As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragons Nest] New Nexon MMO Open Beta starts today!

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I dunno, Minotaur nest takes too long solo. Some abyss bosses just aren't worth doing solo either. In normal/hard/master? Yeah, solo erryday.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Yeah, soloing only works for Master difficulty in most areas. Anything above level 16 that you can solo on Abyss isn't really worth it for the time investment required. The early game can be soloed pretty easily, though.

Still waiting on new content that isn't horribly time gated farming.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    lizbotlizbot Registered User regular
    Labs are an ok Abyss solo if you have a couple lives left before rollover. The mobs aren't much different from master, it's quick, and the boss can get pegged down pretty easily. I play mystic, and the boss spider would jump the hell out of me because of all my ranged attacks...until I found out you can just keep it in one place, by going to the gap between the pillar and the wall. It'll still hurt you, but it's way more manageable ~ making the labs the least painful master/abyss to farm.

fwp.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    at level 24 i can solo any abyss except mino

at mino i get wrecked because there are no guilds on elena, so the magic SM gets to tank for the pubs

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    well it's certainly possible to solo everything but mino. however, from my experiences by at least duoing you'll almost halve your time, and if it's with someone you know then splitting the rewards is less of an issue.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah
    but i play on elenaaaaaaaaaaaa

i've been soloing 100% of my time leveling, first time partying was for mino

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    well if you do want to play with folks it's worth the time rolling up a toon on argenta. with the current level cap it takes a couple days at most to hit 24 and be geared out.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    yeah i hit 24 and am fully geared in less than a week

problem is, i like my swordmaster (and all my money is on elena)

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I theoretically 'can' solo mino, it literally just takes half an hour. So its really not worth it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    I can do Valley of Mourning runs for someone if they need a power-level on Argenta. I have to farm shards endlessly because getting the one plate I need is almost impossible without spending 6k gold.

I'm having a hard time going back to my Acrobat after playing my tank paladin. Maybe I'm just used to dodging reactively now rather than using it to spam Spiral Kick/Spirit Shot.

• Options
    Eh, I used dodge reactively and still got off a good many spiral kicks and such. It takes a different kind of rhythm for sure, but with the right rotation of moves you should be constantly using some attack as acrobat.

I sure wish level cap would go up so I could get ringshot though. Getting juggled is ridiculous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    i hate juggles almost as much as i hate those weird fucking fuzzy ants they have out here

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I want to play more but my shoulders huuuuuurt u.u

Is anyone else from the not-US, btw? We should like play together. I'll beat them to death with my flail and you'll cheer me on.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So i normally play female characters in games. Like, ever game where i can choose a gender.

I got a mystic to 20 even since they get goddamn orbital lasers.

Then i played warrior/swordsmaster. And now i have a swordsmaster main!

There is something primal about playing NotCloud from notfinal fantasy with totally not omnislash as a final move fighting definetly not sephiroth.

• Options
    broke 1k on my moon lord
    ehhhhh, done sending gold

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Heckyeah ~ ! Official launch + cap raise + Saint's Haven next week!

~ I am totally gonna finish leveling my alts + grind faction points this week

fwp.png
  • Options
    Wait whhaaa?

They are finally raising the cap? Man, only took em what, 2 months.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Bunch of update infos from various places, c/p'd from here.
    Livestream

Information found in the livestream on September 21 by Alteris and Christina.
    General Information and Patch Date

The patch is slated for release Wednesday, September 28, 2011.
    Level cap will be raised from 24 to 32.

Abyss Shop

Epic Shop (Lv. 24)
    You can purchase level 24 epic items using Goddess Teardrops

Weapon Tab

Ancient Staff
    10 Goddess Teardrops
    Ancient Orb/Puppet/Grimoire
    14 Goddess Teardrops
    Level 24 Powders (Anima, Herba, Sophia, Pasus, Potencia,)
    1 Goddess Teardrop

Armor Tab

Level 24 Epic Headgear
    4 Goddess Teardrops
    Level 24 Epic Upper Armor
    5 Goddess Teardrops
    Level 24 Epic Lower Armor
    5 Goddess Teardrops
    Level 24 Epic Gloves
    2 Goddess Teardrops
    Level 24 Epic Shoes
    2 Goddess Teardrops

General Goods Tab

Dawn Soul
    A light spirit discovered by Honest Ed while crossing the Tel Numara Desert.
    Causes your weapon to glow with a special light.
    50 Goddess Teardrops

Factions

Golden Goose Traders renamed to Golden Goose.
    Cassius Palace renamed to Royal Court.
    Free Adventurer's League remained the same.

