As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC: Unchained] Beheading is now free to all!

13»

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Only for their melee attacks.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    Anyone ever play a Dark Templar? Seems like an interesting character class. I tend to enjoy playing off-tanks.

Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Dark Templar is FAR from an off-tank, that would be closer to the Conqueror. Dark Templar's and Guardian's make the best direct tanks overall, with Guardian's being more for single target and Dark Templar work well for AoE.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    Just a heads up, the new mini-expansion is coming out on Sept. 8th (Aug. 31st for the early access buyers). I think it's like $10-$15, looks cool so far on Testlive. Better yet, I think the combo changes are coming too!

Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I already bought mine, with the free 50. :D

Kinda sad though because I got a 6month sub like a week before they came out with the packs, and if I had gotten the purple pack, I could have gotten it, the free 50, and 6months of sub. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    I don't think the purple pack is 6 months. Probably like 2 or 3.

Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    Finally got around to investing sometime in this game, and I'm really enjoying it so far. Made an HoX on Wiccana, though I feel incredibly squishy for a melee class at times I like the kind of unusual melee/caster hybrid thing they have going for them.

• ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    I was likewise finally able to devote a little time to the game. Being a fan of Howard's work, it has a nice vibe to it. I appreciate even the little touches in terms of dialog. The combat, as a barbarian, is satisfying--even if the fatalities have a tendency to look goofy as the weapon and body are often disconnected in the animation. The zones are nice though and are full of nooks and crannies for an explorer like me to inspect.

The public channels are a sewer, however, and after departing Tortage I stopped seeing more than one or two people per hour. While I enjoy the capacity to solo, I can't find a group even if I wanted to.

All in all, I'm happy I gave it a shot. There's a lot to like here, but I'm not quite sold on it yet.

Yeah, first thing I always do when I reroll is remove global chat and stick it in another tab, lol. Sadly, that's what happens in PvP oriented MMOs.

Don't be put off by the lack of groups. Join a good guild, they're likely to have toons around your level. When you get to 80, a whole other game begins!

Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed