As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oogle Your Gs

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    okay good I know who to ignore then

0BnD8l3.gif
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    (it was gary)

ducklett.gif
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    adding people.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    ian.png

ian2.png

ian3.png

ian4.png

ducklett.gif
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Yes, he looks like satan.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SkySky Registered User regular
    I have a Google+ account.

• WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    So I've spent about...a month or so, dicking around with the +games. Having never really had facebook, I "missed out" on the whole farmville bullshit, so I was always curious to see why these things were attracting so much press.
    Wow. I can see why real gamers hate these things. If I had the capability 10+ years ago to *not* spend my entire summer doing the KOTR materia quest, and instead just buy the orb for $10 in June? I would have done it in a heartbeat. But these things take it to the max fucking level and let you spend Real Bucks to complete *any* objective that is giving you the smallest of annoyance of difficulty.
    Even that would be entirely fine if it was still optional. Some nerds just have money to burn. But these things are designed with the idea that you *have* to buy something in order to make the game playable. Reaching level 10 in these is more akin to Lvl10 in say...AD&D than any current rpg.
    And the bullshit "social" aspect is the thing that gets me the most
    "Hey, be my neighbor in City Of Wonder!"
    "Okay, do we team up or anything?"
    "No! We never even see each other, and have no real-time interaction whatsoever! But here, have a pitance amount of our version of money."

WeX Majors on
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    quit playing games for girls

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    wait, AD&D isn't a "real" rpg?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Apparently I didn't play real RPGs back in high school.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Welp, my bad. I meant to say "current" rpgs and then went and insulted nerds and Past Self. Post was edited so as to not have my past self attempt to kick my own ass.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Anytime I think of AD&D I think of Thac0 and how weird it was.

• BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Thac0 is the timecube of Dungeons and Dragons.

You were educated stupid.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    As of today, you don't need an invite to get into Google+

also!
    - You can now join Hangouts from your mobile device if you have a front-facing camera
    - Hangouts now support Livestream-like broadcasting that anyone can watch
    - Hangouts also support iSketch-like group drawing, along with document sharing

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I check my G+ feed like once a week and there's usually like, one new post at most

the post is usually by a tumbleweed, blowing through

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I know, isn't it great

0BnD8l3.gif
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    wow, I was definitely drunk last time I was in this thread. So how 'bout that G+ still a ghost town for everyone else?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I really really tried to get people to migrate over to G+ from facebook so I could delete my fb account

didn't work even a little bit

most of my G+ friends are SE++ kids

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I've got a good chunk of SE++ folks in my circles and there's usually a handful of new posts per day.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I wonder what it's like for the G+ team, to work so hard on a really decent product that just can't gain traction

like, at this point I would think they're all dusting off their resumes and sending them out

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Google+ supposedly has 10 million users

but Facebook has 750 million

it's like an MMO trying to take on WoW

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I basically only use Google+ for hangouts right now

I mean, I check it and read what other people post, but I always post stuff to Facebook and I feel like a douche posting the same thing on two different places

• animal companionanimal companion xenomortis Registered User regular
    okay I just got google+ and I need to add all of the social entropy

I want a reason to check this regularly

I want to stab facebook

especially with its new set of changes

VdxNI.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    All my Facebook friends have been complaining about the new changes but I haven't seen them yet on mine

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ok yeah add me i am on this

put it in your sig doof

Scudo wrote: »
    I wonder what it's like for the G+ team, to work so hard on a really decent product that just can't gain traction

like, at this point I would think they're all dusting off their resumes and sending them out

Bullshit. It just went public. No reasonable person expected G+ to become a leading social interface overnight. It'll take some time, but if it does succeed there will be a tipping point where it will suddenly gain a great deal of traction very quickly. Plenty of people are already on G+, many of them just aren't using it much because many of their friends are still using FB. All it will take is for enough people to shift over to using G+ primarily and then people will stop complaining about how dead it is because generally for social apps, people are sheep. I don't mean that as an insult, but it's funny that people are complaining that G+ is dead when they themselves aren't using it. If you like G+, use it more and more people will start to use it more also.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Scudo wrote: »

Bullshit. It just went public. No reasonable person expected G+ to become a leading social interface overnight. It'll take some time, but if it does succeed there will be a tipping point where it will suddenly gain a great deal of traction very quickly. Plenty of people are already on G+, many of them just aren't using it much because many of their friends are still using FB. All it will take is for enough people to shift over to using G+ primarily and then people will stop complaining about how dead it is because generally for social apps, people are sheep. I don't mean that as an insult, but it's funny that people are complaining that G+ is dead when they themselves aren't using it. If you like G+, use it more and more people will start to use it more also.

And with Facebook's recent "improvements" its about to get a whole lot busier.

t9migZb.jpg
    Google+ supposedly has 10 million users

but Facebook has 750 million

it's like an MMO trying to take on WoW

this isn't really a good analogy

mmos have a time/financial investment that prohibits playing more than one

and the time investment doesn't transfer to a second game, so you lose years of time, as opposed to the hour or so it might take even a luddite to transfer all their pictures/etc to google+

as more and more people have both, people might self-select to google+ because it's perceived as the more exclusive thing

ok i think i fucked it up but my profile is in my sig

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    G FONT

ikbUJdU.jpg
    tis fixed

what's with it taking 5 minutes to load the profile page

and 504 bad gateway every other time i load se++

299316_10150287664546331_665961330_8236386_2009046017_n.jpg

seems legit

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    The latest Facebook update has really screwed up my homepage, both in Chrome and IE

Guess there's cache clearing to do

And I find it completely unsurprising that FB and G+ both have a similar kind of home bar with your account name on it now- parallel development or stealing off each other, you decide

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited September 2011
    Beasteh wrote: »

seems legit

so you're still on myspace?
    or are you so indy you don't use any social apps?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I feel like I should tweet more, but i k ow all I'd tweet about are dumb tv shows that no one cares about and it would just be the worlds saddest twitter stream, screaming about nothing in the digital ether like a hobo in the subway

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    I feel like I should tweet more, but i k ow all I'd tweet about are dumb tv shows that no one cares about and it would just be the worlds saddest twitter stream, screaming about nothing in the digital ether like a hobo in the subway

that's what majority of twitter is :P

I tweet bout w/e I want
    Do longer posts on G+

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I have never tweeted anything.

I did retweet once, but that's only because enemy forces wushed my squadwon

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

seems legit

I think he's making light of the stupid overeaction on facebook to the new interface.

And I like it. But seriously, facebook just rolls this shit out with no warning or am I not getting the newsletter?

Karl wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:

seems legit

I think he's making light of the stupid overeaction on facebook to the new interface.

And I like it. But seriously, facebook just rolls this shit out with no warning or am I not getting the newsletter?

Yeah, and I'm making fun of all the people that are acting like they're above it all while complaining about all the people complaining about facebook.

belruelotterav-1.jpg