As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Eh R. Mika.

EH.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Dragkonias wrote:
    I won't mind Zangief being in the game if his partner really is R. Mika.

This is hyping me so much that I hate that the R.Mika leak is probably fake. I heart R.Mika but I can't fathom Capcom actually bringing her back after so long.

Even though they SHOULD.

She's one of those characters that Ono has gone on about on twitter forever though, right? Her, Karin, Poison, and Rolento, and she's not much more left-field than the two of those we have so far

though I guess if Zangief is getting paired with Rufus and Fuerte and Alex are background material, she's running out of partners that make sense

Also, rufuuuuuuus.gif

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    The only thing that makes me sad about the leaked roster being called into doubt is the fact it had Juri on it rather than, say, Viper. Granted I'm like, the one person who liked her in SF4 I guess.

You must never have been into a Street fighter 4 thread.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    What? I think I'm the only Juri rep left in the SF thread.

What happened to chaoshat?

He died.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Baka_Shade wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    I won't mind Zangief being in the game if his partner really is R. Mika.

This is hyping me so much that I hate that the R.Mika leak is probably fake. I heart R.Mika but I can't fathom Capcom actually bringing her back after so long.

Even though they SHOULD.

She's one of those characters that Ono has gone on about on twitter forever, though right? Her, Karin, Poison, and Rolento, and she's not much more left-field than the two of those we have so far

though I guess if Zangief is getting paired with Rufus and Fuerte and Alex are background material, she's running out of partners that make sense

Also, rufuuuuuuus.gif

There are so many thigns that could be done with that gif.

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    You must never have been into a Street fighter 4 thread.

Not since SSF4, no. I'm terrible at SF4 in every sense of the word, it's why I was kinda hoping Juri would pop up in this one since on the surface it at least appears to be more like the kind of fighter I'm used to playing.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    He died. plays Starcraft now.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    need a full gameplay video of rolento asap

that super looks fantastic

• Red or AliveRed or Alive Registered User regular
    I haven't played much (read: any) Tekken 6, but this Bob fellow seems pretty chill.

So all the characters' art had that shadow version added behind them. I'm calling it, it's the devil gene and that's what the second bar they added is for

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    OP updated. New trailer added, new character pics. Also, dat Rufus gif.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Rolento looks just like Bison in those pics.

As tired as the shtick has gotten at this point, looks like lupinko is hinting SFxT stuff now, and I'm always a sucker for that
    lupinko wrote:

Some other stuff on there, but those ones are actually pretty straightforward. There was also a line about "dress-up" that I guess he deleted

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    http://shoryuken.com/2011/09/13/sfxt-sacrifice-your-partner-to-power-up-4-player-mode-online-training-mode/
    iPlayWinner is reporting from an unnamed source that a few new gameplay details about Street Fighter X Tekken have been revealed. First up is “Pandora Mode”, in which you can sacrifice your tag team partner for a short but powerful boost in strength.
    Two new game modes are also listed. The first is Scramble Mode, in which four player control each of the four individual characters separately, online or offline. Next is the Briefing Room, which is an online training mode that lets you practice with other players.
    Stay tuned for more info as it comes in.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    Would be cool if they imported every character from SSF4, i mean, it looks like they are using a the same engine.

I just want my Blanka :(

No you don't, no one should ever want Blanka in anything.

Online training mode sounds cool, Pandora soudns liek teh comeback factor, Scramble mode sounds fun.

edited September 2011
    And some videos and pics here

I saw a bunch of people guess the sacrifice mechanic actually, but didn't see it coming at all, wow

e: I wonder if you can use Pandora-factor when you're playing 4 player. Sounds like a good way to get punched if you're playing in person :P

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    hadoken wrote:
    Would be cool if they imported every character from SSF4, i mean, it looks like they are using a the same engine.

I just want my Blanka :(

I'm actually kind of hoping the reverse and that Hugo gets added to SF4 as DLC or something. Though that wouldn't happen for a long time (if ever) since it would take away a reason for non-Tekken fans to get this game.

