As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Deader than the Tomb Kings.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Yes it is. While it's pretty welcome for Tier 3, in the lower tiers it means the gap is even wider. Bolster does not compensate for the larger gap in skills, gear, mastery points and renown rank. I fought two Witch Hunters, one near my level and one near the Tier 2 cap. Night and Day difference: I stomped the first one and was murdered relentlessly by the second. Both were 26, and that second Witch Hunter just hit much MUCH harder and had way more options than the other.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There are some positive changes, such as the total absence of NPCs now in RvR situations.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    I really wish that the game I played last was the game that they released. If that was the starting point things could have been great.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    dbl post

8->

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    I played the brief beta session for WOH tonight.

I think there's a NDA, so I'll just say that this has potential.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I even CHECKED to see if my post went through, and it still double posted.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    I hate that avatar so much.

However WoH is like scenario-only WAR?

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Damn stupid double post lag.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    god damnit, why are play-dates for WoH always when I'm at work? Got a beta invite, havn't had a chance to use it yet.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    I'm kinda miffed I haven't gotten an invite for WoH yet for all the money I've pumped into WAR since release.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Tyberius wrote:
    scenario-only WAR?

Welp I'm hard now.

• Options
    Oats wrote:
    Tyberius wrote:
    scenario-only WAR?

Welp I'm hard now.

3-way scenario war

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    If you are currently subbed to WAR (even the 14 resub trial you get every 90 days) and sign up for the beta using the same EA account, you're in.

Everything is a bit barebones now. There are some major features still not switched on yet, so I'm trying to reserve judgement. But don't expect it to just be WAR's scenarios as a standalone game. It's a bit different.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Ooh, I think I've got a 14 day resub somewhere. Thanks.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Think of it as WAR's scenarios with more MOBA-style characters (only no in-game leveling and you can switch character in-game). Very few skills that are mostly cooldown-restricted.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    WoH has a lot of potential. My only fear is it becomes somehow gear intensive or to pay win with whatever they do with their shop. Otherwise ... damn its just a blast. Not sure what NDA is on it so thats where I'll keep it. 3 teams really helps for sure though.

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Double post.

Nyht on
  • Options
    There is no gear. The game does have tactics but they're locked right now. Their shop system looks like it'll mirror LoL and HoN: X free heroes that rotate each week, and probably armor and shit that you can buy just for the sake of looks.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    So in other news, is the actual Warhammer MMO getting any love? Or have the devs just called it quits on supporting the big name project they were touting up for so long?

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Archonex wrote:
    So in other news, is the actual Warhammer MMO getting any love? Or have the devs just called it quits on supporting the big name project they were touting up for so long?

WAR doesn't really have a development team anymore. Its been run by a skeleton crew for awhile now. From what I understand, a ton of people at Mythic were let go while those with promise were moved over to a new division at BioWare.

The whole build up to Skaven play ended with a really disappointing little slice of content. I would not expect any significant changes to WAR even if WoH somehow ends up taking off.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    The new thread title totally needs ", only /special" attached to the end of it. IMO.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote:
    Archonex wrote:

WAR doesn't really have a development team anymore. Its been run by a skeleton crew for awhile now. From what I understand, a ton of people at Mythic were let go while those with promise were moved over to a new division at BioWare.

The whole build up to Skaven play ended with a really disappointing little slice of content. I would not expect any significant changes to WAR even if WoH somehow ends up taking off.

They're adding forts back in and working on some new appearance armor, but really does seems like maintenance. Although that's not a bad thing. Some new changes and bug fixes ARE being done.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    kraz007kraz007 Registered User regular
    I could see it going free to play in a few years. Shame, the pvp was really fun.

It was a TON of fun back when the game first started. I tried all the classes and WAR's tanks, rogues, and sorceresses were very engaging.

However, once I was moved servers twice (downsizing) and our guild practically disbanded, I quit.

Riftforge: a free online RPG with fantasy tactics!

468.png

Blogs: Endless Space - galaxy seeds | Diablo 3 duels
  • Options
    They actually have a new patch on the test servers right now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Huh, so they do. The keep changes sound interesting, especially with the "Successful Defenses." If the defenders manage to kill a ram, they get a Heroic Defender buff that gives them
    Movement speed increase, incoming damage reduction, high resistance to incoming critical, increased chance of outgoing critical, and finally increased morale and AP gain.

Resource carriers that make it to the keep also give a heal to the doors.

Heh, I like the shift in scenarios too.
    Tier 1:
    * Nordenwatch
    * Mourkain Temple
    * Gates of Ekrund
    Tier 2:
    * Nordenwatch
    * Mourkain Temple
    * Gates of Ekrund
    Tier 3:
    * Nordenwatch
    * Mourkain Temple
    * Gates of Ekrund
    * Reikland Factory
    Tier 4:
    * Nordenwatch
    * Mourkain Temple
    * Tor Anroc
    * Temple of Isha
    * Khaine's Embrace
    * Howling Gorge

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Tor Anroc still existing makes it bad.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Tor Anroc was the best time I ever had in WAR. The taste of terrible players' tears as they boiled alive sustained me.

• Options
    Besides being terribly boring (Team X has the artifact and just camps at spawn), anything that radically alters shit generally doesn't end well. Turning tanks into super dps is just ass design. And I play a Black Orc.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Blorcing it up in TA was the greatest. KB's for everyone!

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    I think Tor Anroc would've been better if you had to keep the artifact within a certain radius of the spawn point. Other than that, it was fantastic. Blorcing it up was my favorite time in an MMO. Then they changed the self-heal yell...:C

• Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    WHY!?

Toothy on
  • Options
    Loads more beta invites going out for Wrath of Heroes.

My opinion is growing more positive.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Got in some WoH time before work and I'll have to agree with Raz that this definitely has potential.

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Is this game free to play yet? I miss my witch elf in scenarios and pvp but I don't miss it enough to pay for a month :(

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I played a bit of WoH last weekend as well, and I had fun with it. Some characters aren't all that interesting at the moment, but some have neat mechanics that make them fun to play.
    Neli wrote:
    Is this game free to play yet? I miss my witch elf in scenarios and pvp but I don't miss it enough to pay for a month :(

Nope.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Why isn't this game F2P? Honestly, why not? Last I heard, they had a single "active" server, that can't be more profitable than the F2P model.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Neli wrote:

Im in the same boat. The game was fun, but its so dead right now it isnt worth the fee. If it was free and they charged for a few items, i'd probably give them a few coins here and there like i did DDO. But the monthly fee just locks everyone out.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    There is the endless trial thing going on which makes the arguably best part of WAR free.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Edit: What the hell triple post!?

Tyberius on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Edit: Double post.

Tyberius on