As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii at PAX? Dare we hope for Halo 3?

FTVFTV Registered User regular
edited August 2006 in PAX Archive
Too early to tell if Nintendo will bring the Wii to PAX? I'd say since it was at E3 that if Nintendo comes to PAX at all they'll bring it. What I wonder about is if Bungie will destroy PAX'06 by bringing Halo 3 with'em. They had Halo 2 at PAX'04 and that was a huge hit. I just hope that if they are planning to bring Halo 3 that they make it a surprise. Otherwise PAX will probably get crushed under the weight of a million plus ravenous Halo fans.

FTV on

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I just want SSBB to be there... Thats all I ask for...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I would love them both. But Halo 3 more.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Halo 3 isn't going to come out until late next year. I'm sure that it's not going to be playable in any form that they are willing to show off for something as small as PAX anyway.
    eelektrik wrote:

SSBB isn't coming out until 2007 either. :P It's highly unlikely that either SSBB or Halo 3 would be shown off THIS YEAR since they are still pretty far away.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Never underestimate the lengths of awesome to which Nintendo will go to please the faithful.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    Halo 3 isn't going to come out until late next year. I'm sure that it's not going to be playable in any form that they are willing to show off for something as small as PAX anyway.
    eelektrik wrote:

SSBB isn't coming out until 2007 either. :P It's highly unlikely that either SSBB or Halo 3 would be shown off THIS YEAR since they are still pretty far away.
    SSBB is certainly further ahead in development than Halo 3 so I wouldn't say for sure it won't be there. Just don't expect to be able to play it before any magazines do.

FTV on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Nintendo had a spectacular presence at the last PAX. Microsoft had almost none, just a table to recruit testers.

If Nintendo comes back, which is probably likely, I'm sure they'd bring Wii.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:

Well, they had Twilight Princess playable there last year, and thats not coming out till fall of this year, granted that was because of a delay. Or hell, Dungeon Siege 2, Jade Empire, and Forza Motorsport were playable at Microsoft's booth in 2004 and didnt get released till 2005. They did say SSBB was supposed to be Early 2007, if Nintendo has a booth, I dont see why it couldnt be there.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Well, if SSBB is playable there it'll be nearly impossible to prevent a tournament from breaking out. I better start imagining how I'll win with Pit.

FTV on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    apotheos wrote:
    Nintendo had a spectacular presence at the last PAX. Microsoft had almost none, just a table to recruit testers.

If Nintendo comes back, which is probably likely, I'm sure they'd bring Wii.

Are you going to be making it again?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I would imagine that microsoft would have a little more of a presence than that this year because they are a sponsor. But I don't know seeing as this is my first PAX.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    FTV wrote:
    GeeCee wrote:
    eelektrik wrote:

SSBB is certainly further ahead in development than Halo 3 so I wouldn't say for sure it won't be there. Just don't expect to be able to play it before any magazines do.

Bungie has said they started Halo 3 right after finishing 2. SSB:Brawl wasn't started until October 2005, almost an entire year later.

If Bungie hasn't revealed anything else on Halo 3 by the time PAX comes around, i'm willing to be it wouldn't show up.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2006
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

The Wii, maybe.

Legacy on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2006
    Very likely there will be Wii demos at Pax.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wii make an appearance in the Omegathon.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited May 2006
    hmm.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    EskoEsko Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    yet another mysterious Khoo post to make us all doubt what we're sure will happen.... :lol::lol:

Esko on
    Esko.jpg
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I'm not saying he likes to mess with your head, but well........he does.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

I don't see why not. Bungie has already said that they are playing multiplayer with it and a single level so they are already pretty far into it. Also microsoft is a sponsor and Bungie is only a couple of miles away....

Or I'm just a hopeless Halo fanatic.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Relativiox wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

I don't see why not. Bungie has already said that they are playing multiplayer with it and a single level so they are already pretty far into it. Also microsoft is a sponsor and Bungie is only a couple of miles away....

Or I'm just a hopeless Halo fanatic.

Yeah, and we all saw where playing nothing but multiplayer got them with Halo 2 :roll:. Of course, I'm a storywhore, so I guess my disappointment was not shared by the development team.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    hmm.

i need to become big and important so i can do stuff like this and screw with people's heads. i mean come on khoo, why do you torture me so? :evil:

Nephirij on
  • Options
    flatrabbitflatrabbit King of Toast That place, over there.Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    hmm.

i need to become big and important so i can do stuff like this and screw with people's heads. i mean come on khoo, why do you torture me so? :evil:
    It's one of his true joys in life.

flatrabbit on
    --"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    TobiTobi Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Whoever mentioned Microsoft's pathetic showcase at the last PAX...

Straight from Trixie's mouth (Xbox.com writer), apparently Microsoft will have an impressive showing this year. She was 'embarassed' by last years...table.

Heheh...she rocks.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/trixie/

Tobi on
    PMS clan + My 1UP profile + Myspace +

GT(s): sagaciouz (Xbox 360), Annarchy (Halo 2)
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Tobi wrote:

Straight from Trixie's mouth (Xbox.com writer), apparently Microsoft will have an impressive showing this year. She was 'embarassed' by last years...table.

Heheh...she rocks.

uhh.. quote?

GeeCee on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    GeeCee wrote:
    Tobi wrote:

Heheh...she rocks.

uhh.. quote?

The quote is Tobi's word that Trixie said it.

Legacy on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.
    Halo 2 was at PAX04, so there's no reason to believe 3 won't be at PAX06.

Azio on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Azio wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

Halo 2 was playable at E304.

Halo 3 was announced at E306.

Legacy on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Azio wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

They were using the E304 build of halo2 at pax04.

Bungie cant pull a playable build of halo3 out of their ass in 3 months :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm pretty sure most everything that is shown at PAX is only there if it's been at E3 that year in the months prior.

Polago on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    PolaGo wrote:
    I'm pretty sure most everything that is shown at PAX is only there if it's been at E3 that year in the months prior.

Other than last year, with Metroid Prime Hunters' Single Player demo, I believe...

Legacy on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Azio wrote:
    Legacy wrote:
    Halo 3 won't be at PAX.

True. But who cares, really. Wii > Halo 3 by several orders of magnitude.

Azio on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    BigRed wrote:

[quote=http://bungie.com/News/TopStory.aspx?link=updatemay192k6]Paul Bertone, one of our lead designers, let us play something that blew our minds. That was single player, and from a mission very early in the game. And one that takes place before the events seen in the E3 trailer, but Lars, one of the new(er) multiplayer designers, has a regular multiplayer test in session now - that happens every day - and with surprisingly polished-looking graphics, although I'm told a lot of the textures and decorator objects are just placeholder at the moment. Could have fooled me.[/quote]

They've already got playable builds, they just didn't show them at E3.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    duderdude2duderdude2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    PolaGo wrote:
    Other than last year, with Metroid Prime Hunters' Single Player demo, I believe...

The PAX demo was an updated demo over the E3 one, which was pretty cool.

And I really hope Nintendo sponsors PAX this year. I was able to try the Wii a few weeks ago, and I'm itching to play it again!

duderdude2 on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Relativiox wrote:
    BigRed wrote:

[quote=http://bungie.com/News/TopStory.aspx?link=updatemay192k6]Paul Bertone, one of our lead designers, let us play something that blew our minds. That was single player, and from a mission very early in the game. And one that takes place before the events seen in the E3 trailer, but Lars, one of the new(er) multiplayer designers, has a regular multiplayer test in session now - that happens every day - and with surprisingly polished-looking graphics, although I'm told a lot of the textures and decorator objects are just placeholder at the moment. Could have fooled me.

They've already got playable builds, they just didn't show them at E3.[/quote]

Yes. They have a 'playable' build of it. They've probably had one for a bit.

But I severly doubt it's ready for the public.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Halo 3? Not gunna happen.

Wii? Very, very likely.

Thread over.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    hmm.

Nintendo is not listed as a sponsor. How big of a showing should we expect at pax 06? How much ft space do they have reserved? if its alot? then a good chance, its not alot then---

:/

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I agree. To me it doesn't look like nintendo will make much of an appearance. But I'm no expert seeing as I've never been to PAX before.

As for Halo 3, It's probably just my own wishful thinking, but I think it could be there.

New info: I just found this so [quote=http://www.xe360.com/article/Halo_3/3450.html]Well no, I didn’t actually hear about it until a MS PR guy told me about it, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Well a funny thing about that, we showed them and flew around in the trailer in real time, we were able to show how light reflects off the space-tether, you could see the expanse of the Forerunner construct and how it goes out for miles, something people don’t know is we had the option to let the press play some multiplayer.[/quote]

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Relativiox wrote:
    I agree. To me it doesn't look like nintendo will make much of an appearance. But I'm no expert seeing as I've never been to PAX before.

They were one of the last ones to confirm that they were going to be at PAX last year, so there's still hope...but only Khoo knows for sure...

Legacy on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    Relativiox wrote:

They were one of the last ones to confirm that they were going to be at PAX last year, so there's still hope...but only Khoo knows for sure...

I had forgotten they didn't confirm last year until late. I really want to see the WII and the WII remote but my fear is it's too close to launch date for them.
    I thought microsoft would show better last year and I was wrong. I'm hoping nintendo shows up with the WII this year.

I'd be disappointed if it doesn't happen but I would understand (after multiple profane words of disappointment were shouted)

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I hope the Wii will be there.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Nintendo had Twilight Princess in playable form last year. That alone is enough to make me think they'll have the Wii there.

Doc on