Faction Shop: Golden Goose

Faction points can purchase level 24 rare, level 24 epic, and level 32 rare equipment.
    Seems to be class-dependent -- Sorceresses can choose between Orbs, Puppets, and Grimoires.
    Golden Feather Orb:
    Rare level 24 subweapon
    2500 Faction Points
    Golden Feather Orb:
    Epic level 24 subweapon
    10000 Faction Points
    Golden Feather Orb:
    Rare level 32 subweapon
    2500 Faction Points
    Golden Goose Bronze Membership 7-day Coupon:
    Purchasing price reduced by 5%
    Enhancement fee reduced by 5%
    Repair fee reduced by 5%
    Selling price +3%
    500 Faction Points
    Golden Goose Silver Membership 7-day Coupon:
    Purchasing price reduced by 10%
    Enhancement fee reduced by 10%
    Repair fee reduced by 10%
    Selling price +6%
    1000 Faction Points
    Golden Goose VIP Membership 7-day Coupon:
    Purchasing price reduced by 30%
    Enhancement fee reduced by 50%
    Repair fee reduced by 50%
    Selling price +15%
    2500 Faction Points

Faction Shop: Royal Court

Royal Court Potential Pouch (Epic, Average)
    Contains an epic average spark.
    400 Faction Points
    Royal Court Potential Pouch (Rare, Average)
    Contains a rare average spark.
    200 Faction Points

Faction Shop: Free Adventurer's League

Wings of Freedom Orb
    Level 32 rare subweapon
    2500 Faction Points
    Wings of Freedom Orb
    Level 24 epic subweapon
    10000 Faction Points
    Small Octagonal Water
    51 Faction Points
    Medium Octagonal Water
    51 Faction Points
    Free Adventurer's League Lustre Pouch (Average)
    Contains either an Average Lustre or a Medium Octagonal Gem.
    150 Faction Points

Dragon Vault

More wings.
    Pink/peach Cupid Wings
    More clothes.
    Hurhur...
    No new hairstyles with this update.

Maps

YOU CAN STICK PINS ON THE MAAAAAAAAAAAAP.
    This isn't actually an update, but was just a part of the video and already existed long ago in the game. (Thanks for pointing this out, Drakulas!)

Royal Castle

Cassius is so cute. So tiny. (7:59)
    Lady Kaylinn
    General Duglas
    Bishop Ignacio
    Captain Richard
    Duke Stuart
    Royal Guard

Areas: Black Mountain Path

5 new dungeons
    "Where the Black Dragon resided long ago."
    Black Sovereign Gates
    Black Sovereign Domain
    Recommended Level: 27
    Blackguard Stronghold
    Black Sovereign Assembly

Areas: Port Hermalte

5 new dungeons

Misc. Info

Random pieces of information that don't belong in other categories, go!
    Future Livestreams

Nexon is doing another livestream sometime next week to show players more of the new dungeons (most likely Port Hermalte).

New Events Planned

Transcript
    Alteris: And, uh, we're having some new events! Like, uhh, you log on, and you might get some, uh, cash shop items, and I heard the Empowerment Points are going to be, uh, boosted, right?
    Christina: We will give out extra Empowerment Points so that you can actually really really enjoy the game longer, and we'll have different cash items [sic] giveaways and just... even for just logging in, so you definitely want to check out the game on launch date and until the weekend, also.
    Hallowe'en events being planned.

Regarding Skill Resets

Transcript
    Alteris: Nice, okay. Uhm, I see people asking about skill resets.
    Christina: Uhm...
    Alteris: What's the verdict?
    Christina: Skill resets... We're thinking about it.
    Alteris: Thinking about it?
    Christina: Nothing's settled yet. Of course, it's one of the really coveted items -- we see a lot of skill reset petitions on the forums, uhm.. We understand that you really want it, but, well...
    Alteris: We'll see, right?
    Christina: We'll see, yeah.

Emotes

No new emotes.

Nests

No new Nests planned for this patch.
    They are currently working on the next Nest patch, though.

PvP Ladder

PvP ladder is being reset and the shop will have new items to tend to the new level cap (32).
    Use your points before they're reset!!

Marriage?

Alteris won't marry "you".
    Christina also won't marry "you".

Forums

Information found on the forums via. posts by Alteris.
    Mounts

Alteris:
    I don't think the mounts made it into this update. But since I don't have much access to the updated client, don't take my word for it.

Downtime

Alteris:
    [...] On a serious note, the patch should be huge that day so expect a longer than usual downtime.

Future PvP Modes

Alteris:
    PvP modes are currently being tested, but they are not slated for the new update. Right now our main goal is to test Level 32 properly as well as all the 500+ quests so that when it's launched everyone can enjoy it bug free.

fwp.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So the SEA servers now have queues of 400+ :o

• Options
    The update is looking really nice. Looks like I'll have to start logging in again and gear up my acrobat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    finally! when this came out it had so little content. great game but I wanted more of it. Now I can finally level my mercenary and see his defining skills.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    yay 32 cap
    Excited for the swordsman laser thing

hmm

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    FInally, get some new skills [though only one I think for Acro]

• Options
    I think my highest level character is about 16 or 17. I need to get back in there so I can sift through the new stuff, but I'm just so damn burned out on video games these days. I never figured I'd be saying that, but I've recently played DFO and Dragon Nest more or less exclusively for weeks on end and it's difficult to click that little icon on my desktop to get this shit started again.

