As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ryan Gosling DRIVEs a Car

124»

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    i am glad bad boys 2 exists even though i think it is a crappy movie

hot fuzz made it all worth it

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    you think wrong

hot fuzz is still great though

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've seen Armageddon and Pearl Harbor and The Island and Transformers

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Centi why ain't you seen The Rock

see The Rock

• Options
    that is four movies

a lot of directors can have four bad movies and still make good ones

that is like saying tim burton can't make a good movie because you have seen sleepy hollow, alice in wonderland, charlie and the chocolate factory, and planet of the apes

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    I liked Sleepy Hollow when I saw it but it's been years and I doubt I'd like it if I watched it again

• Options
    I kinda can like Sleepy Hollow if I am in the mood for it

But most of the time, not so much

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Wait Christopher Walken was the Horseman in that, right

I think I can still dig that part

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    sleepy hollow was definately okay-ish.

plus johnny depp.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    saw this tonight. soundtrack is bought-ed.

man, that elevator scene. dreamy in all the right ways.

Moneyball was good, but Drive is perfectly tailored to make me appreciate film-making, and also make me want to cry. it's not often that a film appeals to me as craft but also evokes a strong emotional response, and i always have to sit with it awhile before a second viewing, if i ever watch it again. i liked it, but i also feel like i need to see it again to clarify why -- i suspect a good part of it was the pacing, which was both unhurried but relentless, and the various character moments that let me see the actors living their character. i'd like to see a movie that just expanded on that opening sequence too, though; love me some badass, clever driving.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    the soundtrack was absolutely baller. I can safely say that I am in love with Refn as a director, even though people seem confused when I say I love Bronson. But I really do, and even Valhalla Rising--the first half of that movie was spectacular, and even though I thought it got a little too obtuse towards the end, it was still really solid, well-acted and well-directed.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I will add that:
    the expression on Gosling's face as those elevator doors close--give the man an Oscar.

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Yup this was good. Real good. Directed well, acted well, shot well and the lighting was used to such amazing effects.

The way they changed lighting a couple times through one single scene or shot was so great. I wish it was playing in a close theater so I could go see it again tonight.

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    man he totally stepped on that dude's head

totally stepped on it

sig.png
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    Thought this movie was rockin.

Only bad part-
    The second chase was god-damn terrible. A Chrysler 300 vs a 5.0 Mustang? Please. The Mustang should have just walked away from the 300. Plus high-speed reverse driving.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    About the 300 vs 5.0
    Get a suped up SRT8 and I can see it. No idea if that's what that was though.

• Options
    Maybe.
    But even then, the Mustang has 600-800 pounds on the 300C. They could have picked a better chase vehicle....like a BMW or a Merc. They were gangsters after all.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Maybe.
    But even then, the Mustang has 600-800 pounds on the 300C. They could have picked a better chase vehicle....like a BMW or a Merc. They were gangsters after all.
    We also could assume that they set up nice suped up cars like Driver does. And take into account the fact that he was driving on a dangerous road on a rather congested highway for a good section of it. But I do understand your complaint.

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Basically I just love me some Mustangs. Gotta watch Bullitt again now.

sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Oh, I'm with you on that. Every time I go to my dealership to get some work done, I have to make sure I don't test drive one of the 5.0s, lol. I just know I'll trade in my 07 on something.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I know I'm late on this, but holy fuck this movie was haaaamaaazing

also, http://steadyclothing.com/NEW%20SITE/PAGES/drive.html

BUY THE JACKET NOW

• Options
    oh my gooooooooood

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Love this movie. If I ever see anyone wearing that jacket, they're getting teased, because there is no fucking way anyone not named Ryan Gosling is making that look good.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I thought the cinematography in this movie was amazing.

I was not a huge fan of how constant the soundtrack was, and the aesthetic it brought. Though I do still appreciate it a bit.

Also this movie had a lot of unexpected gruesomeness. Out of nowhere

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus