As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Shes the woman that vampies thousands of years old go to when they get fucked up. Shes hardcore in whatever it is she does.

Also I am guessing/hoping/assuming pam is "ok" now and the spell is "reversed" because the source is gone and "at peace".

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    All the other spells ended, no reason to assume Pam's stuck around

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

Except the other spells were explicitly ended by an outside factor (Sookie vs. memory wipe, Jesus vs. sunfire wall). Pam's condition seems like a rather important character-affecting situation that deserves explicit resolution.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Except the other spells were explicitly ended by an outside factor (Sookie vs. memory wipe, Jesus vs. sunfire wall). Pam's condition seems like a rather important character-affecting situation that deserves explicit resolution.

Ha. You think the writers are paying that much attention.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote:

Ha. You think the writers are paying that much attention.

The writers take a lot of liberties, but they don't actually miss too much.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    They totally missed blowing Tara's entire head off, though. So it's iffy.

There are so many dead bodies (some headless!) and piles of Bloody Goo lying around the town. I guess no one gives a shit anymore.

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    That place must be a CSI's worst nightmare: "Oh, yeah, this whole room is glowing under your black light when you sprayed it, good luck!"

steam_sig.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Always wondered if people in the show call 911 to get rid of the bodies or if the gators around Bon Temps are just extremely well fed.

steam_sig.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    TNTrooper wrote:
    Always wondered if people in the show call 911 to get rid of the bodies or if the gators around Bon Temps are just extremely well fed.

"Oh hi Tom. Yeah just dropping another corpse off at the swap.... You too?"
    "Yeah Marty, mayor's taxman was really pissing me off."
    "Yeap, well.... See ya tomorrow."

KoopahTroopah on
  • JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Hoz wrote:
    It just looks stupid when she's on top of a guy and she has one hand covering her breasts.

That's totally how normal people have sex, Hoz. Totally.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Wuheyyy, forgot I made this OP. Been seeing some posters and preview videos for Season 5. Time to get some PA hype going.

I'll spruce up the OP and write a season synopsis when I get some time.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I wonder how they're going to
    revive Tara. Fairy power? Vampire blood? Turns out it was just a flesh wound? Or will she really die and become a ghost?
    I hope they do that with Jesus. Lafayette needs a ghost partner.

Invisible on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    revive Tara. Fairy power? Vampire blood? Turns out it was just a flesh wound? Or will she really die and become a ghost?
    Tara can stay dead and be written off the show for all I care

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    They take such a long break that I've honestly forgotten everything that happened last season.

have they done one of those recap videos and released it yet?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Invisible wrote: »
    Tara can stay dead and be written off the show for all I care

One can hope. But we all know that it'll never happen.
    Even if they can't keep her character or storylines straight. They should have developed her girlfriend more instead just using her for a twist! she's a lesbian now scene.

Here's a pretty good Season 4 finale recap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stuqr65gPTU

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    They take such a long break that I've honestly forgotten everything that happened last season.

have they done one of those recap videos and released it yet?

I'm in the same boat, my thoughts turned to things like The Wire, Game of Thrones, and Boardwalk Empire. I've forgotten the more intricate details about last season except Jessica and LOL-witches.

steam_sig.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Thanks for that!

are YOU on the beer list?
    Tara's girlfriend should just become a regular. I liked her.

Hey, wait a minute.
    Is Joss Whedon involved here? This is the second time in TV history that a lesbian named Tara has been gunned down accidentally when she gets in the way of a grudge.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Christopher Meloni (Det. Stabler from L&O:SVU) is going to be some super-powerful Vampire this season. I liked him on L&O, so I'm looking forward to that.

TheCanMan on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Is the show ending when Alan Ball leaves for Banshee?

edited May 2012

Banshee as in X-men Banshee?

250px-Banshee_Costume.jpg

Yeah thanks for that finale recap, tons of unanswered questions going on. I wonder if we'll get to see the "authority" yet as a character/group of characters.

