As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2: The Slimes Strike Back

• Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    Took a little driving, but I got my Grandpa Slime from Nintendo waiting in my Memorable Matches until I get strong enough to scout it. Hooray!

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Day 4. Went through the cliffs area, and got a few monsters. Hit 50 monsters in storage, which got me the rank B dragon, who I will be making into my third party member shortly (for lack of better options). After force growing him to rank A, of course. Easily done. Went through and did the available monster scout challenges, and caught all the monsters in the cliffs save the skull spider thing at the top (at night, with bad weather), which I got a whopping 0% on with my entire team hitting it.

Scout Challenge 7 was for a demonrider, which is actually the exact monster I needed for a Grim Rider, which is what I need for a Bone Baron, which is what I need for a Dullahan, which is what I need for a Zoma. So, plans within plans.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    This weather thing is odd. It honestly seems like the weather changes completely at whim, and I'm still working on Scout Challenge 5 which is to either capture or synth a Hades Condor. I could scout one, fairly easily actually, but I can synth one scouting a particular demon from Cragravation in bad weather. Problem is every time I go there during rainy weather, Captain Crow shows up and gives me a little fight, and then I'm booted back to the zone map. What gives?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I finally got the game at the end of last week and have had a chance to dig into it a bit. I'm on Iceolation now and trying to breed up the ranks to get some higher-level monsters. Are there any good spots early on to grind metals? I have noticed that warping to Doubtback almost always spawns a Meddle Slime in the first area, but I also heard Metal Slimes spawn in Iceolation. Right now it doesn't take too long to get monsters up to synth level, but if there's a more efficient way to go about it early-game, I'd love to hear it.

Also, the monster I've had the longest so far is my Swarmtroop. I love its Hit Squad trait for chipping metal monsters. It would be nice if I could just rebreed it and get a stronger one...

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Unfortuantely, Swarmtroop doesn't scale. Getting something else with Hit Squad works -- I suggest a Conklave, which you can move to Conklave X and Conklave XY.

Best place if you're just grinding to level 10 to immediately breed I've found was the zip area in Iceolation. The Frou-Frys there are easy and will get you to level 10 fairly quickly if you just go in with 1 monster + another monster to level.
    This weather thing is odd. It honestly seems like the weather changes completely at whim, and I'm still working on Scout Challenge 5 which is to either capture or synth a Hades Condor. I could scout one, fairly easily actually, but I can synth one scouting a particular demon from Cragravation in bad weather. Problem is every time I go there during rainy weather, Captain Crow shows up and gives me a little fight, and then I'm booted back to the zone map. What gives?

Whenever you go to the main map, the weather randomizes. There's only normal or "bad" weather, nothing else, so no "rain" or "fog" or "snow" in different areas at different times. It'll always rain in Treepedation, for example.

The Captain Crow thing is special, he has a random chance to appear during rain and punt you back when entering an area. He appears 5 times (the last few only during the post game) and you can scout him the last time or two he shows up. The problem is he's not a monster you can replace (unlike in Joker where he would respawn if you bred him away), meaning you ONLY want to use him for the combines he's good for -- Dragonlord or Dr. Snapped.

He also is a reward for the tournament, but, good luck. You can also do a trick called "Tag Domestication" to get more of him, if you have 2 copies of the game or a friend with it.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Best place for metals is the Metal Menagerie (until you unlock the Light World). You get there by using a Metal Ticket. Metal Tickets drop off Wild Slimes fairly regularly (they're in the first cave, during the day, in Iceolation).

• Options
    Day 4? 5? Merging kinda together now.

Didn't get much done even though I was in a car for 4 hours playing this. I went through Unshore and Unshore Bad Weather and got everything there.

Been breeding up a Dragon to A rank. There was a great dragon in B rank that I really liked, Mega... something. Has Magic Regen and leveled EXTREMELY fast. Basically could chain launch dragon breath at people, very nice all things considered.

My A rank dragon has Breath 3 at 100, and once my spare Night Emperor's Bad Breath to 100 (shouldn't be long now), I'll breed the two together and get a Great Dragon (Rank A) with Uber Breath. Uber Breath is one of the endgame skills, it has every useful status effect breath attack, the ultimate fire and ice breath attacks, and the good support skills (Deep Breath, etc). Makes for a great non-physical dragon until you get Dragonlord's skill set (which has the ultimate ice/fire breaths AND the ultimate healing magic). Unfortunately, Great Dragon has shit and chips for Mana, so...

Great Dragon can be used in 4 special combines: Belial, Mechanowyrm, Black Dragon, and Dracolord.

Belial is the derpy cow-like demon from DQ2, and one of the bosses of DQMJ1. He can be used to make Gracos very easily, as well as Gemon (the boss of Iceolation). Gracos is a very easy combine into King Squid, which is NOT Khalamari (and I believe actually a bit stronger). King Squid was what you found in DQ3 when you went too far out into the oceans, and it was basically a game over screen unless you were overleveled to hell.

Mechanowyrm makes Alabast Dragon and Killing Machine. Alabast Dragon is used in like half of the boss monsters, including Dragonlord (the second form of Dracolord, the DQ1 boss), Orgodemir, and Dhoulmagus (such a pity). All of those require other bosses (and Dragonlord requires Captain Crow), so they're more of a "swing back later for them" sorta thing. He can also be made into Xenlon, who most US fans would know better from his Dragon Ball name, "Shen Long." Which leads to even more awesome combines, such as Trode, Leopold (that damned dog from DQ8), as well as Zenith Dragon, which I believe is the Dragovian Lord from DQ8's bonus dungeon. All of which ultimately lead to the bonus dungeon boss of DQMJ2, so it's a "long term goal"(tm).

Black Dragon is odd. It literally has no point. There are no special combines for Black Dragon until 2 Pro, meaning unless you're just going to keep a Black Dragon, there's need to breed him. Still, looks cool I guess, and it would be nice to have a monster I know I'm not going to turn into anything else.

Dracolord is the final boss of DQ1, and the first boss you can synth in DQMJ2. Great Dragons are available in the last dungeon, as is the Demon-At-Arms required (same combine as DQM1, come to think about it).

So yeah, Great Dragon is kinda an odd bird.

I also bred a Balhib with a bit of work -- this was a monster called "Gold Golem" in the Edios Dragon Warrior 1 translation. He's used in 2 combines -- Gem Slime (the ultimate slime pre-tourney bonuses and size 3 slimes) and Overkilling Machine (which I believe is the floaty, angry Killing Machine). Another long term project really, as you need two Balhibs for both of them.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I used to play Dragon Warrior: Monster on the GBC, is this something like a spiritual successor to that? If so I probably have to pick it up! I bet I put 500+ hours into DWM

v Awesome :D

TannerMS on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    TannerMS wrote:
    I used to play Dragon Warrior: Monster on the GBC, is this something like a spiritual successor to that? If so I probably have to pick it up! I bet I put 500+ hours into DWM

Dragon Warrior Monsters is the US name of Dragon Quest Monsters. This is the 5th game in that series.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Which monsters come with the Breath skill? I've seen Fire, and Ice, and Dragon Lore which all have some breath skills, but not an all-encompassing Breath skill. I don't think I have anyway...

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So how do I go about getting a Meddle Slime? Is there a trick to it or do I have to wait till I'm much further in the game? Can you scout the metal slimes at all?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Gilder, what do you mean by driving around to get the Grandpa Slime? Is he a special DLC or something?

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Matthew wrote:
    Okay, Gamestop event for all people who have unlocked tag mode in this game. Go to a gamestop that's taking part, tag people, and get the Grandpa Slime.
    http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/dragonquestevent/

Sadface. Doesn't seem like Canadian Gamestops are participating.

Pretty sure he means going to GameStop for one.

• Options
    Which monsters come with the Breath skill? I've seen Fire, and Ice, and Dragon Lore which all have some breath skills, but not an all-encompassing Breath skill. I don't think I have anyway...

