'im.

<3 old Croc.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I don't even remember what episode "What is Reality?" is.

Lux on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    GL's actually been pwn'd by yellow a couple times in the series even though they never really outright say it's a weakness. In Secret Origins, for instance, some yellow gas fucks him over a couple times.

She totally ignore GL.

"Between the first version of the series in 2001, when "Justice League" followed the adventures of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Hawkgirl and J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter, and these final episodes, the team expanded from the core six characters to embrace, by some counts, about 60 team members culled from decades of DC Comics."

Burn.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

She totally ignore GL.

"Between the first version of the series in 2001, when "Justice League" followed the adventures of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Hawkgirl and J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter, and these final episodes, the team expanded from the core six characters to embrace, by some counts, about 60 team members culled from decades of DC Comics."

Burn.

Forgive me for this.

Jordyn doesn't CARE about the black people!

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

She totally ignore GL.

Burn.

Forgive me for this.

Jordyn doesn't CARE about the black people!

I didn't write the article. I find that hilarious though.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I'm gonna do a Batman episode, like I said I would. And I've decided to go with Almost Got 'Im. This is a seriously awesome episode, written by the great Paul Dini (man, when you put "great" in front of his name it sounds like he's a magician). The episode is all about Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Penguin, and Poison Ivy playing cards at an obviously shady joint and sharing thier stories of how close they've come to killing Batman. And it's hilarious. I love this episode.

We all know Croc's "I THREW A ROCK AT HIM!" bit, featuring one of the best pans ever:

ThrewARockPan.jpg

But one of my other favourite parts is:

TWO-FACE: Poison Ivy.
    IVY: It's been a long time, Harvey. You're still looking half-way decent.
    TWO-FACE: Half of me wants to strangle ya.
    IVY: And what does the other half want?
    TWO-FACE: To hit ya with a truck.
    IVY: We used to date.
    JOKER & PENGUIN: Ahh.

Speaking of Two-Face, can someone turn him down a notch? Jeesh! Playing cards, he gets rid of two of them, keeps two kings and a two, then gets another two. His story involves him robbing a mint of two million dollars in two dollar bills (but Harv! that's only one million bills!) and his posse is the Two-Ton gang. But the absolute best Two-Face joke?

Half & Half.

HalfHalf.jpg

Two-Face's story has the origin of the giant penny! Awesome!

GiantPenny.jpg

It crushed those dudes!

GonnaCrushEm.jpgCrushed.jpg

It also has him going "oh god where's my coin again?"

WheresMyCoin.jpgohnoes.jpg

Seriously, Harv, that thing's a goddamn liability.

Penguin's story involved birds, go figure. I've always found the "I <3 Birds"

version of Penguin to be kinda boring. Even when you dip their beaks in poison, I still have a hard time feeling threatened by hummingbirds. But, I think we can all agree that that giant casuary is a fucked up bird.

stupidbird.jpg

On the topic of beaks, what's with Batman's schnozz in this episode?

batbeak.jpg

I imagine he didn't kiss Catwoman at the end because it would likely have cost her an eye.

Joker's story involves him having Bats tied to a chair that electrocutes you when people laugh. They pump the studio full of laughing gas, and Harley starts reading the phone book. It is a hilarious phone book. Catwoman comes to the rescue, and we get another appearance of Harley's big gun. In one of the episode commentaries, Timm and Dini talked about getting a huge toy gun in a Japan that they absolutely loved, so they started putting a big Harley gun into episodes in the hopes that a toy version of it would get made.

HarleysGun.jpg

So after Joker tells his story, Croc asks him what happened to Catwoman. Joker says where she is and then BAM. One of the best moments ever:

IsItCroc.jpgItsBatman.jpg

millionguns.jpg

That is the most guns ever. It's like five minutes of "KCHTCKKCHCTHKCKHCHKCHKTKCHCKTCHKTCHKTCHKCHCKHCKHCKHTKHCKHTKHCKHKHCKHTKHCKHTKHCKHTKCHKCT."

It was such a Batman moment. One of those "hahaha gotcha" things that just make you sit there thinking "you sly fucker, you were Croc all along." Way to uh...take one on the chin, Bats.

On-the-chin.jpg

Heh heh...take one on the chin...heh...heheh...oh man.

So Bats runs off and saves Catwoman and they don't make out and I'm like "GOD MAKE OUT ALREADY!" Despite my disappointment in the lack of lip-locking, I still love this episode and I know lots of other people do too.

Up next! "In Blackest Night"

More-to-Come.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Don't they always say to save the best for last?

...but in the DCAU, what IS the best?

Great article. But I desire more! More meat to read!

I like my steaks to be a novel.

Kaosu Reido on

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    This brings up something I've always been curious about.

How the fuck did Batman get the penny into his cave? Some of the stuff in the Rogue's Gallery is just shit he could've picked up, like Freeze's gun, but the giant penny, not to mention the half-destroyed robot T-Rex, makes me curious as to how no one notices shit going up to Wayne manor.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Mysst wrote:

How the fuck did Batman get the penny into his cave? Some of the stuff in the Rogue's Gallery is just shit he could've picked up, like Freeze's gun, but the giant penny, not to mention the half-destroyed robot T-Rex, makes me curious as to how no one notices shit going up to Wayne manor.

He put electric lights, a car turntable, a giant fucking computer, a boat dock, and probably a bathroom/shower or something down there.

I don't think anyone's going to notice a giant penny by this point. It's just something that crazy asshole Wayne does with his crazy money.

Jordyn, could you eventually do "Mean Seasons"? It's my favorite TNBA episode, and we never got a Timm commentary on it. You're the next best thing.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    IrishChronicleIrishChronicle Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

He put electric lights, a car turntable, a giant fucking computer, a boat dock, and probably a bathroom/shower or something down there.

I don't think anyone's going to notice a giant penny by this point. It's just something that crazy asshole Wayne does with his crazy money.

Sometimes it's fun to pretend that the citizens of Gotham are just humoring Wayne, and they totally know he runs around in tights and "fights crime".

IrishChronicle on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

Sometimes it's fun to pretend that the citizens of Gotham are just humoring Wayne, and they totally know he runs around in tights and "fights crime".

"Mommy, why's that batguy beating that poor hobo up?"
    "Have you ever heard of Don Quixote, Billy? That's Mister Wayne, and he's what we call 'batshit loco' Can you say 'batshit loco'?."
    "'Bahshi lobo!"
    "Close enough."

Kaosu Reido on

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Jordyn, could you eventually do "Mean Seasons"? It's my favorite TNBA episode, and we never got a Timm commentary on it. You're the next best thing.

I think I probably could. Seriously, once school's out, I could myself doing these like..every other day, if not more.

The more good responses I get, the more I'll do them. And I'll start a request list as well.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    see, the one you have to do next is If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?

because the riddler's awesome, guys.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Shoe, maybe I will do a Riddler double feature just for you.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I can't wait for the Divided we Fall one.

Also, can we get a "Joker's Favor" commentary? I love that episode, especially the music.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I don't want to make it sound like this is suddenly Jordyn's responsibility or anything, but as long as we're mentioning episodes, another good one would be Harle's origin story.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Don't worry about it, Speedy. I want to do these, especially if you guys are enjoying them! I'll put that episode on my to do list. But no one's allowed to get on my case if I don't get to their suggestion immediately. Sometimes being clever takes time.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Holy groping Batman!