KoopahTroopah on

If only :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series)
    Banshee is an upcoming drama television series executive produced by Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler and Peter Macdissi and written by Tropper and Schickler. [1] The series is set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish Country and features an enigmatic ex-con/martial arts expert posing as a murdered sheriff who imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests. It will air on HBO owned Cinemax and is produced by Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. Banshee is part of Cinemax's attempt to expand its original programming content, it will join Strike Back (co-produced with BSkyB), a television version of The Transporter film series, and Steve Kronish's Sandbox.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited May 2012
    skeldare wrote: »

If only :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee_(TV_series)
    Banshee is an upcoming drama television series executive produced by Alan Ball, Jonathan Tropper, David Schickler and Peter Macdissi and written by Tropper and Schickler. [1] The series is set in a small town in Pennsylvania Amish Country and features an enigmatic ex-con/martial arts expert posing as a murdered sheriff who imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests. It will air on HBO owned Cinemax and is produced by Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. Banshee is part of Cinemax's attempt to expand its original programming content, it will join Strike Back (co-produced with BSkyB), a television version of The Transporter film series, and Steve Kronish's Sandbox.

Well, hot damn, my parent's house outside of Philadelphia is close to amish country. I wonder if they filmed on location or if they're faking it.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    We've had damn near everything except zombies. Tara will be a zombie. A zombie who already has a head wound, thus making her immortal.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    We've had damn near everything except zombies. Tara will be a zombie. A zombie who already has a head wound, thus making her immortal.

Now, now. Lets not jump to conclusions. There's still decapitation, acid, explosives, insects of various kinds, fire, outer space/black holes. Whatever it takes.

Yeah thanks for that finale recap, tons of unanswered questions going on. I wonder if we'll get to see the "authority" yet as a character/group of characters.

This is all just an assumption, but...
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Christopher Meloni (Det. Stabler from L&O:SVU) is going to be some super-powerful Vampire this season. I liked him on L&O, so I'm looking forward to that.

The only thing I know about Maloni's character is that he's way stronger than Bill or even Eric, so it'd make sense that he'd be part of the Authority.

edited May 2012
    I try not to get my hopes up. In fact, I'm going the opposite direction. Tara will be a shambling zombie. One that can not talk. All she can do is shamble, cry, and lift her hands just high enough to cover her breasts.

Mid season she'll be decapitated and a witch will giver her the ability to speak again so Sookie can carry her head in her purse and talk to her anytime she wants.

Capt Howdy on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Prediction:
    Sookie will sleep with/fall in love with someone who ends up being supernatural in some way.

Anyone want to bet against me?

That someone will be female.

Xeddicus wrote: »

Instant Emmy.

Instant Emmy.

What if it's Jessica?

edited May 2012

Instant Emmy.

What if it's Jessica?

They'd have to twist in some weird incest threesome between Sookie, Jessica and Jason.

Normally I'd say leave that weird shit in Game of Thrones, ...but hot damn that sounds sexy.

KoopahTroopah on

Instant Emmy.

What if it's Jessica?

They'd have to twist in some weird incest threesome between Sookie, Jessica and Jason.

Normally I'd say leave that weird shit in Game of Thrones, ...but hot damn that sounds sexy.

Well, Jessica is Bill's "daughter"... so that's weird any way you hack it.

Instant Emmy.

What if it's Jessica?
    Instant Emmy Boner.

Instant Emmy.

What if it's Jessica?

Hell, let's go ahead and throw in amnesiac Eric.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Updated the OP a little bit. I read some bit and posted it in the OP that this is Alan's last season as showrunner for True Blood. I wonder if the show will end after this season?

Nah. The show will keep going until HBO or the actors pull the plug.

• MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    I read the synopses for the first 3 episodes that were listed on i09, Tara is coming back.... I literally cheered when she got shot in the head at the end of last season, this news disappoints me.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww? Just let her die.