As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OMG What to do with this Paper?

BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Graphic Violence
I'm sorry if this isn't close enough to a comic book... but I was wondering if Comic Cards still (or ever) have (had) value. As a teenager I collected comic cards for 3 years... I found them in my closet just recently when moving to a new place... and wasn't sure if these things were worth gold yet... or should be used to whipe my ass.

Thoughts? :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BakerIsBored on

• Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Probably not.
    Depends on the card
    And who you sell it to.
    Like any collectible.
    I myself have an assload of Marvel cards.

Zombot on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looked on eBay.
    Searched for comic cards.
    Not a whole lot for much money.
    You're better off.
    Keeping them.
    Hand them down to future child.
    But hey thats me.

Man you type funny.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey guys.
    Whats up?
    I have a lot of Marvel cards.
    Some of them are pretty shiny.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have a complete set of Marvel Series 1 in a special binder you had to send away for. I have never seen a price for the binder anywhere.

august on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have a literal fuckton of the old Marvel Overpower CCG cards. God was that ever money well wasted :(

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Reigner wrote: »
    I have a literal fuckton of the old Marvel Overpower CCG cards. God was that ever money well wasted :(

The same statement can be said of any CCG. God, I wish I had that money back. :(

Slagmire on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Slagmire wrote: »

The same statement can be said of any CCG. God, I wish I had that money back. :(

I sold some Magic cards to a guy a week ago for about 30 bucks. So some of them retain a bit of value.

Not Overpower though. I bought a box of those for five dollars a few years back, just for the pictures.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mr Pink wrote: »

I sold some Magic cards to a guy a week ago for about 30 bucks. So some of them retain a bit of value.

Not Overpower though. I bought a box of those for five dollars a few years back, just for the pictures.

That is the reason my friends and I started to play overpower. We only ever had enough money to play Magic back in the day, but when we stopped that overpower crashed in popularity. Nothing like starting a CCG and paying $10 canadian for an entire box of boosters for each set.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well damn... I guess I'll have to hold on to these damn things untill we run out of trees... Maybe in the year 2040 when I'm 56 they might be worth a few bucks. I would be so rich if I didn't waste so much money on stupid crap. :lol:

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007

at least you could play a game with them. as opposed to all my marvel/x-men cards, which were more or less just cardboard reference sheets for how sweet a character is. oh, spider-man has an intelligence of *6* but an agility of *7*? stan lee, you've done it again!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I had my fair share of regular do nothing Marvel Cards as well, Marvel Annual, X-men (with the animation cells), and Marvel Metal are still hiding out in my house somewhere.

Overpower however I have a damn boot sized shoebox full of the damn things.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think its from 92’ or 93’.... but I have a few of those holographic comic cards... 1 of them is War Machine, another is Silver Surfer.... I wonder if the Silver Surfer one I have can sell with that new craptastic movie that just came out.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Servo wrote: »

at least you could play a game with them. as opposed to all my marvel/x-men cards, which were more or less just cardboard reference sheets for how sweet a character is. oh, spider-man has an intelligence of *6* but an agility of *7*? stan lee, you've done it again!

:lol:

Haha....ha

Oh man, I collected sooo many of those worthless pieces of crap. I remember the day I got the card(um marvel series number 3?) for the Celestials and was all "OMG, they're unlimited on every stat?!! Surely these truely are the most powerful and awe-inspiring of Marvel's infinitude of cosmic beings."

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I had a complete set of those Marvel X-men cards (I think it was the second edition of x-men cards, or was it the first? It was the early to mid 90's...I think?)

I just stuck them in a photo album and god knows where they are now. Probably a few still lurking in my parents shed.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    All my Marvel knowledge
    Comes from reading
    Cards.

Zombot on
  • Options
    MinkyUrungusMinkyUrungus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe because of the constant "event after event after event, etc" of comics nowadays-with the Big Two, at least- there's too much of a change in status quo to warrant a need of cards for every character. Not to bash any of the events (unless the Amalgam Universe comes back...).

I don't see why more "indie" publishers don't jump on it though. I remember The Maxx having a set that (I'm pretty sure) talked about different scenes from the title as well as characters. Or maybe it was for its cartoon...I don't remember.

MinkyUrungus on
    Just this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]