As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The place where I work burned down. And it was full of animals.

13»

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Historically, it will be referred to as the Great Snake Fire of 2011.

Poor wriggly little suckers...

Not to mention the incredible loss of investment for the business owners & staff. I sure hope you were insured.
    Even then, with the breeding stock gone... what a travesty.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    That's awful. :(

Poor snakes.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    considering PETA euthanizes about 85% of the animals they "rescue" that really wouldn't surprise me

This is such a crazy doublespeak way to live a life that part of me thinks PETA is made up of space lizards who crave mammalian spinal fluids

You didn't know?

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2011
    Hobnail wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    considering PETA euthanizes about 85% of the animals they "rescue" that really wouldn't surprise me

This is such a crazy doublespeak way to live a life that part of me thinks PETA is made up of space lizards who crave mammalian spinal fluids

I'd be willing to concede that it's likely some of the animals they "rescue" have been in terrible living conditions and are just ridiculously unhealthy and so euthanizing them is probably the humane thing to do. But I would wager that this is a very small part of that 85%.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:

You didn't know?

Also their founder is only alive because of the drugs she takes that were developed with animal testing.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    Ugh, that's horrible. I am reminded of that PetCo in NY that let a bunch of their animals drown during Tropical Storm Lee. Except you guys obviously didn't knowingly endanger the snakes like those silly geese did. Seeing those burnt animal racks holy cow so depressing... :(:(

W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    this broke my heart :(

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's terrible Boomer.

All those poor animals, trapped.

:(

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is goddamned horrible

god

this is so fucking tragic

8406wWN.png
  • ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:

I'd be willing to concede that it's likely some of the animals they "rescue" have been in terrible living conditions and are just ridiculously unhealthy and so euthanizing them is probably the humane thing to do. But I would wager that this is a very small part of that 85%.

They aren't a rescue organization, so 85% could mean very few actual animals. Not to defend PETA or anything.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    PETA is a horrible organization lead by fucking lunatics.

I'm horrible, but I can't stop thinking of this when I see the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulEisLcFEl4&feature=related

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    so there are a lot less snakes on the planet than there were previously?
    things are looking up!!

DKFA7.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm pretty surprised it took this long for someone to select the "arsehole" option

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    This is the worst.

I hope it was an accident.

Oh brilliant
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    man Boomer, i'm sorry. that's awful as all get out.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    This really is terrible.

My condolences Boomer.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote:
    I'm pretty surprised it took this long for someone to select the "arsehole" option

fuck snakes

snakes (all snakes, regardless of species) would gladly assfuck you if they had the chance

DKFA7.gif
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    My snake went missing

He is 15 years old which is old for a corn snake

anyway, my mum looks after him. The other day I rang and she's like, 'oh, I lost your snake'

she's hoping he'll turn up somewhere

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Janson wrote:
    My snake went missing

He is 15 years old which is old for a corn snake

anyway, my mum looks after him. The other day I rang and she's like, 'oh, I lost your snake'

she's hoping he'll turn up somewhere

When my mom was looking after my snake, a Russian sand boa.

the boa mysteriously died

so she kept the snake's body in the freezer until I came back from school

So what I guess I'm saying is that I also hope he turns up.

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Snakes are awesome. Captive bred ones moreso.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    SoaL wrote:
    Hobnail wrote:

fuck snakes

snakes (all snakes, regardless of species) would gladly assfuck you if they had the chance

Inappropriate.

Ugh, this is awful. Snakes are the best :<

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I appreciate snakes

I wouldn't want to own one as a pet but I think they're pretty cool

and I'm impressed that an animal that gets around by squirming in the dirt on its belly is always so glossy and clean-looking

so this is pretty sad

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Snakes are a positive force versus vermin.

Just, not the bitey ones. Those aren't worth the risk, in my non-professional opinion.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    snakes eat the shit out of disease spreading rodents.

Snakes are awesome, and most of them are not dangerous to humans.

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    that is a huge bummer.

well at least now you can always say "well, this isn't as bad as the time all of those poisonous poisonous snakes died." That's a hell of a card to play.

I don't know if they were poisonous or not but it doesn't really matter, nobody's gonna know either.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.