As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A Kinder, Gentler Social Entropy

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Sometimes I wish karma was a thing

And then I realize no that would be terrible because I'm a complete asshole when I'm driving in traffic

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Wiet wrote:
    "fart" is a trigger word for me beasteh and i would appreciate it if you stopped posting it all the time. it brings back very traumatic memories and i shouldn't have to experience that.

Knocking it out of the park with infantilising a subject this fast, good job!
    i do what i can

@beasteh sorry the rest of your posts that consist of you saying "fart" a lot make it impossible for me to take anything you say seriously

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    What I don't get are homophones

Two words that sound the same?!?!

Language man, shit be crazy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    also @janson was it you and mori and de?ad who were telling me about mori's yo momma jokes

or was that a fever dream

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Silmaril wrote:
    Larlar wrote:
    Silmaril wrote:
    morals schmorals.

people who rhyme are communists

everyone get him

I regret nothing!

Except not regretting anything!

here's hoping the mob I just formed is immune to paradoxes

iwantanswers3.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Druhim wrote:
    So who wants a spanking?

Oh, I see how it is. hmmpph!

No grumping, you're first in line <3

Yay! I'm the prettiest princess after all!
    BYdf3.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    yo momma so ugly her cornrows look like stitches.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kabitzy wrote:
    redhead wrote:
    let's see, touchy morality stuff?

i think i should be bothered when people talk casually about rape in a videogame context ("oh man you just got raped" "i'm gonna rape you" etc) but i am not actually bothered by it

the best argument i've heard for why it should bother me is that even if i and all of my friends are morally upright people capable of distinguishing between the concepts "this is ok to joke about" and "this is ok to actually do", it's likely that not everyone i interact with will be. ie at some point, if i laugh at rape jokes, i am going to laugh at a rape joke along with someone who genuinely has crazy ideas about what kind of behavior is ok, and he will interpret my laughter as me being on his side.

I used to make the occasional "you got raped" quips during games but I have been really put off of them due to a thread I saw (not on this community) about : "if you could rape a girl and get away with it would you do it"
    and a surprising number of people said yes.

Now most of them could have been joking but wow. I just. What? Reading it made me extremely uncomfortable and still makes me uncomfortable.

Because of that potato ARG thing Valve did with Portal 2, I now say "potatowned" when I do something in a video game.

I don't know why I'm so dum, please help me

JtgVX0H.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote:
    I don't get homophobes.

Why would you want the world to be less fabulous.

well they sound like one thing but are actually another

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Yo momma so hairy bigfoot takes pictures of her.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    My favorite forum awful was the dude in the rape wolf thread that complained about 'a wave of people who had been raped and now are speaking out on it'

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    Now here's a tip from blanche you won't regret!
    a stranger's just a friend you haven't met

no one who watches cartoon ponies is allowed to reference classic simpsons

everyone get him
    Please do

I'm all greased up

if there's one group of people that needs to stop complaining so much, it's definitely rape victims

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I'm confused who should I get

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    LTM wrote:
    I personally find humor that is used at inappropriate times more funny, but yeah Rolo, sounds like your boss is just a douche.
    lostwords wrote:
    in the end, the love you get is equal to the love you give, mang

the beatles have it right, acing like a douche just creates an echo chamber of douchitude

also pm dongs/butts/boobs plz

I'm pretty sure that's actually the lost final lyric to "Let It Be"

well I mean, it's not just him

The majority of the company, and a lot of our clients especially, take this line. It's an Old Boy's club, where everyone is the same gender/race/sexual preference. I doubt many of them know that they're doing it. I commute from a bleeding heart liberal downtown area that's really made a big thing of diversity and tolerance, but the area that I work in is much more conservative.

And bleh, even typing that makes me feel like an elitist.

As someone who's been completely desensitized over the years of internets, I'd like to empathize because I know what you're saying about the ambiguities of their intent, but it would seem pretty half-hearted.

But yeah, if its something where the bigotry is amplifying an underlying non-bigoted/slightly-bigoted humorous premise, then its probably fine. If its something where its only funny becase "haha, gays are an abomination, amirite?" then you're probably right in feeling uncomfortable.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    Balefuego wrote:
    Peen wrote:
    People take the Internet too seriously.
    The Internet is a cold black void, bereft of mercy or compassion
    In the grim darkness of the internet there is only offensive jokes.
    Spoken like a real tranny homo nip
    whoa

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote:
    Sometimes I wish karma was a thing

And then I realize no that would be terrible because I'm a complete asshole when I'm driving in traffic

man I would be fucked after what I did to that old man

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Mysst wrote: »
    Yo Momma so fat Shibby won't fuck her

daaaamn :)

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    My favorite forum awful was the dude in the rape wolf thread that complained about 'a wave of people who had been raped and now are speaking out on it'

I don't want to say it but I can't help it... Is a wave the collective term?

I'm going to hell.

t9migZb.jpg
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    here's hoping the mob I just formed is immune to paradoxes
    o731053-700x449.png

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

My favorite forum awful was the dude who taped people/his lovers/etc without their consent "just in case"

• EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

Oh him

Yes you just know they were waiting in the woodwork "waiting to be offended by something"

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    I'm confused who should I get

yourself, for being weak of mind

everyone get him

iwantanswers3.png
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Silmaril wrote:

I don't want to say it but I can't help it... Is a wave the collective term?

I'm going to hell.

A murder of rapens.

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Kochikens wrote:
    Paladin wrote:
    gushed about exotic fish.

Yes hello someone said fish??

I don't even remember, it was some sturgeon with a unique evolutionary thing I was fawning over in ecology; my memory's so bad it might have even been liopleurodon, which isn't even a fish

nothing you could put in a tank sorry

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.

My favorite forum awful was the dude who taped people/his lovers/etc without their consent "just in case"

He was truly special.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote:

That thread

Second only to digimon yaoi

goddamn digimon yaoi ruled

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Second only to digimon yaoi
    i dont see what the problem with this is

my favorite forum awful is Druhim

everyone get him

iwantanswers3.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    My favorite forum awful has got to be bitching about women and minorities getting into MIT, writing a pissed off letter about it full of stupid shit, and then playing amnesiac the next day when people call you out on it.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    also @janson was it you and mori and de?ad who were telling me about mori's yo momma jokes

or was that a fever dream
    Haha, I believe we did tell you about yo momma jokes, but they were @Ipsedixit's and @DE?AD's, not Mori's

and it is not too late to say congratulations! Thank you!

Janson on
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:

He was truly special.
    was that skull man's library wanking thread

shut up crwth JUST SHUT UP

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    a thread titled

a kinder gentler social entropy

wherein we all will yell at each other

EzUAYcn.png
    more like randall

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Technically, we're all homos.

Unless you're some OTHER animal.

YL9WnCY.png
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    What I really don't get is people who don't get people who don't get homophobes.