As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PATV] Extra Credits: s.3 ep.10 - Games You Might Not Have Tried #2

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited September 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
pa_hero_extracredits10season3.png

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I'm interested in Bastion, but I have other games to get through, so I'm waiting on a Steam Sale.

Stanley's Parable looks pretty good.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yay, I loved the first one of these.

Outland is amazing - a gorgeous game which controls like a sports car. The red/blue shifting really forces you to think beyond just simple platforming. And Bastion is defintiely one of the best games of the year.

I can't remember if you brought this up in the previous reccomendation episode, but Infinite Space is what I've been playing at the moment, the rather groan-worthy fanservice and sometimes frustrating lack of direction is made up for by interesting combat and the attachment that comes from naming your ships and customising them, then seeing them kick ass on the battlefield.

• Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    Outland looks cool.

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    alot of those games look amazing. I've been meaning to give Bastion a play through. Just been really stuck in LOL lately.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I bought Bastion.

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    I played oGame pretty hardcore for a long while and while it was fun if you have any kind of social life I would not recommend it at all.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Some people haven't played Bastion?

Play Bastion, people!

Oh brilliant
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Someone in a previous EC thread was wondering where all of the commentary about it was...turns out they have their own forums. Here's the link to today's episode as per the Episode Notes: http://extracurricular.tk/forum/viewtopic.php?&t=528

• AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised no one ever mentions Champions Online in topics like this. The way the game let's you build your own class from literally every power in the game, with almost no real cross-class restrictions is just SO MUCH FUN. Heck, I go in there and tear apart my higher level characters like once a week, and just spend hours in the power house trying out new powers. And when you've finally got a fresh build that's fun and cool, you leave the power house and there's a whole freakin' game out there! Throw trucks at criminals and punch them off of roofs and envelop them in nightmare constructs or whateverthefuck you want to do.