As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jordyn's JLU Thread (PODCAST #2 Page 38)

• bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    animale wrote:
    Also I though you didn't care about Green Lanterns all that much.

I love the idea of them... I just can't get into the comics /at all/. I guess they're too big to be easy to write?

Also: I'm at odds with pretty much the whole GL fandom. Hal Jordan pisses me off, Kyle Rayner is awesome and John Stuart was pretty much my favourite character in the JLU show, after the Question.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    It's about fucking time we got back.

So, I watched a lot of JLU during the downtime.

Savage Time wins so hard for Blackhawks and Sgt. Rock.

Hurrah for the return of the forums!

Sars_Boy on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    whoops 4chan

New series: Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes

The Legion of Super Heroes (bouncing boy, brainiac 5, etc.) from the future need Superman's help but accidently get him from a time when he is a kid.

[spoiler:818629643a]meh[/spoiler:818629643a]

I somehow accidently posted this in the action figure thread :|

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited May 2006
    1148341135493.jpg

The Legion of Super Heroes (bouncing boy, brainiac 5, etc.) from the future need Superman's help but accidently get him from a time when he is a kid.

[spoiler:35f05f5986]meh[/spoiler:35f05f5986]

What are you doing browsing 4chan

Also what are you doing trying to hotlink from it

Knob on
    edited May 2006
    Knob wrote:
    whoops4chan

[spoiler:371fbebf03]meh[/spoiler:371fbebf03]

dammit, a friend sent me a link.

LOSHpromopicFULL.jpg

SA on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    That looks.... highly suspect.

Is it Dini/Timm's work?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited May 2006
    bobgorila wrote:
    That looks.... highly suspect.

Is it Dini/Timm's work?

don't think so :(

SA on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Not, it's not Timm and Dini. The three producers all worked on Justice League. Two of them also worked on The Batman, and the third is James Tucker. It is not meant to fit with the rest of the DCAU, so don't bother trying. It's not based off of Dini's LoSH episode or anything. And I swear to god I am doing an episode summary the second I get home from work so you people have something to talk about other than whining about a show you haven't even seen yet.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    That art style is a pretty big turn off for me.

DouglasDanger on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2006
    Knob wrote:
    whoops4chan

[spoiler:1cdb95dfd8]meh[/spoiler:1cdb95dfd8]

dammit, a friend sent me a link.

LOSHpromopicFULL.jpg

Superboy and Lightning Lad(Even with cliche Lightning Scar) look pretty good to me. However the girls look hideous The eyes/eyebrows just plain terrify me.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    That one on the left looks like she's got a touch of the Down's.

edit: those belt buckles suck ass.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited May 2006
    They're flight belt-buckles. What?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2006
    You're fucking shitting me. They cut out flight rings? That's my favorite part...

Whippy on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    These aren't the final character designs, are they?

robosagogo on
    edited May 2006
    Flying from the waist is a ridiculous premise. Especially when it's just a buckle attached to a thin material.

Jet boots, everytime.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    Flying from the waist is a ridiculous premise. Especially when it's just a buckle attached to a thin material.

Jet boots, everytime.

I'm more of a jet pack man, myself.

Those designs are still ridiculous, though. well, half of them. I don't know any names, so I'm going to make comic-fans gag here, but Superman/kid/boy/wtfever looks decent, the guy to the right of him with the lightning theme looks decent(cool, even), the person between the two girls looks pretty good, the girls and the remaining guy look like someone spilled something very bad into the gene pool.

Again, I am sorry for not knowing any names, I don't really follow most comic/comic-based-tv-show things too much.

yalborap on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    That girl on the left is tripping balls. She can see you through the page and your face is melting to her. Just look at her, she's about to start tearing out her eyes while screaming about the spiders.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited May 2006
    Guys that flight belt buckles thing I said was a joke.

You were supposed to laugh at it, not get all huffy.

You guys are like a carebear named Huffsalot.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    the only one i really hate is timber wolf.

dammit, brin londo is not a werewolf, merely a badass!

Conditional_Axe on
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

Goes through a lot of paint, does he?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:

DON'T TOY WITH OUR EMOTIONS WOMEN!!!

We are comic fans. Half of us are only reasonable half of the time.

And the other half are never reasonable.

Bloods End on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So I don't know anything about Saturn Girl (Lass?). Is she from an alien race known for their mean widow's peaks and sharp eyebrows that reach the upper sides of their foreheads?

robosagogo on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    So I don't know anything about Saturn Girl (Lass?). Is she from an alien race known for their mean widow's peaks and sharp eyebrows that reach the upper sides of their foreheads?

It has nothing to do with that. In the comics she has never had that kind of look (correct me if Im wrong). I personally think the designer saw a picture of a George Perez Raven and said.."Shit...change the colors and give it a cartoony look, and we've got ourselves a Saturn Girl."

I dont really care for Braniac 5's look. He looks like he's going to be the goofy runt of the team, unlike how he's portrayed in the comics.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited May 2006
    I feel sorry for women with widow's peaks. On a man, it's distinguishing, but on a woman, it just looks like you're going bald wierd.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Ok first off I'm sorry but I might possibly de-rail the topic. Jordyn, good job with the summeries, I love em.

Ok now to business. I love musicals, I loves them alot. Recently, durring the forum downtime, I began to think: "Woulden't it rock it there was a Justice League Unlimited Musical?" a fun 2 hour show full of fun, romance, and ass kicking.

So what do you guys think? Who would sing what songs? I think Bats and Dinana should totally have an asowme love song by full moon light. And we NEED a Question Song of some kind, I'm trying to come up with ideas for songs, and lyrics if possible...but I have to do it at work, where I have alot of free time...kinda. So what do you all think? Ideas? Songs? Lyrics? Please discuss!

Bucketman on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Possible Lantern/Arrow duet of "It Ain't Easy Bein' Green", or is that too easy?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited May 2006
    Bucketman wrote:
    Ok first off I'm sorry but I might possibly de-rail the topic. Jordyn, good job with the summeries, I love em.

Ok now to business. I love musicals, I loves them alot. Recently, durring the forum downtime, I began to think: "Woulden't it rock it there was a Justice League Unlimited Musical?" a fun 2 hour show full of fun, romance, and ass kicking.

So what do you guys think? Who would sing what songs? I think Bats and Dinana should totally have an asowme love song by full moon light. And we NEED a Question Song of some kind, I'm trying to come up with ideas for songs, and lyrics if possible...but I have to do it at work, where I have alot of free time...kinda. So what do you all think? Ideas? Songs? Lyrics? Please discuss!

Some guy who posts on Scans_Daily is writing a Batman musical, although it kind of encompasses the entire DCU. I'm not sure if its the DCAU or not, though.

Sars_Boy on
  • Ownage JonesOwnage Jones Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:

Some guy who posts on Scans_Daily is writing a Batman musical, although it kind of encompasses the entire DCU. I'm not sure if its the DCAU or not, though.

...reminds of the musical from "Out of the Past".

"A superstitious and cowardly lot!"

Ownage Jones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently playing: Infamous, Resident Evil 5
    Need to play: Shadow Complex, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, MW2, Alpha Protocol
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    More shows really need to pick up on the comedic value of a good musical... The musical episode of Buffy is my favorite episode from that series.

Scooter on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited May 2006
    So, pretty lukewarm review of the new Braniac Attacks DVD over at Ain't it Cool News:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23450

No Clancy Brown as Luthor? WTF? :|

DMAC on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2006
    Bucketman wrote:
    I love musicals, I loves them alot.

Gay.

The only time I can stand musicals is, as Scooter said, they're used for comedic value.

