As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    It sucks that Dan wasn't included in the roster. I was hoping to team him up with Paul Phoenix.
    Team Bankrupt Dojo Owners!

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    there is still hope for makoto

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    hadoken wrote:
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Juri's an awesome character, but I can get why Korea wouldn't approve much of her.

Come on Karin!

They can just change her nationality, problem solved.

Also, Blanka haters are silly geese. He is an integral member of whatever fighting roster he is in, and would be a great contribution to any 2v2 tag team.

Imagine: Jimmy and Dan on a team.

so awesome.

Imagine Blanka never being in anything ever again.

Now that would be so awesome.

wAgWt.jpg
    So Sony owners are getting two cartoon cats and the Infamous 2 guy... where's the love for the XBox owners?

• Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    Hahaha, when I first saw that Toro/Kuro announcement I thought it was for UMvC3, and my whole world turned on its side

Putting them in can only be a good thing, Melty Blood has had a stranglehold on the main-characters-as-cartoon-cats market for too long

kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote:
    So Sony owners are getting two cartoon cats and the Infamous 2 guy... where's the love for the XBox owners?

the cats are just on the vita, and no one cares about generic infamous 2 guy

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    H*R wrote:
    Seth Killian on Pandora:

And re: SFxT Pandora mode, it's def not a simple comeback mechanic, more like an unholy highstakes gamble. I will break it down soon.

Interesting. Maybe it's sort of like Xfactor, but it costs you your teammate for the boost. So If you don't kill while Pandora is up, you coudl really be in for a world of hurt. Looking forward to his breakdown.

Apparently, if you don't win before it runs out, you lose.

wAgWt.jpg
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    That's kind of awesome but it just makes me feel like it will be that much more powerful if it's such a huge sacrifice.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Allows me to only play as Bison (assuming he's in). :). Sacrifice erryday.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote:
    Allows me to only play as Bison (assuming he's in). :). Sacrifice erryday.

Unfortunately, when using Bison it only works on Tuesdays.

• Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Pancake wrote:
    H*R wrote:
    Seth Killian on Pandora:

And re: SFxT Pandora mode, it's def not a simple comeback mechanic, more like an unholy highstakes gamble. I will break it down soon.

Interesting. Maybe it's sort of like Xfactor, but it costs you your teammate for the boost. So If you don't kill while Pandora is up, you coudl really be in for a world of hurt. Looking forward to his breakdown.

Apparently, if you don't win before it runs out, you lose.

I've seen people saying this everywhere, and I have no clue where it started. You can see it wear off for Rolento, Heihachi, and Lili in the trailers with no suggestion that they're about to drop dead.

It would make sense, for sure, I just don't think anyone credible has actually said it

e: scratch that, they're streaming from TGS and it's true, ~7 seconds and you're done

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    SFxT came up on the wednesday night fights stream. They wouldn't discuss it publicly over the stream, but apparently some information has come out about the game that had Ultradavid really unhappy. Apparently, he was really excited for this game after playing it at E3, but now he is no longer excited about it at all.

Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/system.html has all the info on Pandora system. Activate-able under 25% health. Unlimited hypers and EXs. After it runs out, you lose.

Also some hinting at the gem slots that they recently added to the UI.

fss.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Not sure about those gems... my pessimism is flaring.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pandora system sounds pretty awful tbh - I really do not like comeback mechanics like that.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
    Depends on how long Pandora Mode ends up being. The only confirmed affect is "unlimited" meter. But with only one character, how much damage can that really do?

It seems less about making a comeback or evening the odds as it is a last ditch effort. It doesn't appear to be something along the lines of X-Factor Level 3 in Marvel where you just uncontrollably wreck shit.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Ehhh, it's hard to tell at this point. But I wonder what Ultradavid was really unhappy about; makes me curious.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Pandora system sounds pretty awful tbh - I really do not like comeback mechanics like that.

It doesn't really seem like a good comeback mechanic, though. It's being described as more of an option rather than as a comeback.

Especially if you lose immediately after it ends.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote:
    Depends on how long Pandora Mode ends up being. The only confirmed affect is "unlimited" meter. But with only one character, how much damage can that really do?

It seems less about making a comeback or evening the odds as it is a last ditch effort. It doesn't appear to be something along the lines of X-Factor Level 3 in Marvel where you just uncontrollably wreck shit.

Depends on how good the hypers and EXes are.

Though I really wish we can go back to the simple days where bursting is the only "comeback" there is.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:
    Though I really wish we can go back to the simple days where bursting is the only "comeback" there is.

Blazblue and Arcana Heart are standing right over there with their no-combacks other than bursts and your own skill mechanics.
    But really. F' comeback mechanics. I was happy when they mentioned SFvT not having one. Why'd they have to change that?!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    comeback mechanics eviscerate the joy and amazement of a comeback

if you come back from the brink in SF2, you earned that, and you had the skill/persistence/luck to take the other guy down after it looked like you were going to lose.

in MVC3, for example, when a guy has one character left and activates xfactor and beats two or three characters in a row, everyone is sort of unsurprised. it's not really a comeback anymore. it's just a fairly regular event that will occur.

comeback mechanics can suck a lemon.

• AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    Antihippy wrote:

Blazblue and Arcana Heart are standing right over there with their no-combacks other than bursts and your own skill mechanics.
    But really. F' comeback mechanics. I was happy when they mentioned SFvT not having one. Why'd they have to change that?!

Oh I know, trust me. I was just talking about the more "mainstream" fighters.

Does mortal kombat 9 have a comeback mechanic? I can't remember.

10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    The impression I got was that it had to do more with the gems than pandora mode, but I could be wrong.

Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
    There's a new stage which has members of the Mad Gear gang performing a Kabuki play. And then Haggar runs in and starts chasing Sodom around the stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b30DxlSBC74
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpwR4CRJC8

I don't know what the fuck....

• SkabSkab Registered User regular
    So Haggar bursts in through the stairs (end of the the first video) and starts beating everyones ass? Pretty sure that's the best stage ever.

Also, random question: Does Cammy have her tk cannon strikes in this?

steam_sig.png
    Here's a video from IGN with Seth Killian explaining Pandora Mode.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/09/15/street-fighter-x-tekken-pandora-mode-explained

That timer ticks down FAST. I'm not worried about it being "some bullshit comeback mechanic."

Gems still scare me though. What the fuck are those things? Tell me Seth!

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I'm liking the background music in that stage. Round 2 is classic Final Fight music.

Lili must have stupid-low health. She's got a good chunk of health left at the end of Round 1 and 3 and goes down in one solid hit.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Some PSVita video with Cole McGrath gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq4j1_ABPfU

His hands look too big for his design. Also the gameplay seems a bit slower on the Vita...

That's pretty exciting.

wAgWt.jpg
  • hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    I'm praying for T-Hawk or Blanka, otherwise I'll only play this if my housemates pick it up.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So...if those are all Street Fighter people...

Top: Dan, Juri, C. Viper
    Mid: ?, Zangief, Dee Jay
    Bottom: Balrog, Guy, ?(T.Hawk?)

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote:
    So...if those are all Street Fighter people...

Top: Dan, Juri, C. Viper
    Mid: ?, Zangief, Dee Jay
    Bottom: Balrog, Guy, ?(T.Hawk?)

Top is obviously Dan/Juri/Viper
    Bottom looks like Balrog since Abel's already in, then maybe Yun on the lower left? I'd like the shiny blue to be R.Mika but I don't think it's likely. Maybe Kunimitsu or some other flashy character from Tekken.

Middle:Dee-Jay, Wang, Jack-Z (Amalgam of Jack and Zangief.)

• RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    All of those teasers are for Street Fighter.

And Juri, Balrog, and Vega are being teased. Everyone else is a red herring.

Razia on
    blondeshep.jpg
  • H*RH*R Registered User regular
    Skuttlebutt around SRK is that Mika is in one of those videos. Blue sleeve with white ruffle at the end. I don't know which one since I can't watch them at work, but I would love to see Mika in the game. I never really used her, but I just want to see non-SF4 Street Fighter characters in this game.

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
    Got a chance to play this at a recent event in Toronto. I sucked terribly, but mainly because there was so little time to learn or adjust the controls. There wasn't really a line-up to play, as much as it was an understanding of 'winner stays, loser goes' unless the winner also wanted to go check out other stuff.

It was the most recent build, with Lili and Zangief. Gameplay feels pretty much identical to Street Fighter, with the magic series combo being fairly easy to pull off. Poison is pretty fun to play. I really wanted to learn Kuma, but I could only figure out one special move on him (his crouched "hop" attack). No one tried messing with the Pandora effect, probably because no one knew how to do it. This build didn't have gems or whatever showing up beneath the super meter.

I really wish I had gotten more hands-on time with this. The game seemed fun for the brief 4 matches or so I played of it.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    The only thing that can make this day better than it already is: Juri reveal trailer at NYCC. C'mon Capcom!

• T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    So Rufus is confirmed to be in this game:

JP Capcom site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/character.html

He featured in a animated/story trailer so not really a surprise, but as a Rufus fan I'm hyped.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Teasers for the Tekken side are also up on the usual sites.

Filtering out the red herrings (Lars, Mokujin, Devil Jin, Dragunov, Zafina, Alisa), we supposedly have Law, Paul, and Ling Xiaoyu.