They couldn't import all the SF4 characters into this anyways, since each would need a Tekken counterpart and once you add in the new characters you end up with a roster of over 80 characters which pretty much wouldn't happen (even if they somehow could get away with only minor tweaking to the SF4 characters, all the Tekken characters would still pretty much have to be built from the ground up for 2D play, plus then you'd have to playtest all of those characters to see how many of them have infinites on T.Hawk).

As a related tangent, is it true that Ono tweeted that Juri won't be appearing in future games due to her having a bad reception in Korea when asked about her potential for appearing in this game?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Juri's an awesome character, but I can get why Korea wouldn't approve much of her.

Come on Karin!

wVEsyIc.png
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote:
    He died. plays Starcraft League of Legends now.

wAgWt.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I guess it was a little too much to hope that this game wouldn't have a comeback mechanic too.

Comeback mechanics are sort of necessary for mainstream it seems. It means that even if you suck you can potentially win. It keeps people playing even if they aren't that good because every once and a while they still win.

• H*RH*R Registered User regular
    Seth Killian on Pandora:

And re: SFxT Pandora mode, it's def not a simple comeback mechanic, more like an unholy highstakes gamble. I will break it down soon.

Interesting. Maybe it's sort of like Xfactor, but it costs you your teammate for the boost. So If you don't kill while Pandora is up, you coudl really be in for a world of hurt. Looking forward to his breakdown.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
    Well, it's not like it matters too much whether or not you have a partner. You get KO'd as soon as one of them goes down it seems.

Maybe the boost is more effective the more health your partner has though?

Yeah, we'll see what it ends up being but if you're sacrificing a partner I can imagine the effect is substantial. It needs to be worth using.

• Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Even though my hype for this game has been steadily dying, I'd be all over 2v2 tourneys. Godamn doa!

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Page- wrote:
    Even though my hype for this game has been steadily dying, I'd be all over 2v2 tourneys. Godamn doa!

Does the 360 have 4 controller inputs?

The PS3 only has 2 USB, so a 4v4 local with all wired sticks would be impossible.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    You would need a usb hub, but it can be done.

Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
    edited September 2011
    Old 360s has 2 ports in front and 1 in the back, new 360s have like 4 in the back and 2 in the front. You can also just use any old USB hub.

edit:3 in the back and 2 in the front on thew new 360.

FuriousJodo on
  • T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Page- wrote:

Does the 360 have 4 controller inputs?

The PS3 only has 2 USB, so a 4v4 local with all wired sticks would be impossible.
    Depends on the PS3 model, I have a phat 80gig (MGS4 bundle) and it has 4 USB ports in the front. And yeah, USB hub.

• Chadzilla1983Chadzilla1983 Registered User regular
    After playing this at PAX, I am having a hard time waiting!!!

XBOX Live GT: Chadzilla1983
    Yeah it was quite enjoyable, it's still so far away. :\

• Chadzilla1983Chadzilla1983 Registered User regular
    Yea I know..... *cries*

XBOX Live GT: Chadzilla1983
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Yeah, we'll see what it ends up being but if you're sacrificing a partner I can imagine the effect is substantial. It needs to be worth using.

I think the best way to implement it would be that the strength of the move is directly proportional to how much health your buddy has left.

So if you sacrifice them when they're at full health you get a huge boost, but if you wait until the last minute it's just a minor stimpack.

• hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Juri's an awesome character, but I can get why Korea wouldn't approve much of her.

Come on Karin!

They can just change her nationality, problem solved.

Also, Blanka haters are silly geese. He is an integral member of whatever fighting roster he is in, and would be a great contribution to any 2v2 tag team.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    hadoken wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:

Come on Karin!

They can just change her nationality, problem solved.

Also, Blanka haters are silly geese. He is an integral member of whatever fighting roster he is in, and would be a great contribution to any 2v2 tag team.

Imagine: Jimmy and Dan on a team.

so awesome.