A few of the dragons. The one you get for having 50 monsters, for example. The two examples given in the library are the Great Argon Lizard and the Ethereal Serpent.
    Magic Pink wrote:
    So how do I go about getting a Meddle Slime? Is there a trick to it or do I have to wait till I'm much further in the game? Can you scout the metal slimes at all?

You can scout them later on. You have to do an outrageous amount of damage to them in order to scout, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work initially. About ~650 or so ATK should do it. In the import, I got lucky and did 1% scout (think someone got a crit) and was successful.
    Magic Pink wrote:
    Gilder, what do you mean by driving around to get the Grandpa Slime? Is he a special DLC or something?

Gamestop had a 3 hour event on Saturday at select stores where you could go and Tag mode a Grandpa Slime. This isn't a huge thing, as you can only scout (or attempt to scout) it once, and Grandpa Slimes are a fairly easy combine in the long run.

• Options

A few of the dragons. The one you get for having 50 monsters, for example. The two examples given in the library are the Great Argon Lizard and the Ethereal Serpent.
    Magic Pink wrote:

You can scout them later on. You have to do an outrageous amount of damage to them in order to scout, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work initially. About ~650 or so ATK should do it. In the import, I got lucky and did 1% scout (think someone got a crit) and was successful.
    Magic Pink wrote:

Gamestop had a 3 hour event on Saturday at select stores where you could go and Tag mode a Grandpa Slime. This isn't a huge thing, as you can only scout (or attempt to scout) it once, and Grandpa Slimes are a fairly easy combine in the long run.

• Options
    Hmm, shame. I already synthed away my free Great Argon Lizard without taking that ability because by itself, it seemed kind of weak. Ethereal Serpent doesn't seem so bad to synth, however.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Lousy double post.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, after the weekend, I'm only 10-11 hours in. I blew through Iceolation and am in the process of scouting everything in the next zone. I did run a bunch of the wildslimes in Iceolation but didn't get a single metal ticket, which is odd. I guess the RNG knows I play Monster Hunter and has thus transferred its cursed luck to this game.

My party right now, is a twenty-something she-slime, a low-teens Hackasaurus which I'm liking due to the hit squad trait, and a Brownie, who's made scouting much more successful with psyche-up. Right now the Hackasaurus is only carrying stat-up skills, so it's going to be my physical tank for a bit. Right now it's mostly a push to get through the early-game areas so I can get on to the good bits. I'm interested to see the parties other people in this thread are putting together.

My studio's main site
  • Options
    Apparently one of the best ways to do the wifi tournament is to throw just one monster in and aim for the Rookie League. For example, an Imp with some stupid powerful magic like Kaboomle or Pearly Gates or something. I'm going to try it with a Rank A Great Dragon with some really big breath attacks.

Edit: Just went 5 and 0 doing it. Won a Martial Artist's Scroll (Unique, ultra rare skill tree) and a Head Over Heals Scroll (teaches cure-all) for my troubles. And that's only with some basic stuff -- Scorch and C-C-Cold Breath one shot every team I saw. Hell, at this rate I'll throw some form of healing (Healer, for Meditation) or HP increasing (Defense Boost 3) and continue till I have Uber Breath or something.

Day 5:

I bred my Great Dragon with a monster that had Bad Breath. Bad Breath + Breath 3 = Uber Breath, which gets the best breath attacks. He won't gain anything out of it but now can do status effects like Numbing or Poisoning breath attacks. Which I actually don't want him doing. Hm. It's possible I didn't think this one through.

I'm trying to keep him low enough that he'll still be in the rookie league when I play again next. That's difficult to do, as I don't know what is required. With any luck, tomorrow he'll still qualify and I'll be able to get another 2 skillbooks. If not, I'll breed him with something then keep him lower level. Unless the Uber Skill is what's doing it, in which case I'll just work on a second, Wifi only monster.

I might try with a Metal Slime or Liquid Metal Slime. They'd be immune to all the OTHER assholes doing the same trick.