59.jpg

akajaybay on
  • Options
    BogdanichBogdanich Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'd like to see your take on The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy. The Bat-reveal in that episode is at least on par with Almost Got 'im

Bogdanich on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I vote for 'Rebirth', Batman Beyond's series premiere. Good hour-long story and shows that the old '(blank)... BUT IN THE FUTURE!' gimmick can work if done properlly.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Keep it up Jordyn, these reviews are awesome. I'd like to suggest a future review of the first Clockwork King episode from the old Batman series, sadly I can't remember the title. Something clock related no doubt.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Owenashi wrote:
    I vote for 'Rebirth', Batman Beyond's series premiere. Good hour-long story and shows that the old '(blank)... BUT IN THE FUTURE!' gimmick can work if done properlly.

I think it was that episode that made me realize it was connected to TAS, and made me realize that they were creating this amazing animated universe.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    The next review will be going up sometime tonight. I think I need to get a paid photobucket account before too long. So many damn pictures.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    All right folks! Time for another Justice League episode. This time it's "In Blackest Night," a fantastical story focusing mainly on our Green Lantern friend, John Stewart. Did you guys know that the Superman:TAS episode with Kyle Rayner was called "In Brightest Day?" Because, well, it was. Amazing!

In this episode, GL is accused of blowing up a planet, Ajuris 5. He has to go stand trial on Ajuris 4, with this crazy prosecutor, voiced by Kurtwood Smith who you may remember from That 70's Show.

Kurtwood-Smith.jpg

And these wierd floaty head judges.

floatyjudges.jpg

So at the beginning it seems they are holding a hearing to determine probable cause and then gave the Manhunters are warrant to go arrest them. This is like a criminal justice class. Let's all memorize case law! Miranda v. AZ! Yeah. Hmm.

They send 3 Manhunters to arrest John but they are so rudely interrupted by Flash, Hawkgirl, and J'onn. They pretty much end up getting their asses kicked by the Manhunters, at which point Superman shows up and they are still getting their asses kicked. Then, oh man, a big green wall!

greenwall.jpg

Who could it be!?

oh-my-god-who-is-it.jpgIts-GL.jpg

OH MY GOD IT'S GREEN LANTERN! They do that trick a few times in the show, where they set it up like it's a big shock that so-and-so shows up, but seriously, I knew he was coming.

As he awaits his trial, we see the Guardians back on Oa having their fun little Lanternside chats. One of them says, "I don't need to tell you how much we've gained because of the Corps's diversity, but sometimes it forces us to make sacrifices."...what does that mean? It seriously sounds like he's talking about black people or something. He's talking about uh...people who aren't blue. Racist little punkasses.

This episode is the first time we get to see other members of the GLC. Now, I grew up watching Batman and Superman but I never got into comics because of them. After Justice League started, I still didn't read them. Then, after season 1 ended, there was this HUGE gap of time before season 2, and I found a trade of the comics based off the show (Justice League Adventures). So I bought it, and later bought Tower of Babel, and started reading JLA which was right in the middle of Trial by Fire and the whole Fernus thing. My point is that when the GLC showed up, I had no idea who any of them were. So...Framling and I made up names for them.

GreenLanternCorps.jpg

Let's see, there's Zorro Fox, Eggplant, Cueball, Chicken Fish, and...Kilowog. I liked Kilowog right off the bat, so he didn't get a silly name. Since then I've learned their real names, but I still call Tomar Re by the name Chicken Fish, because hahaha, Chicken Fish.

Speaking of Kilowog, did you guys know he was voiced by Dennis Haysbert? He's on 24, but I know him better as the All State guy.

dennis_haysbert.jpg

All-State-Insurance.jpg

Ya damn right I'm in good hands! Giant green hastily photoshopped ones!

I liked Kilowog because he wasn't all up for fighting Hawkgirl, just catching Cueball.

Gallius-flying.jpgCatchingGalius.jpg

And then he went and testified on John's behalf, even though that dumb prosecutor got all up in his face. Stupid prosecutor, why don't you roll shit into a giant ball and let Kilowog be? Be awesome, that is.

buggingkilowog.jpg

So the League shows up to help GL. And J'onn does something to this guy, but I have no idea what.

hesreallysad.jpg

Does he make him really sad or something? It's kind of unsettling.

