As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screen - Possibly Heat Related

WibodWibod Registered User regular
So I did a bunch of upgrades and kept my old case, because hey why not. Anyways, I'll get a BSOD after playing Bad Company 2 for about an hour, spits out a hardware error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800C8AC030
BCP3: 00000000BF800000
BCP4: 0000000000200001
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Computer itself is;
i5 2500k not OCed
12gb of RAM that memtested clean
6870 that's factory OCed (http://ncix.com/products/?sku=61752&vpn=GV-R687SO-1GD&manufacture=Gigabyte)

Now I'm assuming it's heat as the case does get rather hot, and keeping an eye on temps seems to show that the computer will BSOD itself when the GPU is at 90C. I've dropped the clock back to regular spec and it seems to make little difference. The CPU temp and such are fine, but I've ordered two more case fans just to rule out that it is heat related.

My other guess is that my sound card may be the cause, but I don't think it would spit out that error.

I'll post up the minidmp file if anyone wants to have a go at that.

Thanks for any help guys.

Wibod on

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Have you checked to make sure the GPU fan is running while the computer is on?

Have you dusted out the GPU heatsink?

How many case fans do you have?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WibodWibod Registered User regular
    Ok so I'm pretty sure heat has been ruled out. Replaced the fans, GPU heat sink and fan are fine.

Thinking sound card, so going to reinstall drivers then switch to onboard sound. Any other ideas?