I've got Bastion to finish, City of Heroes just went free, DC Universe Online will soon be getting that treatment, Diablo 2 still has some meat left for me via mods, I've got some shit waiting on Steam that a friend purchased... Just so little time in the day for the thing that I felt was hot shit just a month or so ago.

My apologies for the proliferation of the word "shit" in this post. See that, there it fucking is again.

• Options
    yeah I'm a lot less enthused for dragon nest than I was before patch

almost 25 hurghhhhhk

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Well good news, more content, more skills, bad news the Grind has set in. Remember those quest chains that sent us back to the same dungeon again and again? Everything is that now. Just ran one of the first chains in New Haven and it sent me to the same Dungeon 6-7 times and I am not done yet :( Cannot even stack Quests to do all at once cause it is the same NPC and the quests are sequential.
    Other things to do come down to waves of enemies in circular arenas. Boss Rush is kinda fun though and the SPAAAAAARTA jokes are funny for about 3 seconds.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Daredevil Faire also gives you the currency to buy the better NPC gifts (to be used to get in good with factions, as their vendors sell epic and rare gear) making it a possible equipment grind as well ~ which, if you're in the mood to just go kill all the things forever, isn't so terribly bad.

lizbot on
    fwp.png
  • Options
    I really don't mind quests sending me back to the same dungeon, as once you level cap that's all the game is. Since the combat is actually enjoyable, quests are more like 'here's some bonus exp for killing stuff you were gonna go kill anyway' rather than something you have to do to get to the good part.

I haven't had a chance to play since the update yet, but I'm chomping at the bit to level my mercenary and try some new characters now that they can get to their class defining abilities.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    Yeah that is where the Boss Rush is, kinda interesting. The bosses come without Adds and get various buffs, Speed, Attack, and Invisiblity. Also a Goblin Umpire is running around and DO NOT KILL HIM. Well maybe once for laughs.
    So close to 26 and new skills, been to a grand total of 3 dungeons now, leveling has slowed way down from the early teens. The first one was annoying since it had all the horrible enemies from Basin of the Fallen but others were fun.

• Options
    seriously fuck that first dungeon full of ghouls and shit

but the other dungeons so far have been great. it's just that, i really want my stupid laser ability and i don't want to get to 26 to use it. so far awayyyyyyyyyyy

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I'm still derping through some old quests I'd left undone once I capped. Up to 50% to 25. So its not going lightning fast, but hey.

I definitely need to faction grind and I'm really not looking forward to that. Oh well. Maybe I'll just spam daredevils faire.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Man being Acrobat is so much gravity mocking fun. Hit 26 and the first skill I get lets me, after I stun a Character and Flip Kick them, continue flip kicking into the air. Other skill is more of a get off of me skill where I jump into the air and fire downward with knockback. Which while not as hilarious is useful and once I hit 29 will allow me to use it when I get hit while airborne.

Also also PIRATE PLANTS!

Who-Psyd on
  • Options
    so far awayyyyyyyyyyy

Dragonforcepasst.jpg
    i want to play guitar hero 3 more than dragon nest right now aaaaaa

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    SWTOR just came out and all my friends are buying, playing, and trying to be wily and peer pressure me into getting it as well. But my wife and I are having a lot of playing this game still. I'm kind of still amazed at how this game has held my interest... not solidly, but it remains in my eyes, a very good game despite being grindy at times.

Also, the level cap got raised again to 40.

• Options
    shitdamn I'm still 25

did 24-32 get the exp amount lowered?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I still enjoy the heck out of this game but no one I know plays. So sad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    shitdamn I'm still 25

did 24-32 get the exp amount lowered?

Derp, kind of forgot I posted in here.

Not sure if it got over all reduced at all, but there is currently 40% bonus xp if you are in a the correct channel for your level (they say on the name of the channel 24-32 or something)

32 to 40 only has a 20% xp bonus.

• Options
    eh, dont think i'll be playing anyway

logged in for my hat trick items, blew up my +11's, blew up 3 bags of skeleton swords/gauntlets trying for +12, then got bored and left

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So after seeing a few people poking around in this game on Steam, I decided to check it out. I hadn't played since the beta pass I picked up at PAX a few years ago. The game certainly isn't super modern in terms of UI or graphics, but it's still a very pretty game and fun. The writing is sort of tongue-in-cheek stupid and entertaining, the combat is fantastic, and dungeons are really quick to run. Was surprised to see that there was zero activity on this on the PA forum, did everyone burn out early or what?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy