As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Registration 2012 East

adamsadventureadamsadventure Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in PAX Archive
Ok, so im very excited for PAX 2012 East in boston from april 6-8! But i looked on the website and for the registration form for PAX it says the registration cannot be done online, so how do i register?

adamsadventure on

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    PAX East online registration will start in about a month. You can't register before then.

E6LkoFK.png

• adamsadventureadamsadventure Registered User regular
    Oh ok, thank you very much, i wasnt sure if it was already filled like 7months early ! Hah

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Last year it wasn't filled till about 2 weeks before hand.

Im thinking itll be filled faster by a little since the numbers are increasing fairly rapidly

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Im thinking itll be filled faster by a little since the numbers are increasing fairly rapidly

i agree; last year's pax east got a ton of local press because it was so big, so there's likely to be even more interest this year.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    Yep, and im pretty sure it went from like 50k one year to 70k the next which is HUGE!

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    That jump was actually because of the increase in space, as both PAX East 2010 and 2011 sold out. The BCEC is a much more massive space than the Hynes.

E6LkoFK.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    That jump was actually because of the increase in space, as both PAX East 2010 and 2011 sold out. The BCEC is a much more massive space than the /Galactica/.

fixed ;)

So are you saying numbers or ticket rates sold wont increase?

They absolutely could increase. The fact still remains that they won't go on sale until close to october, and they *likely* won't sell out faster than prime (3 days sold out in around a month for prime). So you can probably get ahold of them anytime in October. This is, of course, speculation... but it's educated and carefully thought out speculation.

If you want to be 100% sure, check the registration website obsessively every day.

I think they will increase the number of tickets available for East. There were unused portions of the convention center and I think the building fire code supports a 30k people per day.

zerzhul wrote:
    They absolutely could increase. The fact still remains that they won't go on sale until close to october, and they *likely* won't sell out faster than prime (3 days sold out in around a month for prime). So you can probably get ahold of them anytime in October. This is, of course, speculation... but it's educated and carefully thought out speculation.

i think a significant part of why prime sells so fast is just because registration opens much closer to the actual event. there's less of a rush on east badges because a lot of people aren't really thinking about it yet 7 months out.
    zerzhul wrote:
    If you want to be 100% sure, check the registration website obsessively every day.

that's not obsessive!

7YIpfE5.png
    tvethiopia wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

i think a significant part of why prime sells so fast is just because registration opens much closer to the actual event. there's less of a rush on east badges because a lot of people aren't really thinking about it yet 7 months out.
    zerzhul wrote:

that's not obsessive!

Except last year it was just slightly over 6 months between prime and east and slightly under 6 months between east and prime, so I'm not sure the time holds much weight. I think that Prime, being a more mature convention, has more people obsessively checking to register ;)

zerzhul wrote:
    tvethiopia wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

zerzhul wrote:

that's not obsessive!

Except last year it was just slightly over 6 months between prime and east and slightly under 6 months between east and prime, so I'm not sure the time holds much weight. I think that Prime, being a more mature convention, has more people obsessively checking to register ;)

that's weird, i guess it's not that much of difference, but it seemed huge when i first looked at the dates. maybe because summer seems to fly by but waiting all winter for pax east seems to last forever!

7YIpfE5.png
  • avsfan590avsfan590 Registered User regular
    i am pretty much checking the PAX east 2012 site for updates every day cause as soon as the tickets go on sale i want to buy one!

avsfan590 wrote:
    i am pretty much checking the PAX east 2012 site for updates every day cause as soon as the tickets go on sale i want to buy one!
    Same here aha

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Geez, I thought I was the only one. I have the Pax East site as my home page, the Pax East hotel page as a quick link, Pax twitter feed on the front page of my phone, and the Pax twitter feed as a sidebar gadget on Windows Vista. I definetly intend on getting a 3 day pass and a room at the Westin as quickly as possible, hehehe.

jdixon1972 wrote:
    Geez, I thought I was the only one. I have the Pax East site as my home page, the Pax East hotel page as a quick link, Pax twitter feed on the front page of my phone, and the Pax twitter feed as a sidebar gadget on Windows Vista. I definetly intend on getting a 3 day pass and a room at the Westin as quickly as possible, hehehe.

wow, pax east site as your home page, that's a good one. i've just been checking periodically throughout the day (every day). i don't expect badges to run out too fast, but hotels will go up soon after registration and THAT will be competitive. i think this year only the most diligent (and crazy) paxers will be getting the coveted westin rooms.

7YIpfE5.png
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    Odds are we will not launch registration until the veeeeeeeeerry end of October.

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    heels wrote:
    Odds are we will not launch registration until the veeeeeeeeerry end of October.

why so late? it was late september last year. although, as much as i hate waiting, my birthday is october 28th so if registration is around then i can probably convince someone else to pay for my badge as a birthday present!

7YIpfE5.png
    edited September 2011
    Westin rooms are coveted, but there are tricks to get good hotel rooms even late. Hell I got a room about a 1.5 miles away a month out for 70 bucks a night. Mostly because the Penny Arcade Hotel finder service was incomplete.

zepherin on
    Thats good to know, what hotel?

edited September 2011
    Hilton, financial district. Actually most of the financial district was excluded from PA's list of hotels, even though there was a close proximity to the convention center.

zepherin on
  • BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Booked my hotel room back in july for 2012, now I am just waiting on ticket sales.

• CrooklynMayoKMjrCrooklynMayoKMjr Community Manager, XboxHounds.com Boston, MARegistered User new member
    Waiting on tickets sales too. I already in Boston so I'm really hoping to go this year!!