As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome, Delicious [Phalla] Day 10: Imperial March, Village Victory!

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Critical Failures
Welcome, Delicious Friend, to Echo Bazaar!

EePzf.jpg

In 1859, London fell. It was not razed by armies or dashed by weather - it was sold, for an unspoken price. When it fell, it became the fifth city to rest in the 'Neath, a cavern of impossible size, by the Unterzee, a tremendous saltwater lake. They say it's the skull of some defunct pagan god. That doesn't sound very likely, although it would help explain the dreams. In the heart of the city, a fantastic Bazaar has risen, where you can buy anything you can imagine - and sell even more. The Masters of the Bazaar, and by that virtue of the entire city, control all the various comings and goings of their jewel in the dark.

It is now 1889, thirty years later, and people have learned to cope with living in an eternally dark city. Business, and of course life, has reached a new state of normal. Lately, however, there have been rumblings from the depths of the cavern, beneath the four earlier layers of the Neath. Rumblings turned to rumors of men or creatures or worse, and rumors turned into the reality of an army springing up from the depths of the forgotten cities below. The remaining citizens of the Second City, which was called Babylon before it fell, have come to reclaim the top of the Neath, and to overthrow the Masters who trod them under, many years before.

Wait, What is This? What’s a Phalla?

Hello! This is a Main Phalla, and you would do well, if you do not already know them, to read these general rules. (Also check out this thread)

Phalla is Penny Arcade’s version of the party game Mafia. Its basic summation is that it is a game about lying and finding out liars. The majority of the group is tasked with finding and eliminating a hidden minority, via the democratic process of a lynch mob. The hidden minority is trying to dwindle the village down to the point where they either equal or outnumber them. This game will be a little more complicated, as it involves factions beyond a mafia and village, but if you haven’t played before, you should not feel intimidated by this.

First, the main thing you should know is that in a phalla, you are required to vote for someone that you think is in the mafia. Every night, vote in !Red for somebody you suspect of being a Second City Army Member. Please !Retract if you decide to vote for someone else.

All standard and accepted rules apply.

- No screen caps or direct quotes to prove anything.
- Dead must stay Dead and not give any game information once informed of their status
- One Ghost Post
- Two Posts and a Vote per Day, Minimum. Inactives will be sent to the Tomb Colonies after two nights of inactivity
- Clarifications can be asked for in Orange, though I make no promises whether or not I will answer them the way you want me to.
- Please do not use the “add to this conversation” feature in pms. If you are talking to someone and want to include someone else, please just make a new PM. Also, if you have a network going, please just make a proboard and invite me. This will be a large game, and the more consolidated the communication lines, the better.
- On that note, please do add me to your pms. This isn’t a hard and fast rule, but it helps me if I know everything that is going on for narrations’ sake.
- Do not contact someone anonymously. People should always know which player they are dealing with.
- Do not post in any language other than English, or in any sort of code.

Fallen London?

Yes, this is a main faction phalla based on the Echo Bazaar browser game. If you haven’t heard of it, it is a really well written cthulu/humor game that you should check out! But in any case, Fallen London will be the backdrop to what will hopefully be a fun experience for everyone. Game knowledge is not necessary to play, and while it will hopefully be fun to see characters you are familiar with, it will not aid you if you do play the game.

This is my first hosting of a game, but I have worked extensively in order to make sure that it is not a complete fuck up. I can’t promise a perfect game, but I can promise that I will do my best to make sure everyone has a good time. So, first and foremost, here is a partial list of the denizens of Fallen London. Please keep in mind that this is not a complete list.

yWE8W.png
The Village in this game are the Citizens of Fallen London. They may range from the highest point of society to its lowest dregs. They may not even be, strictly speaking, human. Hell does have an Embassy here, after all. But whatever their form, they are committed to not being ousted from their home by the Second City’s army. Their Victory Condition is to eliminate all threats to their dim city.

ZLZuW.png
The Mafia in this game is the Army of Babylon, more recently referred to as the Second City. They have waited, and they have multiplied, and they have grown tired of sitting down in the dark underneath the...’Neath. They would much prefer sitting in the dark at the top of the ‘Neath, which, in their mind, is a more appealing piece of real estate. Their Victory condition is the same as every mafia, which is to outnumber the village in order to control the vote. The mafia are all unique roles that I have created, however they have also been given cover identities, so please do not attempt a roll call.

There are several other factions comprised of people from Fallen London who have other, darker interests at heart. What they want for the village, few could say.

pVLQS.png
The Masters of the Bazaar are inscrutable men/creatures/entities that maintain the everyday goings on of the city. They are in control, and that is the way that they like it. But they are also playing at higher games than the rabble of the crowd, and there are always deals that could be made, in the black heart of the Bazaar.

PWlw2.png
The Revolutionaries used to be normal citizens. They used to go along with the Masters and bow beneath their goads. But no more! They have seen the light! They are not sheep to be herded! They are goats! Well, something more violent than a sheep, in any case. Rams, maybe. Animal Husbandry aside, they are looking to break the yoke of those who would oppress them.

PLEASE GO TO THE DAY 0 NARRATION FOR THE REST OF THE OP

Location Guide

Day 0 Narration
Day 1 Narration
Day 2 Narration
Day 3 Narration
Day 4 Narration
Day 5 "Narration"
Day 6 Narration
[Day 7 Narration
Day 8 Narration
Day 9 Narration
End Narration

Langly on

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Begin the thwarting!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Oh I say, good show!

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I haven't phalla'ed in a while but Langly is cool so I'll play.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    where do i sign

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    There are no "attack like abilities" or "heal like abilities"? :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    !aww yeah

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    To hell! (and hopefully back again)

Retaba on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    !Woop woop

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    !Memento Mori

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    !Yes yes yes

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    !My first Phalla! Tally ho!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular

Fresh blood! !Signup

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Rule #1: you can always trust me. If I happen to have embedded the blade of an axe within your neck, it's all part of the plan.
    :twisted:

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Rule #1 is actually: Always trust and listen to kime

Don't forget!

Steam profile
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    !langly phalla

• Options
    oh kime <3

Steam
  • Options
    When are you changing your av back anyway? :P

Steam
  • Options
    you can't change avatars right now, it's broken.

• Options
    Oh boo, well the Dr isn't bad for now I guess.

Steam
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    langly phallas blow
    kidding <3

• Options
    Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    !Signup

Langly's shilling in the cyoa thread won me over. Who can say no to a ninja with a gun?

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Langly is a crafty genius.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    !Signup

I feel somewhat rubbery

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    SignupAlmost passed this up as I go on vacation on the 22nd, figured I could get some good phalling in before then though

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Awesomeness... This has got a neverwhere Vibe..

Signup!

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    !SignMeUp I guess

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    We'll see how I get the hang of this, expect lots of people to die while I figure out what i can dooooo

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    New blood? Delicious

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Looks like fun! Reserve.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    3 pm EST is actually the best possible time for the vote to close, since that's 4:30 pm my local time and that's right after my classes are over. Advantage!

• Options
    Usual questions: thralls, miller, conversions? Can we trust the people we're masoned with, etc

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit did you even read the op

I wrote it just for you
    There are no thralls or conversions in this game, as far as it concerns trusting your mason group or seered confirms. There are no sort of vlads or naive or paranoid seers. If you successfully seer someone, the revelation will match the method described in your role pm.

• Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    !Signup

tech_hunter on
    Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    !Signing up, in green, I guess?
    I hope you're not including Mr Eaten in this.

• Options
    Langly wrote:
    Spoit did you even read the op

I wrote it just for you
    There are no thralls or conversions in this game, as far as it concerns trusting your mason group or seered confirms. There are no sort of vlads or naive or paranoid seers. If you successfully seer someone, the revelation will match the method described in your role pm.
    Missed it! :mrgreen:

So huh, no clarification about millers....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Several new people, yeyyyyy

Corrupt corrupt corrupt

Steam profile
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    This looks delightfully convoluted and confusing!

!signup

• Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I don't want to stop the Babylonian menace, I just want to fight it!