As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your Breakup Stories

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    I've kept my last two relationships going past the point where they were any good because, essentially, I hate moving.

But to elaborate more, my ex spent the summer across the country and then broke up with me after I got back from my own vacation. Which is ok, cause as much as we talked about getting the relationship back up to snuff, I think it really bothered her that I thought all her hippie yoga spirituality was bullshit, regardless of my not ever saying anything about it

Yeah, I realized years ago I can't date someone I don't respect and I can't respect someone that's really into that nonsense so I wouldn't have even stuck around that long. I remember a woman I was kind of interested in when I first met her. Was pretty cute, big tits, seemed pretty nice. Then at one point she started talking about being a wiccan and I completely lost any interest in pursuing it further. :P

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'm pretty willing to put up with all kinds of bullshit because I am a believer in all kinds of other bullshit.. but I don't want to hear about it unless I ask and I don't want to tell you mine. Just keep it to yourself and we're cool.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    ceres wrote:
    I'm pretty willing to put up with all kinds of bullshit because I am a believer in all kinds of other bullshit.. but I don't want to hear about it unless I ask and I don't want to tell you mine. Just keep it to yourself and we're cool.

Hate to break it to you, Demeter, but if if we're talking about a relationship, then if "you don't want to hear about it" then you're pretty much NOT "willing to put up with it".

• Options
    CognisseurCognisseur Registered User regular
    ceres wrote:

I don't even remotely understand what sort of bullshit you're referring to then.

"You can have whatever issues you want as long as they're never noticeable and you never bring them up"

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    ceres wrote:

God.

Thank You!

Someone else understands. Let's get married.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Well there's your problem Stale. When has a woman ever been able to shut up?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Opinions are like dead hookers, we all have a few dozen, they all stink and every so often you need one of your friends to help you move them.

• Options
    Me?

I'm a neurotic mess. Seriously. I have some weird fucking quirks and ticks in my daily life. OCD type stuff. I have to have a specific number of body was, I have to have a specific number of kitchen towels, I have to keep a specific number of things on hand at all times. And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

But I don't bring them up to people I'm dating, and I don't want to talk about it. "Why do you have so many loofahs in the closet?"

"I got a deal... no biggie."

"But you bought one the other day after you used one... why?"

"Don't worry about it. I just forgot I had the others."

"But you don't forget anything..."

"DROP IT WOMAN!"

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    It's rather nice being married to someone so completely apathetic about religion.

• Options
    Janson wrote:
    It's rather nice being married to someone so completely apathetic about religion.

that kinda depends on your religion and religious...ness.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Neurotic tics?

TP faces out. Knives are point down, spoons and forks are bowl/tines up in the dishwasher. At least two kinds of shampoo/conditioner on hand at all times.

I have more but eh, not important. What's important is that Dru humors me for the most part :)

• Options
    Mayday wrote: »
    Janson wrote:

that kinda depends on your religion and religious...ness.

and it's obvious she's talking about herself, not making a generalization that applies to everyone
    so I don't get why that needed saying at all

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    sorry :/

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Don't be too sorry, Mayday.

Your statement itself was rather valid and makes a good point. The context is what the cranktopus is bristling over.

Do you have an instance where religion was a relationship wedge?

• Options
    Yeah, zip's right. No need to apologize, it just came across to me like you were clarifying something that's already understood. No biggie though.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    holy crap are the forums working again

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Of course, my background is also that my parents have argued non-stop about religion for over 20 years.

I couldn't name any tics in particular, but I know my standards of cleanliness/tidiness have irritated people in the past. Yes, sometimes having a clean house IS more important than sleep even if I have been complaining about how tired I am.

• Options
    nope

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I just wanted to watch some goddamned movies Druhim!

also all my relationships have gone out with a whimper
    all my fault
    and also all I've had since are a few emotionally insubstantial flings that left me depressed
    I would choke younger me and current me forever
    I just seem too stupid to be able to get my social shit together right now
    but I'm not gonna give up no sir

Tam on
  • Options
    Living with Nikki, and now Monica, I've forced myself to accept how normal people live and keep their kitchens, for better or worse.

But I still load the dishwasher, and I still take care of my cast iron and knives. I still keep 3 tubes of clorox wipes in the kitchen.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Living with Nikki, and now Monica, I've forced myself to accept how normal people live and keep their kitchens, for better or worse.

But I still load the dishwasher, and I still take care of my cast iron and knives. I still keep 3 tubes of clorox wipes in the kitchen.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    There was a guy I tried to break up with who put his head under the wheel of my car and refused to move, stating I either had to not leave, or kill him with my car. That was fun. Or claimed he'd kill himself if I left. Or claimed to be possessed by an evil demon that had come into his body as a child named Donny. I chose to not leave, but in retrospec, I should have run his head over.

I finally got rid of him by driving across town to meet this guy who was wearing a suit and tie over his broad shoulders and muscular body, who said for $2000 he could 'take care' of the man I was with. I wouldn't have to do a thing, he would arrange all the details... And he did, got the divorce rolling right away

The Ex tried stalling and intimidation tactics like having his lawyer draw up a five page questionair asking questions about my personal life, finances, associations, family etc. And my lawyer read it over, looked me straight in the eye, and said "Would you like me to tell them to go fuck themselves? I can do that. None of this is realivent, so my advise is definately a 'Go fuck yourself.'"

And other than a signature on the divorce papers, I never saw not heard from my ex again.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Of course, my background is also that my parents have argued non-stop about religion for over 20 years.

I couldn't name any tics in particular, but I know my standards of cleanliness/tidiness have irritated people in the past. Yes, sometimes having a clean house IS more important than sleep even if I have been complaining about how tired I am.

Don't put off sleep all the time and don't let that whole thing escalate or grow in any way. My mom has always been like that, and at almost 60 years old, she's pretty much lost her mind and is psychotic and impossible to deal with.

So sleep sometimes. Things will be there in the morning!

• Options
    My divorce was long, drawn-out, panful, and ruined me financially.

But, I'm male, thats sort of what they're designed to do.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    i introduced my two best friends together while i was just finishing school and they got together instantly

kind of annoying since i was majorly crushing on the girl

their marriage didnt even last a year and the guy refused to have anything to do with divorce paperwork until 2 years had passed and it became something ludicrous like 80% cheaper

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Cognisseur wrote:
    ceres wrote:

I don't even remotely understand what sort of bullshit you're referring to then.

"You can have whatever issues you want as long as they're never noticeable and you never bring them up"

This is meant more in the proselytizing sense. If we're in a relationship and you're Christian that's nice, but I'm not going to be Christian and I don't ever, ever want to hear about how I should be, and I won't bother you with my bizarre niche take on my own religion.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:
    I guess the constant creeping tide of American TV in the UK means we're a bit more clued in about American vernacular than the US is about ours

It is the natural order, let it never change.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    In the past six years every time I have ended a relationship it has been pretty understanding and respectful. I almost always end (even if being dumped) with the optimistic hope that a friendship can still blossom.

Sadly nearly every girl has immediately distanced herself and become hostile. It is a sad set of affairs...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I once dated a girl who was pretty damn right wing/racist.

I mean once, I joked that she fancied someone we both knew and she replied:

"Yuck, I'd never date a <insert the word for black people that if I even start to type will get me jailed>"

On the discussion of Islam:

"All Muslims are terrorist sympathizers"

And why did I put up with this?

Because she was smoking hot.
    And I was young 17/8. Also, I am a fucking idiot.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I dated a girl for a couple months my freshmen year of college. I had to plan everything and really instigate our dates, so eventually I got very tired but she was cool to hangout with. Well we get back after Christmas break and I catch the flu. The next day I am full-blown sick and I go to mention to the girl that we'd probably have to reschedule a date because of it. I knock on the door, she opens it and tells me, "Listen, I don't really know how to do this so... I don't like being around you at all, in any degree."

I was like, "Hmm... That would explain a fair amount. Okay, see you around." Well this girl was the program manager at the radio station I had just started volunteering at and the awkwardness... Oh boy, you could cut steel with it. I'd be happy & optimistic and I guess that made her even angrier. Jump ahead a week or two and I begin to hear that she keeps mentioning to my friends that she is into my roommate & wants to seduce him. Naturally my roommate and I laugh as a result of it.

Well one day I am near her while eating dinner and she comments towards me, “Your roommate is so hot,” to which I immediately respond, “And he is huge.” She is taken back and asks, “What?” to which I again respond, “He is huge down there.” At this point one of my friends over-hears what we’re saying and leans in, “Oh yeah, he’s like a horse down there.

She looks at us and screams, “You ruin everything!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    I really only have one breakup story worth telling. Generally relationships have ended pretty uneventfully for me. However Tami was the lady I broke up with on New Year's. I had me Tami through the scuba club I belonged to at the time. She was certainly attractive, but I started to realize fairly quickly that we didn't really have all that much in common aside from scuba. We just didn't talk all that much when we were together and when we did talk, the stuff each of us was interested in was usually boring to the other. So after about three months we're approaching Christmas and we exchange gifts. I forget what I gave her, but she gave me some silk boxers. Nowadays I consider silk boxers to be pretty lame. But I was sincerely pleased with my gift at that youngish age and I thanked her, and just happened to mention in passing that I had other silk boxers that I kept forgetting to wear (I now realize it's more that they just aren't that comfortable) and mentioned that a gf from a few years back had bought me a pair. Tami was shallow enough that this pissed her off and a fight ensued and I went home and basically ignored her for about a week while I considered ending the relationship. I should have, but I was young and stupid didn't just step up and do what should have been done. Instead after Christmas she told me she wanted to spend New Year's together but when I suggested some parties we could go to she wanted to stay home and watch movies instead. Fuck that noise. So then she tells me a couple of days before that her cousin is throwing a party and we should go. Fine, at least it's a party. I agree we'll go.

So I show up at Tami's place and her friend Dierdre is there with her bf and I find out that they're riding with us to the party. Great, now we're saddled with them for the evening and I'm feeling doubtful about this party already. So we get to the party, and it kind of sucks and I realize suddenly that I'm done with this shit. The relationship is over and I should have ended it weeks ago. So I pretty much avoided Tami all night and talked to more interesting people instead, and then when our group was finally ready to leave we drove back to Tami's place and I left the car running while Dierdre and her man got out, and I told Tami on New Year's that it was over. Was it the best time to end a relationship? Nah. But I realized that I couldn't travel back in time and break up with her earlier and there was no way I was going to pretend to be interested for another couple of weeks just so I didn't do the deed on New Year's. It had to be done and the quicker the better.

What I took away from this is that Druhim is very serious about partying.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    I really only have one breakup story worth telling. Generally relationships have ended pretty uneventfully for me. However Tami was the lady I broke up with on New Year's. I had me Tami through the scuba club I belonged to at the time. She was certainly attractive, but I started to realize fairly quickly that we didn't really have all that much in common aside from scuba. We just didn't talk all that much when we were together and when we did talk, the stuff each of us was interested in was usually boring to the other. So after about three months we're approaching Christmas and we exchange gifts. I forget what I gave her, but she gave me some silk boxers. Nowadays I consider silk boxers to be pretty lame. But I was sincerely pleased with my gift at that youngish age and I thanked her, and just happened to mention in passing that I had other silk boxers that I kept forgetting to wear (I now realize it's more that they just aren't that comfortable) and mentioned that a gf from a few years back had bought me a pair. Tami was shallow enough that this pissed her off and a fight ensued and I went home and basically ignored her for about a week while I considered ending the relationship. I should have, but I was young and stupid didn't just step up and do what should have been done. Instead after Christmas she told me she wanted to spend New Year's together but when I suggested some parties we could go to she wanted to stay home and watch movies instead. Fuck that noise. So then she tells me a couple of days before that her cousin is throwing a party and we should go. Fine, at least it's a party. I agree we'll go.

So I show up at Tami's place and her friend Dierdre is there with her bf and I find out that they're riding with us to the party. Great, now we're saddled with them for the evening and I'm feeling doubtful about this party already. So we get to the party, and it kind of sucks and I realize suddenly that I'm done with this shit. The relationship is over and I should have ended it weeks ago. So I pretty much avoided Tami all night and talked to more interesting people instead, and then when our group was finally ready to leave we drove back to Tami's place and I left the car running while Dierdre and her man got out, and I told Tami on New Year's that it was over. Was it the best time to end a relationship? Nah. But I realized that I couldn't travel back in time and break up with her earlier and there was no way I was going to pretend to be interested for another couple of weeks just so I didn't do the deed on New Year's. It had to be done and the quicker the better.

What I took away from this is that Druhim is very serious about partying.

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    once I found out that this girl conceived of scientific developments as progress towards truth and absolute understanding about our environment, and boy I kicked her ass to the curb so fasssst

• Options
    Look, it was New Year's Eve. You don't fucking stay at home and watch a movie at that age unless you're sick.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    maybe not in the '80s but nowadays our youths are discovering a whole new host of ways to enjoy themselves.........

• Options
    Do all those host of new ways center around staying at home and watching a movie? because again, we're not just talking about her not wanting to go to a party, but wanting specifically to stay home. And no, sex wasn't really a better option because honestly she was very boring in bed.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    This NYE I'll be renting a lake house and enjoying the company of a group of friends.

Food and controlled intake of libations. Enjoying ourselves without massive crowds and bullshit.

I guess that makes me old and boring. So be it.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Stale wrote: »
    This NYE I'll be renting a lake house and enjoying the company of a group of friends.

Food and controlled intake of libations. Enjoying ourselves without massive crowds and bullshit.

I guess that makes me old and boring. So be it.

That's still a party, it's just a party with a select group. :^:

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I think i just wrote up a big reply just to have it eaten
    Basically I have broken up with a lot of girls because I am not a very good person, or I wasn't, at the time, and have only been broken up WITH once, and that one time made me completely change who I am and led to drinking and drugs (in a good way) and way more friends and a lot more hook ups
    and having super serious long term relationships before you are 20 is kinda dumb

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    fgsfds

RubberAC on
This discussion has been closed.