I got 2 Cyber Slimes out of the Centaur room of the ruins. They have Lootist, which means they increase drop rates. A lot. I can now farm Metal Tickets off the Wild Slimes easily.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm liking my Metal Slime Knight tank and Heedoovoodoo as my healer/buffer. Been cycling around between a Dancing Devil and a Phantom Fencer as my dps slots while I breed up some more dudes to help with scouting.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Er, wow, after 1 day, I'm #126 in the Rookie Bracket.

Unfortunately, my Great Dragon no longer qualifies, as he's got too high stats, or the uber breath skill bumps him up a rank, or something. Metal slimes auto-bump to Scout, so that's out. Will send my Night Knight out tonight (he should still solo entire teams), and I guess breed my Great Dragon down a bit.

Worse still, it sent me up against some really disgusting monster teams, including rank #8 in my download batch. Eww. Don't think I'm gonna go 5 and 0 this time.

Edit: Wow, #8? He's got an animated anchor, a snowman, and the first boss on his team. I lasted long enough to see the first boss cast Big Banga. And this is somehow "rookie." The hell? I have a theory that he was like level 1 and just bumped his wisdom and skill points up using nothing but seeds. We'll see.

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    I'll have to try the online stuff. I've been hooked in the main game and haven't given it a go.

• Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Did that online thing. My team was a lvl14 Bodkin Archer, lvl 10 Dragurn, lvl 12 Metal Knight Slime. Won the first match and got slaughtered every other match.

My rank was Scout.

Algertman on
  • Options
    Yeah, it ramps up really quickly after Rookie. That's why I'm trying to stay a Rookie until I win the tank from Rocket Slime as a reward.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    What do you need to do to release a monster?
    I have 4 positive slimes, and I want to get rid of all but one. How would I do that?

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    What do you need to do to release a monster?
    I have 4 positive slimes, and I want to get rid of all but one. How would I do that?

If you go to the monster computer, then member list, and select the monster you want to release, there should be an option to do so on the next screen.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Honestly, if you can synth and have something at level 10 to breed with them, just breed it away, even if it's trash. You'll get a new monster and move slowly up the ranks.

• Options
    Just noticed you can check your team class by saving with your desired team and then going into Wifi mode.

My Great Dragon is still "Scout" class instead of Rookie, even at level 18. Will try breeding him right now, if he's still Scout at level 1, I'll know that Uber Breath bounces him up a rank. If so, well, fuuuuck. I'll just make a new one sticking with Breath 3.

Edit: Looks like I'm safe. At level 1, he's still a Rookie. Granted, he needs 5 skill seeds to get C-C-Cold Breath, (and don't talk to me about getting Meditation again), and I need to level grind with him ever so slowly to see where things cap out at. I should make a spreadsheet. Go in and check every 1-2 levels, and once he hits Scout, stop, check his stats, and aim for that minus 5% next time.

Monsters: Serious business.

Day 6:

Not much happened today, due to a shitload of homework. I started a breeding program to get a Demon-At-Arms. There's on available in the final dungeon, but I get a 1% scout rate off him. I'm up to like 40 machine parts I can't turn in, with any luck I'll cap the stupid thing out when I beat the game and can start just buying Skill Seeds.

The last boss stomped me flat. Need to get some support skills on my monsters. Cure-All, Oomph and Ka-Buff would be nice, for example. I was probably pretty close, but can't tell. I might try growing my team a bit -- the Demon At Arms is infamously awesome, but so is Dhuran, the final generic A rank Demon. DaA + My Great Dragon would get me Dracolord, so... First boss. Yay.

I read someplace that giving everyone Miracle Mallets is the way to go for the last boss. Something to try, I suppose.

I might go for another Balhib. Balhib x Balhib x Killer Machine x Killer Machine = Overkilling Machine, which is a really, REALLY nice material monster. Other than that, I'm just slowly moving up, trying to get my Rookie slaughtering dragon ready again. I might try to make a rank F monster with the same theme -- Slime, probably, due to high agility (get attack off first) and high MP. Or if I can find it, something immune to fire breath and something else immune to cold breath, in order to shut down people trying it on me. When I do get my stuff for the Rookie rank, I'm going to do the same thing with a Metal Slime of some kind for the Scout rankings. That'll be fun.

Not much else really. I discovered where to farm seeds (Doubtback entrance has 3 leaves alongside the wall, grab them and port out, port back), might do that tomorrow.

• Options
    Hour count is creeping upwards of 15 and I've had this game a handful of days? I don't know if the first DQM:J had an hour count but I must've put at least a hundred+ into that game...

I managed to synth up 2 Cyber Slimes after running around Unshore for a bit yesterday. I took them with my Hacksaurus to go and farm Wildslimes for metal tickets and I've seen maybe 1 ticket in 30 battles... I am up to my ass in stone claws though. Would synthing a third Cyber Slime boost the rate? I want to start leveling my synth components for good skills, but am not seeing good drop rates on those tickets. Going to need to figure out how to synth that Hacksaurus into its higher level version as well. Loving the double strikes.

Also, why has Coatol not been in a DQM since the first couple? That was one of my aces in the first DWM game. They'd better throw it into the remake they're doing, if not merely for nostalgia value...

My studio's main site
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Holy shit, how did I make it into the top 100? I switched from my Great Dragon to my decidedly weaker Night Knight (he doesn't even have any multi-target attacks) and moved UP. The hell? My only theory is that he's completely immune to cold, so... The guys using C-C-Cold breath can't hurt him. And he's pretty fast, too.

Putting me up against #49, #71, #223, #174, and #95. Lets see what I do.

#49 (Team ugyogyo in hiragana), single red Tyranosaurus thing, did Hatchet Man, 300 damage total. Just my luck he'd get a lucky hit off. Welp. If I had got to move, I probably would have won.
    #71 (Team kaki in hiragana), 1 Sputnik, I move first, hit him for 109 and he dies. I hear the single Sputnik is a rather legendary troll team over in Japan (not sure why, maybe a trait?). No doubt if he had moved before I could, he would have won.
    #223 ("Team KABKAB"), 1 Frou-Fry, 1 Mecha-nya bird, 1 Great Sabercub. They can't hurt me, 3 rounds later and it's over.
    #174 ("Team Digidevils"). A slime, a pepper, thing, a stump chump. They can't fight back, I win in 3 rounds.
    #95 (Team EMPOWERINQ), A single Captain Crow. Motherfucker. We trade blows, I survive with 10 HP.

Winnings for going 4:1 -- SAGE'S MOTHERFUCKING SCROLL BEST NEWS EVER

Sage is a class scroll that you have to steal off monsters in the game using Klepto Clobber, often these monsters are during the arena fights or whatnot (the postgame has a guy that walks around with some of them?). They're the requirements for the "uber stat up" skilltrees.

Sage:
    Prezing (re-raise)
    MP +10
    Dazzleflash (nerf the hell out of enemy accuracy)
    Wisdom +10
    Multiheal
    MP+10
    Kazing
    Wisdom +18
    Wave of Relief (randomly remove all bad status effects on your team)
    Big Banga (Ultimate, Unique Dark Magic Spell).

Big Banga is taught by only a few skill sets -- Sage, Flue Warrior (huh?), Uber Zapologist, Zoma, and Rigor Mortex (the bonus boss's unique set). In other words... Woooo boy. Happy day. Oh, and it's one of the requirements for Uber Wisdom Boost.

Looking at it, the eyeball monster comes with Crafty Zammer, which is who used Big Banga against me before. So... Yeah. Apparently Crafty Zammer affects it.

Edit: Oh shit, Flute Warrior makes sense.
    What else would you call Rocket's special skillset? He was the Flute Warrior, after all.

