As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Movie Car Megathread - Now with 100% more S.H.I.E.L.D.

• BoomerjinksBoomerjinks Denver, ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    JoeUser wrote:

Ah, the Chicago Ghostbusters. They are exactly what I try to very hard to not be.
    X4zWm.jpg

Bonus Seattle pic:
    car__s_got_a_lot_of_pickup__by_boomerjinks-d48im3b.jpg

Boomerjinks on
    You tell 'em I'm postin'! And Hell's postin' with me!
    c3hBq.jpg
    Check out Colorado Movie Cars! It's amazing!
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned but will you all be at Dragon*Con during the Saturday parade?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    He won't be because getting to Atlanta from Seattle in less than a week would be ridiculous but FEAR NOT because you'll get to see a few Ectomobiles in attendance including Boomer's step-sister-Ecto the Ecto-1G driven by Chase Ambrose of the Georgia Ghostbusters!

tSTt4.jpg
    PZJB3.jpg
    (current state ^)
    fus5j9.jpg
    It has scissor-doors!

And the Ecto Response Vehicle! (ERV):
    wdPQR.jpg

And even the glorious Ecto-1s driven by one of the Junior Ghostbusters:
    NOMRh.jpg

TankHammer on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Fantasic, thank you.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    I won't be at the parade because I work but I'll be at the Mellow Mushroom on Ralph McGill Blvd downtown sometime after 7pm (likely 7:30ish) with the rest of the guys if you want to stop by wirehead26, or if you want to bring any of the other 25 wireheads with you. Come hang out with some ghostheads.

Do some chuckling at Gareee and how ridiculous his car looks for me, Joe!

c3hBq.jpg
    Which one is he again?

• The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's the Conventionist app creating such a drag on the network, but cell reception right now in Midtown Atlanta is fffffffffffffucked.

They've been working on the AT&T towers recently. If you're on that network you're boned in this city. Just mooch off of wifi where you can. A few places in town have a wandering wifi connection.

• JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Bonus Seattle pic:
    car__s_got_a_lot_of_pickup__by_boomerjinks-d48im3b.jpg

Fuck that bridge forever. Oh wait nevermind, that's the University bridge.

You know what, fuck bridges. There I said it.

(I am sad the Jeep was all roped off at PAX. I wanted to...do things to it with my body.)

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    hey Boomer, 'twas awesome to meet you at PAX!

i was that random dude who very rudely stopped you from leaving Rock Bottom all so i could shake your hand :P. the car is AWESOME.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
    Don't take your bridges for granted. We have like two here in Colorado, and they are so small. Bridges fucking rock, and bridges that TRANSFORM are even better!
    hey Boomer, 'twas awesome to meet you at PAX!

i was that random dude who very rudely stopped you from leaving Rock Bottom all so i could shake your hand :P. the car is AWESOME.

Man, I wish we coulda blown the minds of your friends, but they were lame-o buttheads and didn't want to come out front.

It was great talking to you!

c3hBq.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    The bridge by where I used to work is the Fremont Bridge, which is apparently the most often raised bridge in the world or something.

Usually right when I need to be driving over it...reckin, freckin...

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    We see the Ecto Response Vehicle everyday; it never ceases to make my son scream "Daddy! Its the Ghostbusters Jeep!".

Though I had no idea they were Ghostbusters GA. Just figured it was a dude who liked the Ghostbusters.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Boomer we saw your Ecto-1 at PAX with the lights on Saturday night at PAX but nobody was around

some random people were taking photos with it though!

Another bonus Seattle pic. Shopped to hell, but I guess that's what I get for not shooting RAW.
    ecto_1_in_seattle_space_needle_by_boomerjinks-d497fmz.jpg

Also, this is cute as FUCK
    ecto_2k_classic_poster_by_boomerjinks-d498jwg.jpg

c3hBq.jpg
    edited September 2011
    fuuuuck

Boomerjinks on
    c3hBq.jpg
    Had a chance to do a neat carsplay shoot with a fellow Colorado Movie Cars member during NDK.

kitt_by_boomerjinks-d49z42e.jpg

kitt_4_by_boomerjinks-d49z43p.jpg

kitt_6_by_boomerjinks-d49z447.jpg

A few more here

He has a Firebird replica, too. That's next on my to-do list.

c3hBq.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    hehehe...carsplay

The new Knight Rider show was delightfully hokey.

