As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ICO/SOTC Collection

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I want a Kingdom Hearts HD pack please

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    all the shit that you want to get an HD re-release will most likely get an HD re-release at some point

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:
    The version of ICO you get in this collection is actually the Euro version. Not sure what the exact differences are though.

And SotC looks fucking amazing in HD.

I think Yorda's AI is a little better, and you can unlock translated subtitles for her. Also you can unlock a lightsaber-type weapon, or maybe that's just the Japanese version.

Also omg this is out yayayayayay

New Game+ (translations and lightsaber replaces mace)
    Two-player (one controls Yorda, although it's not very exciting)
    Film Effect
    Slightly modified puzzles and AI in some places (Yorda gives hints to some puzzles if you're stuck on them for a while).

also melon ending. (i think)

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i assume this is ps3 or psn or something

how much do these games cost for the ps2 these days

that's all i have D:

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    you don't want to play the ps2 sotc if you can get your hands on the ps3 version.

the ps2 one is choppy as hell, and it really takes away from the game.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Look, if all the man can play them on is the PS2, I'd rather he did that than not play SotC at all.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Fishman wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:
    The version of ICO you get in this collection is actually the Euro version. Not sure what the exact differences are though.

And SotC looks fucking amazing in HD.

I think Yorda's AI is a little better, and you can unlock translated subtitles for her. Also you can unlock a lightsaber-type weapon, or maybe that's just the Japanese version.

Also omg this is out yayayayayay

New Game+ (translations and lightsaber replaces mace)
    Two-player (one controls Yorda, although it's not very exciting)
    Film Effect
    Slightly modified puzzles and AI in some places (Yorda gives hints to some puzzles if you're stuck on them for a while).

also melon ending. (i think)

Yeah there's a trophy for getting the melon ending

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    whoa damn I just opened the case to put the game away and the sleeve is reversable

the backside just has the ICO art on the front and the SOTC art on the back without any labels or words

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Guess who has two thumbs and just Got Resident Evil 4 on PSN?

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I watched someone play Shadow of the Colossus once and the framerate was fucking terrible.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    whoa damn I just opened the case to put the game away and the sleeve is reversable

the backside just has the ICO art on the front and the SOTC art on the back without any labels or words

that is

very nice to hear

• Options
    FirmSkater wrote:
    I watched someone play Shadow of the Colossus once and the framerate was fucking terrible.

While that's undebatable

Personally I didn't really notice it while I was actually playing the thing

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I really want to give SotC a go but I have enough games to play at the moment.

I will probably wait till it gets even cheaper then buy it.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote:
    all the shit that you want to get an HD re-release will most likely get an HD re-release at some point

I want Crystalis to get an HD remake.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    Shorty wrote:

I want Crystalis to get an HD remake.

why? just play secret of mana, or something else that holds up.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote:

An HD remake?

• Options
    Uriel wrote:

An HD remake?

the wii version with a higher res HUD and AA and whatnot, ported to the ps3/360 as a downloadable thing

• Options
    on the one hand the idea of the graphics being upscaled appeals to me

on the other hand I feel like the aiming controls in RE4Wii are one of the few really great examples of motion controls

• Options
    yeah, it would have been nice if they included Move controls for the ps3 version but oh well.

oh, the textures weren't upressed, just the UI. if you get really close to a wall it looks blurry and stuff like that.

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    yeah

E: I mean, it still looks good, just not as good as it could have.

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    also does anyone remember all the horse tricks you can do with Agro

I'm trying to get the trophy for doing them all

so far I've got:

stand up while riding
    crouch while riding
    leap onto him
    roll over and ride on either side of him
    push down + X to make him instantly get up to full speed or instantly stop

The only other thing I can think of is maybe I have to find a place to make him leap a gap

• Options
    edited September 2011
    yeah

I mean I guess that's to be expected with it being an arcade/psn release

but still sorta disappointing

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    yeah, deffo.

so are there any new things coming in SotC that the US didn't get first time around? like Ico?

• Options
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure we got the good version the first time 'round

• Options
    sweet

also c'mere so I can kick you in the dick

no no it's cool just a quick dick kick

gonna kick all up on that dick

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    yeah

Hmm. Looks a bit better than the PS2 version, which is the only version I've ever played (dozens and dozens of times)...

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Definitely buying this.

I was super lucky and found the postcard edition of SotC brand new for $20 just after it came out, but it'll be nice to have a version that doesn't lag like hell.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    yeah

Hmm. Looks a bit better than the PS2 version, which is the only version I've ever played (dozens and dozens of times)...

The PS2 version is the worst-looking version so yeah

• Options
    isn't the wii version based on the ps2 version though for some asinine reason

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    SOTC was amazing but the control scheme makes the fucking
    snake boss
    nearly fucking impossible

riding and trying to aim your bow directly behind you is bullshit

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I own this now.

Also, RE4 looks alright on the 360. I wasn't expecting them to make too many changes.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I forgot this was coming out but Dark Souls and DR2 Off the Record are a better use of my time than playing games I've already beaten before

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've got DR2: Off the Record, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim preordered.

I'm glad Skyrim comes out last since it will be the longest game on this list.

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    snake boss

Did you stand up on the horse? I seem to remember it being easier if you did

• Options
    Hullis wrote:
    snake boss

Did you stand up on the horse? I seem to remember it being easier if you did
    I did, it's just hard to keep track of your position in the arena while you're aiming and then suddenly whump you are in a wall

• Options
    i mean i beat it eventually but it felt more like luck than skill

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I just finished RE4 HD the other day. It looks fine. I mean sure it could look better, but it wasn't really bothersome to me

Although I did start the Separate Ways missions yesterday (never played the PS2 version) and it uses super shitty FMVs for the cutscenes instead of the in-game engine. They didn't get worked on at all for the HD release

Game is still fucking fantastic, though

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    also does anyone remember all the horse tricks you can do with Agro

I'm trying to get the trophy for doing them all

so far I've got:

stand up while riding
    crouch while riding
    leap onto him
    roll over and ride on either side of him
    push down + X to make him instantly get up to full speed or instantly stop

The only other thing I can think of is maybe I have to find a place to make him leap a gap

Four words: Ghost Ride The Whip.

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    SotC has this gigantic, painstakingly designed world

With nothing to do

gg, y'all

they added in a nazi zombie mode, so s'all good.

mrsatansig.png