As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wolverine's Healing in Civil War

13»

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Nightcrawler is a demonic German pirate/gypsy that is sometimes mistaken for an elf, and led an English super-hero team before almost becoming the Pope, only to find out that his bisexual, shape-shifting mother fucked the devil to create him.

I love Nightcrawler.

Hey, congrats... you just committed the cardinal sin of comic book discussion.

THis doesn't get mentioned. Ever.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bogart wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Holy War
    Oh right. Christ.

I'd forgotten about that. The story with disintegration wafers and heavily armed clergy.

:(

:x
    Yeah, well that isn't even the worst Nightcrawler story.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Holy War
    Oh right. Christ.

I'd forgotten about that. The story with disintegration wafers and heavily armed clergy.

Yeah, the Azazel one is a piece of Nightcrawler continuity that needs annihilating, but Holy War may well be the single stupidest X-Men story of all time.

Then again, there's always the last few issues of Mutant X: "Whoops I have destroyed the moon by accident and wasn't I a vampire last issue and hey over there isn't that the Beyonder who might be Maddie Pryor and look an evil Captain America who is at war with Canada for no reason, etc, etc......"

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Holy War
    Oh right. Christ.

Yeah, the Azazel one is a piece of Nightcrawler continuity that needs annihilating, but Holy War may well be the single stupidest X-Men story of all time.

Then again, there's always the last few issues of Mutant X: "Whoops I have destroyed the moon by accident and wasn't I a vampire last issue and hey over there isn't that the Beyonder who might be Maddie Pryor and look an evil Captain America who is at war with Canada for no reason, etc, etc......"

Xorneto did it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    CharcoalNinjaCharcoalNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Interesting thing about secondary mutations is the fact that Wolverine is basically the poster child for them. I mean look at how widespread his powers are:

Healing Factor
    Super enhanced senses (specifically sent)
    Claws

A lot of his abilities don't really build off one another, having claws doesn't lead one to a healing factor, and super senses doesn't fit with claws or a factor either. But instead Wolvie has a cluster of varied abilities that hit home his theme of the unkillable animal. I think the idea of secondary mutations is a good one so long as they fit the character's overall theme.

I personally really liked Angel's blood healing people, it really hits the whole "Angel" thing as now his blood can heal, making him more of a martyr figure rather than a guy who's only power was flying...

CharcoalNinja on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Holy War
    Oh right. Christ.

Why must I be reminded *that* story exist? WHY?!

Algertman on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I actually liked Nightcrawler's trip to Hell. Although the very last issue being drawn by a manga artist really threw me off. And I also liked Mutant X. And Ben Reilly.

I could keep going, but I've probably sent everyone into a berserker rage by now. Hey, there's a Wolverine reference to bring this back on topic!

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I actually liked Nightcrawler's trip to Hell. Although the very last issue being drawn by a manga artist really threw me off. And I also liked Mutant X. And Ben Reilly.

I could keep going, but I've probably sent everyone into a berserker rage by now. Hey, there's a Wolverine reference to bring this back on topic!

Here's another one... I wish Wolverine would claw your eyes out and then use them to show you the darkness in your soul.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote: