As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Skin codes work twice, share the love!

19596979899101»

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    but... you get caitlyn for free with the code

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote:
    I had a bunch of Riot points left over so I just spent $5 and picked up Caitlyn

Her default skin is kind of dumb

but in the PC Gamer skin it looks like her gun is just a solid block of wood with a barrel and a clip jammed in there and it bothers me

so it all works out

But...

If you had the PCG Skin code, you didn't have to buy Cait. You enter the code, you get her for free.

Yeah but I'd have to spend $8 on a magazine

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    PC Gamer's article say we should be playing Dominion around the time we read that issue, so I guess Dominion is this week?

YL9WnCY.png
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    PC Gamer's article say we should be playing Dominion around the time we read that issue, so I guess Dominion is this week?

That's the general thought. Dominion with the Riven patch.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Dominion will be fun

but I have played like 1500 games of Summoner's Rift

so I doubt I'll abandon it entirely

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I want in the Crystal Scar already. let me in let me in let me in

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I wonder how Riven will translate over to Dominion. All that mobility.

• CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    I bet Udyr will be strong in Dominion because Udyr is amazing.

Dancing Bagel
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    again: if you haven't seen the PC Gamer on stands yet, it is because it is supposed to go on stands September 13th, two days from now

stores putting them up are the ones who put them up as soon as they get them, you are far more likely to find success looking on Tuesday

liEt3nH.png
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    My money is on every team having either a global or nigh-global ability to stop people taking the turret at, for example, top, when everyone is at bottom.

That's basically Lux, Ezrael, Pantheon, Twisted Fate, Gangplank, Ashe.

Couple that with anyone who's a good duellist.

• BigminimusBigminimus Registered User regular
    Aww its only the US mag :(, UK pc gamer doesn't have the code. Do the codes work once in each region, if so could someone share the love and give me one, I will be eternally grateful.

Apparently this code is US or maybe NA only. I guess the skin isn't even in the EU client?

YL9WnCY.png
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    Oh hey Garen is only 1350 IP now? Might have to pick him up, had more fun than expected with him during free week.

• zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Dunxco wrote:
    My money is on every team having either a global or nigh-global ability to stop people taking the turret at, for example, top, when everyone is at bottom.

Ezreal will naturally be OP because dominion is a circle. Nobody will need a map.

the code only works on the US servers

liEt3nH.png
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    I'm guessing assassins in general will be more prevalent in Dominion, and tanks less required.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    nvm

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    :(

jerk

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    They love necro posting.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I think you'll still see tanks do well, but it won't always be in the traditional "initiation and soak damage" methods people are used to. A really durable Amumu punching you in the face is going to make it super hard to capture a point, and by the time you can kill him his team can show up.

liEt3nH.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also being able to defend a point means giving your turret more time to attack.

Basically by being tanky sitting on a point you'll be doing damage by proxy.

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote:
    Dunxco wrote:

Ezreal will naturally be OP because dominion is a circle. Nobody will need a map.

I bet Nasus will be UP because he won't be able to Q farm =(

edited September 2011
    I think you'll still see tanks do well, but it won't always be in the traditional "initiation and soak damage" methods people are used to. A really durable Amumu punching you in the face is going to make it super hard to capture a point, and by the time you can kill him his team can show up.

Vlad will be best caster.

Also, uh, new thread time?

zerg rush on
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    zerg rush wrote:

Vlad will be best caster.

Also, uh, new thread time?

Is there a reason why we still need to start new threads at 100 pages? I always figured that was a technical issue with the old forums and wonder if it still applies here.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Resetting the thread makes it easier for new people to join the conversation, etc etc.

• exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I feel like the OP could use some more newbie-friendly info. Like which champs are good for x, why wards are important, what jungling is and when/how you can do it, dragon/baron/buff control and all that jazz. There just seem to be a lot of similar questions when new people start up.
    That said, I am not volunteering to help with any of this ;)

exis on
    Huh, Shen might actually get buffed this patch. Some of the rioters hint at it in their twitter accounts.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    no dude they buffed it already so he could carry don't you remember

obF2Wuw.png
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Maybe they could make Ki Strike actually deal damage.

no dude they buffed it already so he could carry don't you remember

Well yeah, I run around with 4 warmogs, an atma, and a triforce and just beastmode through the enemy team.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I am working on an OP with some newbie-friendly stuff.

Going to just get rid of the retail edition shit, because it just pretty much doesn't exist in any affordable form for the most part.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    I want to fucking hurt whoever in the world gave birth to the "Surrenders gives less IP" urban legend.

Is there a reason why we still need to start new threads at 100 pages? I always figured that was a technical issue with the old forums and wonder if it still applies here.

I think the technical issue was solved a while ago on the old threads. Mostly it's so you don't turn threads into huge dens where people don't want to visit. It helps keep new blood flowing into discussions.

Ironically, the forum changed over from 25 pages default to 40, which means that max size threads are 60% longer than before already.

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    ip is based on time in game
    so surrendering several minutes before you would lose does give you more ip

• Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    I surrender after our nexus explodes though

League of Legends: Studio
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    I had a bunch of Riot points left over so I just spent $5 and picked up Caitlyn

Her default skin is kind of dumb

but in the PC Gamer skin it looks like her gun is just a solid block of wood with a barrel and a clip jammed in there and it bothers me

so it all works out

well that's basically what a mosin-nagant looks like, and she is basically SOVIET CAITLYN
    0001.jpg

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    unless i really need first win or its ranked or something i vote yes on every surrender vote

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    nidalee will be #1 dominion champ. see a dude capping a place? pounce over throw javalins

New thread

Feel free to make corrections.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Story time: To vent my ranked frustration, I decided to do a very special normal where I would try to do a thing known as "DUNKMASTER YI", just to see if it was that good.

I... kind of bungled that up.

3iiQ9.jpg

Basically before I started my DUNK items I had already taken down both of my lane towers thanks to an Alistar of competence and a laning AP strategy. All this, in under 10 minutes.

It was fucking surreal.

This discussion has been closed.