As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

UPDATE : Moving to a new home!

124»

• Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    What wit! What putz! :D

Black Ice on
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Corvus wrote:
    Framling wrote:
    I'm definitely in take-as-long-as-you-need-to-alpha camp, but I think it's funny how BM basically asked what was causing the delay and was threatened with a banning.

Why do we have this thread if we're not supposed to wonder what's going on?

I think its the complaining about the situation, rather than asking what is going on that set pheezer off.

Well, I guess it can kind of be construed as complaining, but I mean, the main thing that pops out is that he was questioning what exactly is going on with the whole process, which I can't blame.

I personally have no problem with the "you get what you pay for" sentiment amongst the modship, and if Alpha had said nothing between the forum outage and now, I would totally understand why they'd be angry. But it's a little silly to yell at forumers for questioning what's going on, when we've had promises and details go awry multiple times now.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    TxdoHawk wrote:
    But it's a little silly to yell at forumers for questioning what's going on, when we've had promises and details go awry multiple times now.
    Alpha will have that shield down, we've got to give him more time!

Shit happens, and aside from a small time-frame each week to get things going, alpha does indeed have more to attend to than just the forum. He's done a great job in his time here and many of us know he'll get it done.

There's an attitude being conveyed when people complain about the errors and such, kind of like a "If the forums aren't working I have nothing to do and you're to blame" kind of attitude. That's not good.

Henroid on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    This is all part of Alpha's plan.

See, he's been spot on with every fix up till now, and we're used to it. If he let's this fix slide a bit, then we won't expect his usual exceptional work on future fixes.

It's genius, I tell ya!

SeñorAmor on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    It would still be nice if he came on here every now and then and just say whats going on.

Azrael on
  • PokerPoker Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    I'm guessing he's busy with finals like a good number of the rest of us college kids. I know I'd be more worried about my grades then fixing the forums if I was him.

Poker on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Poker wrote:
    I'm guessing he's busy with finals like a good number of the rest of us college kids. I know I'd be more worried about my grades then fixing the forums if I was him.
    Well now we know who needs their priorities straightened out.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So, everyone else is noticing that the forums have suddenly become nigh-unuseable, right?

Thanatos on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Nope, it's just you.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    What was that? They were down for like, 3 hours.

rayofash on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Geek, don't be an asshole in here.

Who's to say there was not some kind of anomaly that prevented some but not all from getting ot the site? I could get to the site, but it was extremely slow, with loading times over 35 seconds at points.

DouglasDanger on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    I think pointing out the sites problems is being more of an asshole

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Lews_TherinLews_Therin Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:

I wish I still had the picture of every post on the board being made by you.

Lews_Therin on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:

but... but... it was an accident.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:

but... but... it was an accident.

slung.gif

Edit: As for the site being down, I just want to know what happaned. I know there was a raid recently, was the site DDoSed? Or was it just hardware failure? I'm not critisizing.

rayofash on
  • Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    id be willing to pay a membership fee if i got a search function back and i didnt have to deal with the 500 errors

$10 or w/e, ill pay it

edit: oh and the old load times back. Now, every page that is longer than 8 posts hangs up in the middle of the page, and then 3-5 seconds later it loads the rest of it, didnt used to happen.

Gotcha Force on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    edit: oh and the old load times back. Now, every page that is longer than 8 posts hangs up in the middle of the page, and then 3-5 seconds later it loads the rest of it, didnt used to happen.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    korodullin wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices that.
    Same thing that makes IE double-load pages, I think.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    wheeeee

BiggNife on
  • DaySleeperDaySleeper regular
    edited May 2006
    Good going, Alpha! Thankee, sir.

DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • GiantRoboGiantRobo Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Wheeeee, it's like whiskey and speed.

GiantRobo on
  • JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So...anyone else still getting 500 errors at least 9 out of 10 times they try to read a thread or post a message?

JWFokker on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Yeah, but it's apparently something different causing the error. Hopefully it won't be a persistent problem like the bad bit of RAM.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg