As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ICO/SOTC Collection

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Separate Ways is kind of dumb anyway

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    this is $30 at Fry's, but I still have too many fucking games to play through

mrsatansig.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Separate Ways is kind of dumb anyway

yeah but you need to beat it to get costumes for the Unlock all Costumes achievement, I believe

• HalfhandHalfhand a stalwart bastion of terrible ideas Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    The huge empty map is set dressing and mood-setting

It creates a bigger impact when you come across a boss

Sounds like lame rationalization for hours of not-game

Wow.

You are what is wrong with gaming.

corio2.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Halfhand wrote:
    Knob wrote:

Wow.

Hahaha oh my

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm now blaming Knob for every issue I have with every game I play.

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I am video games as art

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    The most fun colossus fights are 13 and 14

most frustrating for me were the turtle and the spider

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    For some reason I always get lost trying to find the moss-covered one that lives in the lake and it takes me forever to get to him

Speed Racer on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Halfhand wrote:
    Knob wrote:

Wow.

The joke.

Your head.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited September 2011
    And also I can never seem to make the fourth boss fight work right, I can never get him to lower his head down to look into the catacombs. He just paws at them once or twice before getting bored and walking off

last time I played I had to get on my horse, leap off a hill, and do Super Mario World suicide jump in order to get onto its tail

which to be fair is a way cooler way to win that fight

Speed Racer on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I always hated the lizard boss, the one at the bottom of the coliseum or whatever

@Speed Racer I think you were supposed to rush out after he starts to raise his head and climb onto one of his beard/bead chains and climb up that way, its been so long I don't remember for sure. Sometimes he'd make them available and sometimes he'd be all earthquaaaaake

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Which was the one that you had to direct into pillars to expose the weak spot since it was underwater

That one sucked badly, took me way too long to figure out what to do

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

I killed a Colossus today. He was walking around looking all smug so I climbed onto him and stabbed him to death.

NOT SO SMUG NOW, ARE YOU BITCH?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    the moral of the story is that man is the true monster

WHAT IS A MAN?

I wanna know what man is

and I want you to show me

• DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    SOTC was amazing but the control scheme makes the fucking
    snake boss
    nearly fucking impossible

riding and trying to aim your bow directly behind you is bullshit

I found the trick there was realizing that Agro can actually handle himself pretty well without micromanaging.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Darric wrote:
    Hullis wrote:
    SOTC was amazing but the control scheme makes the fucking
    snake boss
    nearly fucking impossible

riding and trying to aim your bow directly behind you is bullshit

I found the trick there was realizing that Agro can actually handle himself pretty well without micromanaging.

yeah, he tends to do best if you have him run along the wall, though

I just looked up how to get the mace in ICO since I knew it was near the waterfall area and that's where I just got

how the fuck is anyone supposed to figure that out on their own

Woo ICO is beat and Colossus 1 is slain

In spite of what I said just yesterday I might try for that 2 hour trophy. The game's a lot shorter than I remember and even just stumbling around like I did on this playthrough I came just short of the 4 hour trophy

okay is it just me

or do the little lizards in SOTC look fucking awful

which is weird considering how gorgeous the rest of the game is

if I keep posting to myself someone else will come into this thread, just you wait

i'm coming

what's going on in here

you

and me

moving at the speed of light into eternity

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    that is a seriously tempting offer

I would be super tempted to grab this + the God of War Origins collection if I had anywhere near $60 to my name

The second Colossus is definitely the easiest by a mile.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I would be super tempted to grab this + the God of War Origins collection if I had anywhere near $60 to my name
    I'm gonna ask a friend if he wants to go splitsies on the deal, with me getting the ICOllection and him getting something else.

uc3ufTB.png
    I wonder if I could get Best Buy to match this since I already picked up Ico/Sotc there.

Looking at the Joystiq comments, I think they're also offering the same deal.

uc3ufTB.png
    I might just go and get the God of War Origins collection.

aw man I'd be all over grabbint uncharted 1 + 2 and God of War 1 + 2

but I just spent the last of my money on ico! Aw well.

I still have $60 on my gift card for Batman and I only need $45 to buy it soooooo I just might do this. Very, very tempted.

aw man I'd be all over grabbint uncharted 1 + 2 and God of War 1 + 2

but I just spent the last of my money on ico! Aw well.

It's not God of War 1 & 2, it's the two PSP games on PS3

oh!

I guess in that case I might do Resistance? Iunno.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still be doing it when MGS Collection comes out

although probably not since it's not sony exclusive

but maybe!

The God of War PSP games are supposed to be great and they look just as good as the PS2 Collection did

The second Colossus is definitely the easiest by a mile.

I dunno it's been years since I've played and I'm pretty sure I killed the first one in under a minute

Gonna have so much fun with the time trials

also finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the fourth colossus. I was too impatient with it. It stands over the hole and just sorta stumbles around a little before crouching down to look inside, and I always interpreted the stumbling around as the crouching behaviour not triggering.

Keith wrote:
    The God of War PSP games are supposed to be great and they look just as good as the PS2 Collection did

Well

still kind of immaterial since as I said before I ain't got no money

and any money I acquire in the near future is going to Batman