As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kris and Scott Show, Ep.3 - Friendship: Sept. 20, 2011

2»

• Daddy Two-CoatsDaddy Two-Coats Registered User regular
    Am I the only person who PATV never buffers/runs really slowly for? Everything loads literally 5 seconds at a time, regardless of what show it is. And this is on different computers in different locations.

• DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    Dextolen wrote:
    Nobody believes that Mike's like that. It just wasn't that funny.
    To each his own, I guess. Personally, I laughed harder at
    "I think Mike only eats bacon"
    than I have at anything in a long time

• TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    God, this show is just so good. I wish they'd post some gag reels, because I'm sure there's some good ones.

Wait for the DVD.

I'm kinda waiting to see a pure K&S(S&K) episode like the pilot. They work so damn well together that I still listen to the old Daily Affirmations every now and then.
    Guest stars are great and all, but leading with two back-to-back guest episodes feels off.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Do people not normally take their shoes off when they go inside a home in America?

That's so weird

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Neli wrote:
    Do people not normally take their shoes off when they go inside a home in America?

That's so weird

go back to japan!

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Neli wrote:

That's so weird

Here in Canada we take our shoes off 95% of the time usually. But 95% of the time we also have snow. So yeah.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • sliver911sliver911 Registered User regular
    As soon as they hit that doorbell I was sold.

I'm surprised by those who didn't find this episode funny. These guys are all obvious good friends with good hearts, I can't imagine how long their blooper reel is for this episode. Just imagine how hard it would be to keep a straight face while pushing around your friends pretending to be a rich douche. I don't even find him that well off personally. The success of PAX would lead me to believe he WOULD have a bigger boat lol.

I don't post much, but I had to comment on this episode. Loved it. They took their normal lives and made it into one big joke so we could all poke fun at them.

• Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    This is how The Office should be. It demonstrates how to be uncomfortable and hilarious.

Good Looking Fat Guy on
  • sketchesofpaynesketchesofpayne Registered User new member
    I was laughing out loud this whole episode. I'm sure Mike had fun playing his part.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Loved it. I would like to see more just Kris/Scott, but asshole Gabe is hilarious.

• DindoTanisDindoTanis Registered User regular
    I laughed my ass off throughout the whole episode guys. Absolutely love what you're doing.

Literally, my ass fell . . . the fuck . . . off.

• EmptyAyEmptyAy Registered User regular
    sliver911 wrote:
    I don't even find him that well off personally. The success of PAX would lead me to believe he WOULD have a bigger boat lol.

I have a feeling that they don't spend nearly what they make. But things like... after Prime '10, Mike wanted one of those awesome modular tables, so he just got one. And they're like $2k - $5k, I mean they were not anywhere in the realm of cheap. I don't think they're extravagant with their money, but when they want something, they just get it, which would be a nice way to live.

And if they ever don't have enough money, they can have a PAX every month and I'll give them all of mine.

• fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i saw the preview of this ep at PAX, and i still could not stop laughing at the actual thing.

i'm hoping the next ep is the one where they shot a few scenes at PAX.

because i'm in some of those shots :D
    waaaaaaaay in the background :(

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Mr KuehlMr Kuehl Registered User new member
    I didn't like it at first, I couldn't handle Mike acting like that. But then I realized he was acting the part of Gabe. Even a Dickstarter reference in there.

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    I have only seen this one episode just now but I found it surprisingly funny. Easily on par with (if not exceeding) the best of what they have done with their Blamimations. The whole thing played out like a parallel universe Curb Your Enthusiasm with Kris, Scott, and Mike, right down to how it apparently isn't very scripted. Asshole Mike was great throughout. It felt like he actually despised them and yet was this lonely and bitter guy unfulfilled by his wealth and servants.

Now I wonder why none of my own friends have never had a friendship level meeting with me.

NNID: Rehab0
  • AnodosAnodos Registered User new member
    Im not sure if im going to keep reading penny arcade if he treats people like this....

......:P

• AleemaAleema Registered User regular
    I laughed so hard at the end, saying "that is the saddest thing I've ever seen." I mean, that acting was top notch. I was wondering if Mike meant to be hesitant to send them away, but the ending shot just nailed it. He perfectly captured the character.

Here's to hoping the future episodes are this damn good.

• 815165815165 Registered User regular
    I love this show so much. :^:

• ricolaricola Registered User new member
    PA:TS and KSSKS are my two favorite things here. The KSSKS pilot was definitely the funniest episode but every episode has not failed to deliver for me. Loving the whole Curb Your Enthusiasm meets PA & Friends thing going on. I'll admit KSSKS feels a little more "fake" than PA:TS does, but once you accept that as a conceit of the show the lengths they're willing to go to to carry the joke through makes me laugh almost as much as the very alternate personas themselves. That and while I really like the feel of PA:TS, I like that they're trying something a little different with KSSKS. So basically haters gon' hate, KSSKS is great and everyone involved should feel great. (Obviously everyone will have and is entitled to their own opinion, but that's my 2 cents in the pile!)

Now if only PA:TS Season 3 would start my life would be double the awesome.

• ricolaricola Registered User new member
    Am I the only person who PATV never buffers/runs really slowly for? Everything loads literally 5 seconds at a time, regardless of what show it is. And this is on different computers in different locations.

Sorry for the double post and I'm not sure if this is off-topic, but I've had this problem, too. For me, I think the problem is PATV defaults to HD, so I have to turn it off every time I try to watch something. Have you tried that? If not, I'm deeply sorry for your loss, you are missing out on some quality television.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Oh god, this episode.
    You're sucking it up. Right. Up. The. Butt.

And you took money, took a lot of their money, you fleeced them!

And I can respect that.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I am not normally a fan of the office style of humor but damn.. I was teared up laughing through this episode, Mike played the role so well, and that friend evaluation was just awesome.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    I thought this episode was pure gold from the very first moment.

"He's our friend..."
    "What the fuck are you losers doing here?"

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Neli wrote:

That's so weird

go back to japan!

do you not have like.. porches? Where shoes go? Is that not a thing in America?

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Porches, yeah, but generally not porches where shoes go.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    even when I do take my shoes off in a house they don't go on the porch, they go just inside the front door

• DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ----

DaltonCarl on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    The only thing that could make this better is bloopers, I can't imagine Mike managing to keep such a straight face the whole time. :P

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Propriety wrote: »
    Enc wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    Not crazy about this one. The others had some mean spirited moments but had happy parts too. This one seemed just plain mean and not as clever.

Mike is a really nice guy and is known as such, so the portrayal as a rich dick is a character they built to support the Kris and Scott Narrative (which is also artificial). Did you miss the joke?

In my opinion, watching a character be mean to two other characters isn't really much of a joke.

I didn't like this one. It just made me feel awkward and sorry for Kris and Scott. I know it was all made up, but it was still uncomfortable to watch. At least in previous episodes there have been funny lines and lighthearted moments. This was just K&S being walked all over for 11 minutes while Mike bragged about how big his house was and how rich he was. Made even more uncomfortable by the fact that Mike is rich and does have a big house.

I was hoping S&K's K&S show would be more of the genuinely funny Kris and Scott banter and silliness we got in PA the series, and less of the weird hybrid situational comedy/awkward times that they've been. Guess they're just not for me! Oh well.

based on your tastes, let me suggest Curb Your Enthusiasm

• FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    This is easily the best episode of the show so far. It's on par with some of my fav episodes from PA:TS.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    I loved how much of a jerk Mike was. The ending where he's choking up was touching somehow. Never thought I'd say that about a K&S episode! Good job, all.

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    That was some legit-good acting out of Mike at the end, with the faintly throbbing sadness of his chin.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    As hard as this was to watch, I'd rather watch this episode 10 times than watch the Potential Employee Interview episodes of PA TV.

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Oppressive force of Capital oppressing Labour makes for good humour

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    As hard as this was to watch, I'd rather watch this episode 10 times than watch the Potential Employee Interview episodes of PA TV.

I skipped the second one of those

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I had been sort of "meh" on this series after the first two episodes. Then this episode came along and sold me. I am a convert!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Scott KurtzScott Kurtz Registered User regular
    the stuff we shot at PAX will be in the final episodes of the season. It's the last stuff to air. So you got a while to wait. :(

• derek1138derek1138 Registered User new member
    Love the show. I came to the site today hoping to see a new one (as shown on the calendar), but was saddened to find it wasn't there :(

Anyway keep up the good work S&K!

• BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
    This show is non-stop stupendousness.

"Jerry was only permitted to on the boat after he saved Mike's kid from falling in that hole ... the hole Mike dug to test Jerry ... the kid fell in three times before Jerry finally saved him!" Or words to that effect.

Every episode is moment after moment of comedy gold.

• SlothmanSlothman Registered User regular
    I know I'm late to the party , but I thought this was brilliant! hilarious!

MMO Game Journals
    Slothman's Home Tree