KiTA on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Got my first A-rank monster today, Weepin' Weed. Wish it could've been something slightly cooler, but it'll do for now.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I got online last night with my piss-poor rank F failbots from the first area and Treepidation.
    I started WHOOPING on my first opponent, who I thought had better creatures (sorry, not familiar enough to know them all by sight yet. I just didn't recognize any of them), and he disconnected.
    I'm starting to think that any time I do anything on Nintendo's thing it's going to be like that. It was like that with Mario Kart too. Start to win and they disconnect.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Just passed the 20 hour mark here and man this game continues to be addicting. I haven't played any monster catching games for years, so it really hits the spot.

Cleared Unshore yesterday and spent the rest of the evening synthing up a new team because my green dragon and great dracky were getting chewed up in the scout tourney. Putting together things that looked cool I found myself sitting on a jum, so I spent some time today putting together a mumboh-jumboe once I got my lethal armor factory rolling.

I don't really know what to do with the rest of my team though, because I'm sitting with an Abyss Diver and a cyber slime just kind of rolling around trying to scout anything I missed. Maybe I'll just pick out a couple interesting S rank guys and spend this week trying make them.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Up to 33 hrs on my file. Haven't made any A-Rank monsters yet because I'm really really torn on who I want in my party (before I start considering S Rank stuff).

A Living Statue seems like a powerhouse, but I'm really becoming fond of traits like Hit Squad, which Living Statues don't have, but creatures like a B Rank Tyrantsaurus do. It's definitely too much work to go and get a bunch of Conklaves just to make an XY version, though I may still yet consider it.

Right now I'm just leveling in the Bemusoleum. Can't seem to figure out the alarm room with all the Cyber Slimes and Sagittar. The teleporters take me to a bunch of side rooms that all seem to lead to various dead ends.

• Options
    I haven't done the MumBoh JumBoe thing yet, probably should. What do you mean by "lethal armor factory"?

My current goal is to finish the Rookie tourney in the top 100 for a Watabou or Schlieman Tank, supposedly those two are available via the Rookie league.

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Up to 33 hrs on my file. Haven't made any A-Rank monsters yet because I'm really really torn on who I want in my party (before I start considering S Rank stuff).

A Living Statue seems like a powerhouse, but I'm really becoming fond of traits like Hit Squad, which Living Statues don't have, but creatures like a B Rank Tyrantsaurus do. It's definitely too much work to go and get a bunch of Conklaves just to make an XY version, though I may still yet consider it.

Right now I'm just leveling in the Bemusoleum. Can't seem to figure out the alarm room with all the Cyber Slimes and Sagittar. The teleporters take me to a bunch of side rooms that all seem to lead to various dead ends.

Just keep looking around in those rooms, eventually you'll find a way to get to Sagittar. Pay close attention to the maps.

• Options
    KiTA wrote:
    I haven't done the MumBoh JumBoe thing yet, probably should. What do you mean by "lethal armor factory"?

My current goal is to finish the Rookie tourney in the top 100 for a Watabou or Schlieman Tank, supposedly those two are available via the Rookie league.

I had been doing a lot of grinding in the Unshore zip point, so I was doing the [merman + skeleton (from unshore bad weather)] to [restless armor + dancing demon (from the entrace area of cragravation] synth.

With mermen and skeletons coming synth ready, and the demons level 8'ish, the overall the grind seemed pretty short. Once I have a team that runs scout bonuses I'm sure it will go a lot quicker too.

That schlieman tank looks pretty awesome. I just wish my old dsphat could run wpa2 :( Now I'm going to have to find a way to work a 3ds into the budget, haha.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Oh, and KiTA, you were spot on about miracle mallets being the way to go. Oomph powdered 28 mbjb ended up soloing the necropolis boss after the rest of my team got stomped, and then just barely won the finale which was a bloodbath.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Not entirely certain that a 3DS with DQMJ2 will work on WPA2. I thought that was a limitation of the entire DS line, not just... eh, actually, I'd have to look into that.

• Options
    It looks like Hyper Heydrea gets more Wisdom than Heydrea, which is odd, since the first is rank D and the second is the rank C upgrade. The Rank C one has more well balanced stats, though. But since I just want a glass cannon, looks like Hyper Heydrea is the way to go.