As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

After this, my desk was a [DUMP] [NSFW] Updated 6/24/07

TamTam Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Artist's Corner
After a month of too much paperwork and college crap, I finally got to draw and I drew feverishly. I know all of this looks light, but I actually put quite a bit of work in. I'll update this more in the coming days.

Ugh. A month's absence really shows. Your comments and crits are always a help, AC.

Also, the incomplete stuff is actually me running out of paper space (because of stupidly beginning at the side of the paper) and not cross-eyed cropping.

Odin
6.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

Tam on

• VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You seem to be improving Tam.

Sleipnir has eight legs by the way. Not 6.

Virum on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Virum wrote: »
    Sleipnir has eight legs by the way. Not 6.

FUCK! This is what I get for not doing research/using FFVII

Tam on
  • NovusNovus regular
    edited June 2007
    A month’s absence or not these all look fantastic. Sleipnir looks a little off though I can't quite place it; not that I know what a six legged horse is supposed to look like... I think the front legs might be a little too short but I'm not sure. The woman in the last piece holding the gun; her torso may be a little too long and her left leg seems bent at kind of an awkward angle. Nonetheless all of these; as I said, look great.

Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Obscuring Odin's face with his hand seems like a very bad decision to me.

The second joint on the index finger also creates an unfortunate tangent with the nose. As a result if you stand back a few feet it looks like he's speared himself through the face.

I'd also like to see some more use of value changes to help create form rather than depending so much on heavy linework. It's especially apparent in the first and fourth

Scosglen on
    edited June 2007
    @Scos Odin's face is me being lazy. I'll get cracking on value changes ASAP. I guess I don't know anything about it and I've been dreading plunging into anything like painting.

@Novus Thanks, mang.

All crits noted. Will post new stuff with crits in mind within the next day.

Tam on
  • EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bonus: Sleipnir was born by Loke after he transformed himself into a female horse and got knocked up by a working horse. I guess it was due to the father horse being incredibly strong and Loke's godness Sleipnir turned out to have 8 legs and serving as Odin's steed. Interesting stories. I bet those vikings were tripping on some serious shrooms when they came up with all this stuff.

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    EntrY wrote: »
    Bonus: Sleipnir was born by Loke after he transformed himself into a female horse and got knocked up by a working horse. I guess it was due to the father horse being incredibly strong and Loke's godness Sleipnir turned out to have 8 legs and serving as Odin's steed. Interesting stories. I bet those vikings were tripping on some serious shrooms when they came up with all this stuff.

Shrooms of awesome

The Black Hunter on
    edited June 2007
    Value change(?)

7.jpg

Tam on
    edited June 2007
    Anyone know a photo hosting service that doesn't mind nudes? I don't think this is going to be on photobucket for long.

8-2.jpg

Tam on
  • tmccooltmccool Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    photobucket has only taken down like 2 of my nude drawings. i dont think you have to worry.

tmccool on
  • EntrYEntrY Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The neck on the lower left character is insanely long, but I guess that's intended with the neck-armorish-thingie?

EntrY on
    beavotron wrote:
    hang on, i need to go put an adult diaper on before you continue explaining.

Flickr ... Myspace
    edited June 2007
    The neck on the lower left character is insanely long, but I guess that's intended with the neck-armorish-thingie?

Yurp. Got the idea from National Geographic.

Tam on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tam wrote: »

Just a little science to help you out with that concept. When those girls/women use the brass coils to make their neck appear longer, what the coils are actually doing is, instead of lengthening the neck, its pushing their shoulders downward so their torsos are that much shorter than a regular person's.

Hope that helps if you intend to expand on your sketch. ;)
    You're very skilled. Keep up the good work.

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited June 2007
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »

Just a little science to help you out with that concept. When those girls/women use the brass coils to make their neck appear longer, what the coils are actually doing is, instead of lengthening the neck, its pushing their shoulders downward so their torsos are that much shorter than a regular person's.

Hope that helps if you intend to expand on your sketch. ;)
    You're very skilled. Keep up the good work.

Huh. Didn't know that. I thought it just lengthened their necks. Thanks.

Tam on