Garlic Bread on
    edited May 2006
    DMAC wrote:
    So, pretty lukewarm review of the new Braniac Attacks DVD over at Ain't it Cool News:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23450

No Clancy Brown as Luthor? WTF? :|

So looking at the credits on IMDB, Timm isn't even listed as a producer. The closest the writer has come to the DCAU is "The Batman." The art style sort of gave us the impression it would be the same good ol' folk as before, but really, it's not. Curt Geda is there directing, and some of the voice actors are back as well, but that's about it. There's two people on the cast that don't have a character next to them, Powers Boothe and Lance Henriksen. On JLU, Powers Boothe is the voice of Grodd, it seems he is Luthor in this film, and the other dude is Brainiac.

Also, this comment from that review bugged me:

"Nothing against George Newbern, but Daly does it better, especially the difference in voice between Superman and Clark."

Newbern voiced him through JL(U). How many times did Clark even show up? A quick count says 6 times (A recount says more like 4-5). How can you really even make that a fair comparison?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    Also, this comment from that review bugged me:

"Nothing against George Newbern, but Daly does it better, especially the difference in voice between Superman and Clark."

Newbern voiced him through JL(U). How many times did Clark even show up? A quick count says 6 times (A recount says more like 4-5). How can you really even make that a fair comparison?

I'm, uh, going to go out on a limb and say that you can't?

I really hope that's the answer you're looking for.

In other news, I finally started getting the DCAU on DVD. Seasons One and Two of Batman TAS. Wow. I forgot how much "Heart of Ice" kicked ass. Chicken Soup for The Batman's Soul. If no one has asked yet, I humbly request to Jordyn that she add it to her "DCAU review" backlog.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
    edited May 2006
    Time for another one of these ordeals!

Last night I watched The Enemy Below, the third episode (or 6th & 7th if you prefer), and the debut of Aquaman on the series. I never used to watch this episode very much, and I'm not exactly sure why, since it's a pretty good episode. For one thing though, there's no Flash. And Aquaman can be such a dick. I think 3/4ths of this episode is him and Green Lantern just being dicks to each other.

The episode starts with a US submarine getting too close to Atlantis, I guess. Aquaman says they violated the "soveriegn borders of Atlantis" but seriously, I think he actually means "any water any where" when he says that. I half expect him to beat people up for taking showers. The sub has a chick on it, which while I'm all for gender equality, I'm pretty sure women are actually not allowed to serve on subs. Something about guys trying to have sex with them in torpedo tubes I'm sure.

womansub.jpg

So the Atlanteans attack the sub, with the tried and true method of "run into it."

ramming.jpg

And the Justice League shows up to help, in the Javelin, which can apparently go underwater.

javunderwater.jpgoutofjav.jpg

I don't know how they got out of it.

They save the dudes, but Aquaman only lets them take the people, even though IT'S A NUCLEAR SUB! And GL gets his panties in quite the bunch. Aquaman goes home to his hot wife.

Mera.jpg

Back on the Watchtower, we experiment with cheap ways to animate a scene.

shadows.jpg

Meanwhile, Aquaman apparently walks to shore and is a dick at the World Assembly. Then as he's leaving, someone shoots at him. Well, at his feet. With a rocket.

rocketfeet.jpg

Though he was apparently aiming somewhere else.

crotchaim.jpg

So they rush him to the hospital where all the doctors are befuddled until someone shows up.

Batmanreveal.jpgisitbatman.jpg

OH MY GOD I COULDN'T TELL IT WAS BATMAN BY THE VOICE!

Batman tells them to put him in water, oh thank god. I didn't know hospitals had giant tubes. I also didn't know water can cure wounds from a goddamn rocket. Like, if I get shot underwater, and crazy seadoctors are trying to fix me, simply putting me into a tube of air isn't going to solve all my problems. I guess I'll stop drowning. While he's in the tube, GL gets grumpy again.

aquamantube.jpgGLtap.jpg

DO NOT TAP GLASS GL.

Oh, and somewhere in there Orm showed up, because we needed someone else who is a dick and also wears horrible little short thingies.

Orm.jpg

It is time to catch a bad guy! Wonder Woman catches guys with large amounts of property damage, and then just goes in a grate anyway.

roaddamage.jpg

The bad guy was Deadshot, and they crash his van which then blows up, but I'm not really sure why.

vanexplode.jpg

Deadshot is voiced by Micheal Rosenbaum (aka The Flash), only now he is sort of doing a Kevin Spacey impression, which is pretty rad. He was hired to kill Aquaman and paid in piles of gold DUBLOONS, which I kept saying over and over for some reason last night. DUBLOONS. I never got the "being paid in gold" thing because I have no idea where I would spend gold. Can I take gold to Best Buy and get a big TV? Can I go to the car lot and give them gold for a new car?

The JL figures out that the plot to kill Aquaman is from someone in Atlantis! So they go to warn him but Orm and his octopus generals have already captured him and are totally gonna kill him. His generals all have octopi on their chests, by the way. I think rank is determined by number of legs, which wouldn't really make them octopi. Or...disfigured octopi.

octopusarmorjpg.jpg

Orm takes Aquaman and his kid and hang them from a mountain thingy, before sending them to their deaths. My favourite line in this episode is where Orm is about to kill them and says "Well, I'm off to avenge your deaths."

In the meantime, the JL has gotten captured by some Atlantis folk who are going to drown them. For some reason, they have a drowning chamber. Even though anyone who would drown would have to go through a bunch of WATER to get there. It'd be like if we had a chamber to kill someone which we filled with air. They'd have to go through air to get here in the first place. I tried to make some analogy to Framling about this last night but I ended up talking about space people and he kept looking at me like I was crazy so I gave up. Anyway, drowning chamber.

drowningchamber.jpg

Mera saves them and while we're waiting Aquaman is being a badass by chopping off his hand with what is apparently the sharpest belt buckle ever. On the commentary, they stated how important it was that the blanket the kid was wrapped in be red. IT MUST BE RED.

gonnachop.jpghandchop.jpg

He goes to a doctor to get it fixed. Maybe the doctor should just put him in some water because oh god water water he is teh Aquaman!

handfixing.jpg

While we're all not doing much, Orm has set off this thing meant to melt the polar ice caps so that there's water everwhere, which aquapeople would love. Aquaman and the JL go to stop him. And we get a couple things that are necessary for an Aquaman episode.

1. Talking to sealife.

killerwhale.jpg

2. Concentric circles.

concentricircles.jpg

I like the part where this guy is falling, so J'onn catches him. But then drops him anyway.

jonncatch.jpgjonndrop.jpg

I love this picture when Orm electrident's Aquaman.

electroAquaman.jpg

Those two start duking it out in the Glacier of a Million Bridges!

bridge1.jpgbridge2.jpg
    bridge3.jpg

Until Orm is a dangling.

Ormdangling.jpg

"SCAR! BROTHER! HELP ME!"

GL and Batman take care of the whole melty thing, and Aquaman lets his dickhead brother plummet.

So, that's The Enemy Below.

p.s. Deadshot's butt.

Deadshotsbutt.jpg

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Triple post = 3x the awesome.

Seriously though, <3<3<3.

I saw this just as I was about to go to sleep, now I want to watch this episode of Justice League. These things really are terrific.

P.S. Do that podcasty thingy we talked about.

Do it.

Sars_Boy on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    electroAquaman.jpg

that looks like the king from little mermaid on supercrack.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    So what's Dini and company doing now? Anyone know?

Kyougu on
    edited May 2006
    Kyougu wrote:

Taking naps?

Dini's writing the Batman comic (I think he's doing Detective Comics?), it's late at night and I'm out of it.

Some are working on LoSH (James Tucker, for example).

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    edited May 2006
    Kyougu wrote:

Dini is writing Detective Comics come July.

No new shows are planned.

Sars_Boy on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Kyougu wrote:

Dini's writing the episode of "The Batman" with Harley Quinn.

Bloods End on