As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goddamnit it all to hell [Relationships] [Just Venting]

baronfelbaronfel Would you say I havea _plethora_?Registered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
So she's so intertwined in the rest of my internet personas that this is the only place I could see to vent.

Just.....goddamnit.

For two years we were wonderful. Hell, we're still wonderful together. She told me today that she's all she ever wanted in a lover/boyfriend. But she's the younger daughter of two first-generation Indian immigrants that can't get past the dating a white boy social stigma of the culture. And of course it helps that her older sister married a good Indian boy. I was learning the language and culture to win them over, for fuck's sake. We loved spending time together. We shared interests, and could teach each other about the areas where we didn't overlap. And now it's gone. Fuck bigotry in all its forms, because today it cost me the woman of my dreams, and I say that as an almost-graduated man with a full time job dating a woman with a degree and a full time job.

Just fuck it all.

I know I'll get though it, my CompSci, analytic side knows I will, but now I have to go through some indeterminate amount of time with angsty, angry, pointless bullshit before my primal side heals. And then I'll have to learn to open up again. And I have to learn to do without a part of my daily life for the past two years. When I wake up in the morning she's not there to contact. When I'm at work I'm no longer allowed to text/gchat her.

Sigh.

baronfel on

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    You're in (assumably) America now! why do you care about her parents?

• Options
    MateyMatey see, look how sad i am now give me your wallet.Registered User regular
    good luck

sorry that happened to you

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    but did you have sex with her vagina

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    You're in (assumably) America now! why do you care about her parents?

yeah I'm a little confused too

still sucks, though!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    oh and no matter what sort of shit her family pulls don't kill Tibault, it just ends badly

YaYa on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    well that sucks

• Options
    i dated a japanese girl in school and her parents LOVED me, a skinny white guy

so take from that what you will

• Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    These days it's really hard to find someone to bear shit with yah.

If anything smile, it helps.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    She is the Cat's mother.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I don't know what that even means.

• Options
    blake have you been drinking

• Options
    wait no you usually post in caps when that happens

• Options
    I miss Drunk Pooro, funniest and most functional alt ever

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It's only 4 in the afternoon here!

So yes, he'll be drunk by now

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    In all honesty though it sucks bug time when your lady friend's parents hate you.

But remember. You aren't doing to term what you are doing to their daughter.

I know it is different as you are used to parents making an effort to like you, but it's pretty obvious that's not how these guys are rolling. So just don't worry about it. You can't make everyone in the world like you so you shouldn't get upset about it when you find someone that doesn't.

• Options
    Alternatively offer them a dowry?

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.