Supes melts his way through this giant dome, leaving a huge hole.

wemeltedyourdome.jpg

About this time, we go to the second half of the episode. And beforehand we get a "previously on Justice League..." thing, and this one bugs the hell out of me. Every other one, they only use the audio that had been recorded in the last episode. But this time...there's this extra little bit of Kanjar Ro saying "his aim was off...way off" and dear god, it is so annoying.

Now it's time for Flash to be GL's lawyer. This is one of the first moments that got me really loving Flash. See, he was funny as a lawyer with all his filibustering, but the other thing was that he wasn't going to sit back and watch GL go down the tubes even though GL was ready to let it happen. And even though it would mean him getting executed too.

The Guardians show up at the trial too. Really this episode is great for looking at all kinds of weird aliens. I'm particularly fond of this one:

undercoveralien.jpg

Is he undercover or something? I love it, he's the best.

As Flash pretends to know anything about the law, Supes and J'onn go to the moon of the blown up planet and find that, hey, something's fuckin' up. So they go back to the trial.

They patched that big hole in the wall.

wejustfixedthat.jpg

But, J'onn and Superman fly right through it again.

webrokeitagain.jpg

Yes, the Justice League: Ain't Got Time for Doors and their Shit.

Then we get the big "oh man the planet was there the whole damn time" moment. Apparently no one on Ajuris 4 has friends on Ajuris 5 who might've tried to call and then they would've been like "dude, I thought your planet was blown up" and the other guy would've said "no man, shits fine over here."

Turns out, it was a huge Manhunter plot! Oh fuck they're going to Oa. J'onn's putting his hand through parts of dudes again.

Jonnshand.jpg

Also, I love how whenever we're fighting a group of aliens, if there's only 3 of them, they are a total pain in the ass. However if there's a lot of them, then 3 will be really easy to kill. This should be in some sort of handbook or something.

Then that one Manhunter goes into the main power battery and it's up to John to say the oath really enthusiastically which stops him. Phil Lamarr said he'd been looking forward to saying that oath and was so excited he got to do it. Well, good job Phil.

GLoath.jpg

And we get a nice big grin from Flash. Thanks Flash.

Flashsgrin.jpg

They fly off in a bubble.

flyingaway.jpg

"Does anyone remember where we parked the Javelin?"

Next time:

Fram is going out of town for the weekend and he is my source of screenshots at the moment, so there won't be much until late Sunday, early Monday. However, while he's gone I still intend to write a bunch and then I'll have a few pretty much done. The next JL one will be The Enemy Below, and I'm working on Perchance to Dream from Batman. And for Shoe's whiny ass, I'm working on a Riddler Double Feature.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Hahaha.

"They ain't got time for doors and their shit"

I want that on a shirt with Superman and J'onn flying through something.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I love how Kilowog looks so pensive and worried when confronted by the robot prosecutor. Those dangerous minorities always trying to hide something

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I always thought Kilowog looked terrible in the Diniverse. Bad enough the dude's got a face like some kind of Lovecraftian nightmare's vagina, but then he gets saddled with a chest that's huge even by Timm standards, and tiny legs that are all kinds of out of proportion with it.

Munch on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Ah yes, nothing like superheros breaking through shit for no real reason, other than to be jerks.

That was a preaty good episode, I was grinning from ear to ear when the Oath was recited.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    I'm thinking of getting the lantern with the oath around it as a tattoo. Or just the lantern. I really like it.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Get Rot Lop Fan's oath.

I love that oath.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Get Rot Lop Fan's oath.

I love that oath.

For those who dont know.....

Rotlopfan.jpg

In loudest din or hush profound
    My ears hear evil's slightest sound
    Let those who toll out evil's knell
    Beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    edited May 2006
    That oath is like..fuckin' artistic. The word choices are so precise, and unusual. I can't even explain how much I love that oath. Seriously you guys, this isn't healthy.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg