As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Monday Sept. 26, 2011

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited September 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-kBPCpRW-XL.jpg
Technically It's Gung Fou

It’s very strange, being an old person. You have to constantly remind yourself that a lot of the rules that seemed incredibly useful at one point are dumb, or were always so, or were phantom exertions from someone else’s hierarchy. Also, if you want to take Karate for some reason, or no reason, and if you can find a half an hour somewhere, you can probably do it.

Some things you want as a young person lose their relevance; some of them you could get, now, but can’t see the point. When I was in my larval form, before my ninth molt, I thought it would be fucking awesome to have Devastator and Omega Supreme have a big fight on the floor of my room. I could do that now, and please what remains of that young man in my current iteration, but I know that they’re just plastic now and the living part of them is gone.

At some point I decided to become a verb. I wanted to develop a suite of custom flagella devoted to altering my environment; I got hooked on it. Beneath it all, the desire for supreme kicking knowledge has managed to retain its ancient heat. It was like finding something under a mess which has been a mess for so long that it’s simply what the room looks like now; it had become geography, which gave the rediscovery an archaeological cast.

Watching my son bow into the dojo and cinching his white belt feels more real to me than all the other real things I am supposedly experiencing. It’s heavy in my hand, I could break a window with it. I have very few memories like this.

(CW)TB out.

a human in flesh

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    If someone who is able to see the comic can rehost it I would be very much obliged

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Five minutes of trying to log in later, I present this public service.

86LoC.jpg

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Gabe in every panel is priceless.

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Edit:

Disregard this post, apparently I was the slowest rehoster.

Fyndir on
  • ricolaricola Registered User new member
    Gabe's expression in panel 3 is indeed excellent.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What's the difference between regular Yoga and Hot Yoga?

Henroid wrote:

Really Henroid.

Really.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:

mostly the temperature

• RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Remember that this is Gabe and he is asking if it is hot in there and if there are ladies.

NNID: Rehab0
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote:

Really Henroid.

Really.

I'm trying to set up an awesome premise here damn it!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I've discovered why I can't see comics lately: the ones hosted on smugmug are blocked by the filter here at work. The ones hosted on art.penny-arcade.com are still viewable, though.

This was a good one, by the way.

I don't have any work filter and I also can't see the comic

• November FifthNovember Fifth Registered User regular
    I kinda want to have Devastator and Omega Supreme have a big fight on my floor. :(

• DrSlinkyDrSlinky Registered User new member
    Bogey wrote:
    Some things you want as a young person lose their relevance; some of them you could get, now, but can’t see the point. When I was in my larval form, before my ninth molt, I thought it would be fucking awesome to have Devastator and Omega Supreme have a big fight on the floor of my room. I could do that now, and please what remains of that young man in my current iteration, but I know that they’re just plastic now and the living part of them is gone.

(CW)TB out.

a human in flesh
    [/quote]

Me thinks you should consult a psychiatrist. The best part of being an adult is you can have Devastator and Omega Supreme open cans of whoop ass in ANY and EVERY room of the house!

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I do yoga. It's challenging and has hot women. what's not to like?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

mostly the temperature

This is actually a thing. People do yoga in steam rooms.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

noooooooooo

• agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    I've discovered why I can't see comics lately: the ones hosted on smugmug are blocked by the filter here at work. The ones hosted on art.penny-arcade.com are still viewable, though.

This was a good one, by the way.

If I remember those are actually the same place. *.smugmug.com was blocked by some work filters so they set up art.penny-arcade.com as a workaround. Maybe something got screwed up when they changed the website?

• Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Psh! Look at that stance. A stiff boner could knock him over.

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Aw, poor Tycho. You'll get there one day buddy!

Fuck off and die.
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Psh! Look at that stance. A stiff boner could knock him over.

A stiff boner tends to knock over anyone with pants on.

Blake T wrote:
    KalTorak wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

mostly the temperature

This is actually a thing. People do yoga in steam rooms.

That takes the fun out of my imagination.

• agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    When I hear Hot Yoga I think of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QfnDTRu2N0
    (In case of takedown, that's the yoga scene from Couples Retreat)

• shpoffoshpoffo Registered User new member
    ProTip: It's not Gong Fu unless they also teach you the medicine to fix the injuries.

• BinjaBinja Registered User new member
    First post by long time reader, and I have to say the forum design seems pretty damn solid. Anyways...

The comic is good but I must say the post is great. That's really cool you're doing martial arts with your kid. I'm not a dad, but I first got into karate with my dad when I was young, and it was an awesome thing to practice with him, for like, bonding.. with emotions and stuff. Yeah.