As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week - 06/20/07

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wally!

Drawn with way too many muscles!

Garlic Bread on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Wally!

I'll take what I can get!

Fencingsax on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Wally!

I'll take what I can get!

well

not too many muscles

since everyone has the same

but his are way too big

thank you Ed Benes, you boring artist

Garlic Bread on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    picture2tj4.png

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • FolkFolk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    he has a lazy eye.

Folk on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Folk wrote: »
    he has a lazy artist.

Fixed.

I enjoyed the exchange between Sebastion Shaw and Professor X in Endangered Species today... even if the rest of the issue was kind of boring.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Folk wrote: »
    he has a lazy artist.

Fixed.

I enjoyed the exchange between Sebastion Shaw and Professor X in Endangered Species today... even if the rest of the issue was kind of boring.

Oh man yes that was so awesome

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fallen Son: Spider-Man:
    Wolvie: When we were trying to get the new Avengers team together blah blah blah...
    Spidey: ... Bull crap, I was on the Avengers before you were. Ass.

Also, though it's not from this week, I picked up Sub-Mariner today as well. And it is nothing but awesome.

Vann Diras on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    picture2tj4.png

Go back to bed, Flash.

The Muffin Man on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    NAND NOR wrote: »
    I vote Ultimate Spider-Man #110 for Lame Moment of the Week. Boring ending to a mediocre story arc.

I disagree 100% with this.

Flash #13 was very well done, actually, although it felt a little rushed, I guess.

DJ Eebs on
    edited June 2007
    The only thing I didnt like about USM #110 is that essentially the exact same thing is happening to Kingpin in the regular Marvel U right now

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    For me, the moment of the week was this panel from Captain America:
    blackwidow.jpg

The framing, figures, inking, coloring, and mood are top notch!

I'm not very invested in the character, but I found the death in Flash 13 to be really insulting. Maybe it was perfect if you're really into the character, but it felt really cheap to me.

ed: Uh, also, I still want to understand Black Widow's motivation, comics. Why is she Pro-Reg? I do not understand at all.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited June 2007
    The last panel in JLA #10 gives me hope that Bart will be back.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just read JLA #10. Let me get this straight......not only did the rod not kill anyone, it brought back four people........ -four-. I'm glad he's back, but there was no sense of sacrifice to the whole thing. If he had come back alone and a Legionnaire died to do it, it would have put more weight behind something that is meant to be a pivotal moment in history. He could have worked towards getting the other 3 back in some way, so an opportunity to tell a story is lost. It just looks like they went "Ok, we need to kill Bart because that's how we always fix everything, because if they're dead, the fans can't demand them to be reinstated. Also, let's just take the method in the JLA arc we explained and -completely invalidate it- so everyone in JLA has a happy ending. Yay."

I read Flash #13. It was a good story and he went down fighting, like Kon did, like Question and Ted should have had a chance to do. Still, he didn't -have- to die, and the purposely point it out and he sees his chance, and then as the observers the only reason he loses his chance is because the writers will it. Lately everyone is getting kill happy with their heroes, and I wish they just start killing villains for a change since there's an abundance. There is only one Bart Allen, only one Steve Rogers, only one Vic Sage, only on Ted Kord, only one Conner Kent. There are others like Black Goliath that aren't headliners too. Except for Kord, think of the sheer amount of Heroes over the course the last year that got wiped out as the new big fad in comics.

Am I the only one noticing this? It's not like it's even over, if Kyle doesn't go all darkside on us, he's most likely dead too. Now some will just go "Silver Age LOL", but are Bart, Kon, and Kyle Silver Age? Without even realizing it they're fucking up our modern age of comics by snuffing out all the young up and coming heroes.

Wow that was a rant and a half.....sorry I had to get that out of my system. I ask again, am I the only one who noticed?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JLA had Starman in it, thats always my moment of the week

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

How so? Whoever that face is, since Bart couldn't ride the lightning anymore, I don't see how they'd get him in the rod. Could be Barry, since it looks like the original intent was to bring Barry back to life and Wally was unexpected.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    The only thing I didnt like about USM #110 is that essentially the exact same thing is happening to Kingpin in the regular Marvel U right now

It was for about three panels.
    But then you had Kingpin planning to blow up schools and then he got arrested, so...a little different

DJ Eebs on
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

How so? Whoever that face is, since Bart couldn't ride the lightning anymore, I don't see how they'd get him in the rod. Could be Barry, since it looks like the original intent was to bring Barry back to life and Wally was unexpected.
    his residual essence that was seen in IC #4 might have hitched a ride back from the speedforce

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Kuma wrote: »
    übergeek wrote: »

his residual essence that was seen in IC #4 might have hitched a ride back from the speedforce

I didn't read IC, it didn't appeal to me what with the million tie ins they were doing. Could you elaborate? Also I cleared use of the sig in the GL thread in case you didn't see.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Am I the only one noticing this? It's not like it's even over, if Kyle doesn't go all darkside on us, he's most likely dead too. Now some will just go "Silver Age LOL", but are Bart, Kon, and Kyle Silver Age? Without even realizing it they're fucking up our modern age of comics by snuffing out all the young up and coming heroes.

Yeah, I posted about it over in the Flash thread. DC's gotten ridiculous with their killings lately. It's like they're just using them as a shortcut to make the story seem important. Doesn't bother me though. I'm down to reading a meager three DC books a month, so at least they're saving me money.

To contribute, Brave and the Bold had a lot of good ones.
    1) Lobo: [while doing donuts in the Garden of Destiny] I think I just ran over th' squirrel o' destiny!

2) Supergirl: [standing in a maze that bends space] All I'm looking at now is the back of my own head.

Lobo: Not th' worst view--

3) Supergirl: [to Lobo] Look up my skirt and I melt your face. Seriously.

Everyone should be reading Brave and the Bold. Waid has such a good grip on on Jaime, Lobo, Supergirl, and Batman it's unbelievable, and each issue's so packed with dialogue and panels that it really feels like it's worth your money.

Munch on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm surprised at the lack of Conquest love. But I suppose this is the moment of the week thread and while the issue was awesome for me, I cant think of any single huge moment in the book. I guess the bad guy reveal at the end could count.

The Ultimate SPider-man ending was kind of retarded.
    Moon Knight is a schizo, psycho vigilante who recently shot up a school that has no proof whatsoever that Kingpin ordered his death and everyone magically believes him. Theres no judge (especially after Kingpin's money gets involved) that could use his testimony as evidence for even a search warrant let alone a conviction. And how the hell did he survive a bullet in the head. Well not just survive, but survive floating down river then just get up and walk to the police station. I could see if he was put in a coma or picked up and treated at the hospital or something, but ot have his inner personalities tell him to just get up and he does it is just not cutting it for me.

KVW on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Moment of the Week:
    Good-bye, Bart. *sniff*

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the lack of Conquest love. But I suppose this is the moment of the week thread and while the issue was awesome for me, I cant think of any single huge moment in the book. I guess the bad guy reveal at the end could count.

Moon Knight is a schizo, psycho vigilante who recently shot up a school that has no proof whatsoever that Kingpin ordered his death and everyone magically believes him. Theres no judge (especially after Kingpin's money gets involved) that could use his testimony as evidence for even a search warrant let alone a conviction. And how the hell did he survive a bullet in the head. Well not just survive, but survive floating down river then just get up and walk to the police station. I could see if he was put in a coma or picked up and treated at the hospital or something, but ot have his inner personalities tell him to just get up and he does it is just not cutting it for me.

If you noticed, he looked up and saw the moon was full. He apparently has actual powers linked to the moon, whether it's in his DNA or from a similar source as 616 Moony remains to be seen.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Well,
    Moon Knight isn't exactly "normal". It's quite possible that he has some sort of healing factor.

As for the testimony, it's not JUST Moon Knights confession(and like they said, he gave up his secret identity to convict him. Chances are they struck a deal like "You serve for a few years for putting minors in danger*Though it'd be less severe since most of that time was fighting Spidey and not blocking off any escape* and we can use your testimony versus the Kingpin."

Moon Knight sits in his cell and stews for 10 or so years, Kingpin rots forever for a huge list of crimes that he committed that rack up ages in the pen. Plus there are probably countless guys willing to sell out the Kingpin to get out of their "accessory" charges.

The Muffin Man on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    For me, the moment of the week was this panel from Captain America:
    blackwidow.jpg

The framing, figures, inking, coloring, and mood are top notch!

I'm not very invested in the character, but I found the death in Flash 13 to be really insulting. Maybe it was perfect if you're really into the character, but it felt really cheap to me.

ed: Uh, also, I still want to understand Black Widow's motivation, comics. Why is she Pro-Reg? I do not understand at all.

Black Widow's motivation is a pay check. She's been part of the Widow program and worked for SHIELD. In a way, she's always been "registered".

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007

Well,
    Moon Knight isn't exactly "normal". It's quite possible that he has some sort of healing factor.

As for the testimony, it's not JUST Moon Knights confession(and like they said, he gave up his secret identity to convict him. Chances are they struck a deal like "You serve for a few years for putting minors in danger*Though it'd be less severe since most of that time was fighting Spidey and not blocking off any escape* and we can use your testimony versus the Kingpin."

Moon Knight sits in his cell and stews for 10 or so years, Kingpin rots forever for a huge list of crimes that he committed that rack up ages in the pen. Plus there are probably countless guys willing to sell out the Kingpin to get out of their "accessory" charges.

I read the last comic but cant remember what actually hapenned. How did Kingpin manage to beat up MK? Isn't he super strong in this reality?

DarkWarrior on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Well,

I read the last comic but cant remember what actually hapenned. How did Kingpin manage to beat up MK? Isn't he super strong in this reality?

Nope, I think he's just crazy Batman.

And someone asked earlier why he didn't die from the gunshots, I'd say it's because his suit was clearly bullet-proof. There was no blood at all.

Mai-Kero on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

Well,

Nope, I think he's just crazy Batman.

And someone asked earlier why he didn't die from the gunshots, I'd say it's because his suit was clearly bullet-proof. There was no blood at all.
    He may be more than just crazy Batman, someone brought up the full moon thing, which is an aspect of 616 Moon Knight's powers.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • RiqaRiqa Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

He was dripping blood all over the place in the police station scene.

As for the issue itself, it was kinda disappointing for being Mark Bagley's last issue on the book but overall was on par with what we usally get from USM.

Riqa on
    3DS: 3411-1583-6442
    Steam: Noai
    Warframe: Fairwoods
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I really enjoyed pretty much all of Checkmate this month.

This crossover deal is turning out a whole hell of a lot better than I was expecting it to.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

For the love all that is holy if they don't give me a Legion book Wildfire I'm going to kill someone Black Adam style

Algertman on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Eddie Brock's characterization in Sensational Spider was leagues better than anything I saw from the character in the '90s, as best as I can tell.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for pointing that out Hooraydiation. It was a really good story and I liked uber-imaginary Venom. He seemed a lot more like the cruel, psychologcail tormenting Venom. I'm surprised the Symbiote is sticking with Scorpion at the moment. Sure he might have a little more free reign than he did with Eddie but all he does is get his ass handed to him.

DarkWarrior on
    edited June 2007
    I was excited about Scoprion/Venom for about 10 seconds until I realized they werent going to revamp his look and just use the same old Venom style. Symbiote-style Scorpoin could be cool, but Mac Gargan is just a dumb thug, he's far less interesting than Brock.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    So...yeah. Missed this thread.

ASM
    Peter basically torturing that guy in the sewers

Moon Knight
    "The kid's still a pussy

And I don't know if it was this week or last, but the 20th anniversary Tick comic. The whole goddamn thing.

Me Too! on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also in Moon Knight
    #### ###### ### ###### #### #### ####### ##### ####
    (Or somethign to that effect)
    I can't even think of enough words to make sense of it.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    Also in Moon Knight
    #### ###### ### ###### #### #### ####### ##### ####
    (Or somethign to that effect)
    I can't even think of enough words to make sense of it.

It was all ##################die. Like that. Sooooo good.

Oh, and Ghost Rider
    Johnny and the Rider arguing about what to do. Kinda like Nova and the Worldmind

Me Too! on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    Annihilation: Conquest Prologue.

Especially
    ANNCONPRO001043_col.jpg
    Holy Fuck the whole cables-in-the-eye thing is creepy.

MAN.

from the previews i thought it would be about this lame ass drifter cowboy guy.
    the last page really did it for me. i have to admit. i didnt see it coming

SO GOOD!
    this series has made my list.

delphinus on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Iron Man Hypervelocity comes to a close with #6.
    imh6-1.jpg
    imh6-2.jpg

This mini turned out to be far more enjoyable than I would have thought possible, really. A pity that all the characters in it arent going to be coming back.

imh6-3.jpg
    Big Boom.

Synthetic Orange on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    What's hypervelocity about, anyway? It looks interesting.

One Thousand Cables on