As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ICO/SOTC Collection

Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchscritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
edited September 2011 in Social Entropy++
Guys I just bought ICO/SOTC and I am jazzed as fuck to re-play these games

and also to own them, in the past I just bummed them off of friends so I've never gotten a chance to mess around with stuff like the time trial mode in SotC and such

anyway everyone come in here and gush about how great these games are because doing so has not gotten old and never will so SHUT UP

ico_sotc_ps3.jpg

Speed Racer on

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    wasnt there super funky new boxart for this somewhere

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    wait, that remake thing came out?

Gotta get dat. I never played either.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I played sotc once and didn't really like it

but ico's cover is inspired by de Chirico and I like that

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The version of ICO you get in this collection is actually the Euro version. Not sure what the exact differences are though.

And SotC looks fucking amazing in HD.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I would like to try these both out again. I didn't dig them when I first tried them

don't have the money for the collection right now, though

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I made this thread once.

lfYVHTd.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:

unacceptable.avi

EzUAYcn.png
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I would be tempted to rebuy SotC in HD, but I can't say I ever enjoyed the gameplay and story.

I won't lie, I did love the idea and visuals, though.

LTM on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote:
    wasnt there super funky new boxart for this somewhere

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442713

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote:

ditto

the camera control confounded me

zkHcp.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    This will be waiting on my porch for me when I get home. Just need to finish Gears first and somehow find the time to finish this before Dark Souls next week.

Maybe I should just quit my job.

Kadith wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:

ditto

You probably had the right stick set to "normal". The Inverted option works much better.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Sometimes a game comes out and I feel like it was basically made with my exact sensibilities in mind. And sometimes the game is also really really good

ICO and SotC are two of the biggest examples of that, SotC moreso

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Kadith wrote:
    BugBoy wrote:

ditto

You probably had the right stick set to "normal". The Inverted option works much better.

I want to say I went through and changed all possible settings.

But I was stressed out and short tempered at the time.

Maybe one day we shall meet again and love will be born a new

but probably not.

zkHcp.jpg
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    SotC is my favorite game of all time, and I never got around to finishing ICO but I loved it too.

hLeTR.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    SotC was my game, and Ico was my sister's game. I didn't like playing Ico and she didn't like playing SotC but together we vanquished stuff.

lfYVHTd.png
    Son of a bitch The Last Guardian still has a TBA release date for North America.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Son of a bitch The Last Guardian still has a TBA release date for North America.
    I have just decided to forget that it exists

and then when it finally does come out in like fuckin' 2015 it will be really exciting

wirehead26 wrote:
    I have just decided to forget that it exists

and then when it finally does come out in like fuckin' 2015 it will be really exciting

Still not as bad as Legend of Korra not coming out till 2013.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    You're not really late to the party playing a game unless you've played it after I have

which means

you're good

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    The version of ICO you get in this collection is actually the Euro version. Not sure what the exact differences are though.

I think Yorda's AI is a little better, and you can unlock translated subtitles for her. Also you can unlock a lightsaber-type weapon, or maybe that's just the Japanese version.

Also omg this is out yayayayayay

uc3ufTB.png
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    wirehead, don't poke that. i try not to think about it; on the other hand, maybe i'll have a job by the time it comes out.

love Team Ico; both games are in the easy-access last-gen section of the gaming library; ie not in a box in the closet somewhere, but in the living room. maybe i can get the re-release for Christmas, since the beau doesn't seem keen to update.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    makes me wish i had a ps3 :(

EzUAYcn.png
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    any time i'm in a used book/music store, i look for the soundtracks. shit be expensive online!

fakeedit: oh, wow! Ico's is on Amazon for 25 bucks. i'm still too poor, but that's wishlist material, yay!

hmm, Amazon. hmm. http://www.amazon.com/Last-Guardian-Playstation-3/dp/B002BSA18K/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1317163835&sr=1-3
    (says release is Dec. 31st, 2011.)

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dammit, now I need to get this. I think I'm out of stuff worth trading in though.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    is this out yet

put it in my hands

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Today I believe.

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    oh gof, i didn't realize it was out. just got a bonus at work, buying this now! gogo amazon prime! also just preordered dark souls and skyrim as well noooo my monies

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    yeah it came out today

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    mann i want this but i dont have the money right now.

is the choppy frame rate issue still present in this version of sotc? not that I truly care I would get it anyways if i found 60 bucks.

It's only $40!

• vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    mann i want this but i dont have the money right now.

is the choppy frame rate issue still present in this version of sotc? not that I truly care I would get it anyways if i found 60 bucks.

steam id: vermiculture
    I guess it's my own fault I don't have this. I could have preordered this instead of Dead Rising 2: Off The Case. I stick with my decision.

I haven't actually loaded up SotC yet but from what I understand yes the framerate issues are kaput

• vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    oh @keith you made my day I just may decide to spend the money

steam id: vermiculture
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    wirehead26 wrote:

I think Yorda's AI is a little better, and you can unlock translated subtitles for her. Also you can unlock a lightsaber-type weapon, or maybe that's just the Japanese version.

Also omg this is out yayayayayay

New Game+ (translations and lightsaber replaces mace)
    Two-player (one controls Yorda, although it's not very exciting)
    Film Effect
    Slightly modified puzzles and AI in some places (Yorda gives hints to some puzzles if you're stuck on them for a while).

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I want this so bad, I never played Ico back in the day but I loved Shadow of the Colossus.

Did I imagine it in some fever dream or is this coming out for 360 as well? I looked a couple weeks ago and couldn't find anything to back me up.

Lasbrook wrote:
    I want this so bad, I never played Ico back in the day but I loved Shadow of the Colossus.

Did I imagine it in some fever dream or is this coming out for 360 as well? I looked a couple weeks ago and couldn't find anything to back me up.

they are both published by Sony so no, it's not coming out for 360

You may have confused it with the Metal Gear and Silent Hill HD collections

oh dang silent hill's getting an HD collection?

I'll finally have a chance to check that out

It only has 2 and 3 on it

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that's not really a collection, is it