As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Superman: Man of Tomorrow! (and his dog)

1293031323335»

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote:
    Kate Beaton's take on Lois Lane:

loislanesm.png

This is so like an actual woman it's terrifying.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    What?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I've been reading up on Rucka's Adventures of Superman run over the past month, and it actually had some really good stuff in it.

I quit reading the run back when it came out about 4 issues in, because it was really slow and Lupe was a standard Rucka tough girl that I just rolled my eyes at (she still comes across too much like a wannabe Montoya or Sawyer throughout the run). But the Mxyzptlk issues are really, really good, and the underlying theme of Lois and Clark wanting to start a family was good and showed how much forward thinking Superman books can be given writers who get the character. But the best part of the run has to be the reasoning for why Clark has so many people with LL as their initials, because the Kryptonian language makes it look like infinity, a real fun idea:

supermanadventures646a-Copy.jpg

And the Ruin story flowed rather well, with a reveal that worked, and although it kind of pounced on a previous Man of Steel storyline three years prior it wasn't bad, and got the supporting cast some screentime. So if you ever see Adventures of Superman #626-648 in a dollar bin somewhere, give them a shot, particularly 638 and 646-647.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Was Lupe the cop lady? I didn't like her either, but yeah apart from that there was some cool stuff if I remember right.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yeah, she was the cop lady who doesn't take no guff, and dragged the book down whenever she appeared.