I think it was actually starting to come into its own when they ditched the giant CIA/FBI/whatever crew and then it was just a small group of people running the show, like how the original Knight Foundation used to be. Then it was cancelled. Not really a big surprise, though.

BLM - ACAB
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    It couldn't have been any more hokey than Team Knight Rider which aired at 3AM

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote:
    It couldn't have been any more hokey than Team Knight Rider which aired at 3AM

No, it certainly wasn't any more hokey than that.

Also, I could have sworn I was the only person to have seen that.

BLM - ACAB
    That is absolutely the most dominant opinion of the show, that it hit it's stride in the second season and then was canned right away.

c3hBq.jpg
    I thought it was a nice touch that they kept Peter Cullen as the voice of KARR.

BLM - ACAB
    edited September 2011
    Last night was a good night.

Colorado Movie Cars hanging at the mc chris show!
    cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_2_by_boomerjinks-d4akqmr.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_4_by_boomerjinks-d4akqny.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_3_by_boomerjinks-d4akqnj.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_13_by_boomerjinks-d4akqs1.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_14_by_boomerjinks-d4akqsb.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_6_by_boomerjinks-d4akqpe.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_17_by_boomerjinks-d4akqti.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_11_by_boomerjinks-d4akqrh.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_9_by_boomerjinks-d4akqqh.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_7_by_boomerjinks-d4akqpn.jpg

cmc_at_mc_chris_and_mc_lars_12_by_boomerjinks-d4akqru.jpg

Boomerjinks on
    c3hBq.jpg
    Man, that Umbrella Corp riot shield is baller!

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    jesus christ that KITT dashboard. no wonder the car had to drive itself

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote:

That entire setup is wired into the car, so the speedo and tach, and EVERYTHING else display correct information from the car. He also has hidden backup cameras that can be viewed through the dual monitors on his right!

c3hBq.jpg
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    You guys need to find someone that made a replica of the Death Machine at the end of Animal House.

Mysst wrote:

That entire setup is wired into the car, so the speedo and tach, and EVERYTHING else display correct information from the car. He also has hidden backup cameras that can be viewed through the dual monitors on his right!

That is wicked awesome.

BLM - ACAB
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    So theres a guy down here In the Eugene area that drives a Jurrasic park Jeep #29. I thought it was yours at first so I had to come running to the thread to check.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited November 2011
    Not mine. I think his is #29?
    Yep, this is the one in Oregon.
    2qECX.jpg

Also PAX RECAP!

Earlier this summer TellTale Games was all like, "Hey we want to use your jeep to promote this Jurassic Park video game at PAX in Seattle."

Last year they used a friends DeLorean at PAX, covering all costs and in addition to paying an amount that I won't disclose here. So I was all like "That sounds terrific! If you provide enclosed, insured shipping both ways, airfare, badges for the con, hotel, and per diem then you've got yourself a deal!"

So they booked transport for my Jeep and we were on our way.

The morning of the pickup I walked aaaaaaall the way around my Jeep and took quite a few picturesof the condition I gave it to them in. Like these:
    pgq89l.jpg

8SkbCl.jpg

Then I was off to meet the enclosed transport! Except the transport showed up and was not enclosed! I could have been a dick and said, "No dice, friends" and not given them the Jeep. But unfortunately I'm not a dick.

The Jeep goes on it's way and I fly out a week later. The Jeep was delivered that morning and signed for by one TellTale's employees, a self-professed "person who doesn't know anything about cars and in fact does not even own a car!"

Here's what I saw during my walkaround.
    9erp1l.jpg

zbc4fl.jpg

DH63dl.jpg

Op4fXl.jpg

gqadPl.jpg

After the walkaround, and before the convention, I talk to the guys at TellTale. I tell them, "Look I could be "that guy" and throw a fit, threatening to take my Jeep out of here tonight unless you cut me a check right now, but I know this is a huge fucking weekend for you guys, that you need to promote your game and you've gone a ton of shit to worry about. So, we can but this on a back burner until the expo is over, but I'd like your word that you'll take care of this immediately afterwards." They were pretty appreciative, and even though I received no per diem or additional badges, I decided to not be a dick about things.

Then the Jeep came home, I didn't hear from TellTale. A week later I reached out to them, and it was a few more days before they got back to me, telling me that I'd have to file a claim with the auto transport company (Advance Car Carrier Corp.). I told them that I did not arrange for the transportation, and that I should not have to be the middleman. They insist that they are not responsible for the damage in any way, and that only the car owner can file a claim.

So I send all my claim information (scanned receipts and delivery invoices, before and after photos) to the car carrier, and they reply with:
    We have completed our assessment of the above loss and have determined that this is not car carrier damage. After carefully reviewing the damage pictures that you have sent to us, we found that all the damages was noted on the Bill of Lading before transporting your vehicle. Also please note that vehicle was inspected in rain and possible that not all the damages were visible. For that reason the box, where it says that vehicle going ASIS was marked.

Enclosed with this letter is a copy of the Bill of Lading signed by "Serge" on August 30, 2011 in where was noted that vehicle had pre-existing damages before transporting from WA to CO.

Now, the damage was done on the way TO Seattle, not FROM. And here's a photo of it "raining" while they loaded up my Jeep. Boy it sure is hard to see stuff with all that rain!

So TellTale hired the sketchiest-possible carrier company, and then one of TellTale's employees(who admitted she doesn't know the first thing about cars) signed the bill of lading upon delivery without inspecting the Jeep for damage, thereby releasing the car carrier from responsibility.

I'm disputing their decision, but I have the sinking feeling that I am going to be one of those cases that is just ignored until I go away. Bullshit man.

I guess my lesson is "next time get stuff in writing and be a big dick."

Boomerjinks on
    c3hBq.jpg
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    I met up with the transport near my work, I was a little dismayed to see that the transport was not covered, but if I didn't let them take it then we would not be able to arrange proper transport to get to Seattle in time.

The following Thursday I flew out to Seattle arrived at the convention center to make sure the Jeep had made it. The Jeep had arrived earlier in the day, and a member of TellTale signed for it when taking the delivery. Unfortunately, the trip to Seattle was quite catastrophic and my paint job was toast. Here's what I saw during my walkaround.
    9erp1l.jpg

zbc4fl.jpg

DH63dl.jpg

Op4fXl.jpg

gqadPl.jpg
    Hardly ideal:(

So are they doing anything to make it right? Or are they just playing some "You should be happy we even deigned to talk to you in the first place" card?

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Insufficient PostageInsufficient Postage Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Aw man, that fucking sucks Boomer. I hope they make it right. I was super excited for Jurassic Park: The Game, but if they don't pay for a new paintjob, I don't think I'm going to buy it as much as it pains me to say it. It sounds like the shipping was insured, just not enclosed, so maybe you'll be able to get it repaired with that.

Also, my friend in Colorado saw your jeep in Denver and sent me a pic. She was unfortunately unsurprised when I told her that I knew all about it.

Anyway, keep being awesome, I hope you get the paint fixed for free. I guess it might be time to get it repainted the screen accurate '93 Sahara champagne?

Insufficient Postage on
    They'd best pay you back for the damage. I'd be content to boycott the game no-matter how much I'd like to see all the elaborate death animations.

Thanks guys, it means a lot. My biggest disappointment is in thinking that the company would be at least appreciative enough to go, "You know what, this is really unfortunate, thanks for not being a huge ass, we're going to make it right."

Some things are a bit too much to ask for. I'm certainly hesitant about buying their games now, too.

c3hBq.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wow that's really shitty

• FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    So wait, they're not doing anything? I mean, I was gonna buy BtoF, maybe this, but if they're screwing you for doing them a favor, no effing way am I ever buying anything from them.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Woah, that's really low class.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1