As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] CheckPoint ep.21 - Sony Knows It Has A Problem

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited September 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
pa_hero_checkpoint21.png

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Bogey on

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    New guy: :^:

Delivery was a little choppy, but when I'm writing that off as first day jitters.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Good thing I wasn't drinking anything during the Xenoblade part, otherwise I might have ruined my keyboard, good stuff.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Good episode. Well done guys!

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    New guy would be better if someone taught him when to use dramatic pauses. He was a pretty solid silver this episode, but could have been gold with a bit fewer pauses placed at better times.

• Options
    PlainclothesmanPlainclothesman Registered User regular
    I actually laughed at this episode a lot more than usual because of those weird pauses. I couldn't tell if they were intentional or not.

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    I'm sorry but I don't get the point.

This may sound harsh but sugar coating seems wrong.

I just watched this episode as my first ever Checkpoint episode and it was not really funny, it was not really news and it certainly wasn't exciting or sexy. In fact some of it was even inflammatory and downright wrong (hint: Sony has released price info on the memory modules and they are not expensive).

So tell me is there a point?

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Watch some of the other ones, the humor really builds more than it is stand alone.

Or it might not be your cup of tea. Humor is difficult like that. Definitely watch two or three of them before casting it aside altogether, though.

Enc on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular

I just watched this episode as my first ever Checkpoint episode and it was not really funny, it was not really news and it certainly wasn't exciting or sexy. In fact some of it was even inflammatory and downright wrong (hint: Sony has released price info on the memory modules and they are not expensive).

I don't think they do sexy. Graham tried it once and it didn't work out.

• Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular

Regarding the humor: what @Enc said.

Regarding the Sony memory card info: I don't keep up with PSP stuff, but here's the first article I found about it on Joystiq. Based on that article the LRR crew are correct. If the article is incorrect please feel free to cite another source.

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    Thank you all for the responses to my post.

agilemania wrote:
    Regarding the humor: what @Enc said.

I shall give it a try. When people put an effort into making something it would be rude not to give it a second chance.

agilemania wrote:
    Regarding the Sony memory card info: I don't keep up with PSP stuff, but here's the first article I found about it on Joystiq. Based on that article the LRR crew are correct. If the article is incorrect please feel free to cite another source.

The article is fair. I'm not saying the Vita memory modules looks to be cheap but it is by far not like they are crazy expensive or anything close which is why I spoke out against the Checkpoint coverage.

Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    "Super expensive" is relative to SD cards' price which is "dirt cheap"

• Options
    GrahamSGrahamS Registered User regular

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "a point"... the point is to entertain you. If you're not entertained, that's fine, it's not for everyone.

Despite it being certainly not being hard news, and quite staunchly a (hopefully funny) news-commentary show we DO try to get our facts as accurate as possible whenever we can. The memory card thing has been addressed further up though, and that's the information we had at the time.

Thanks for agreeing to give it a second chance though!
    I think the best thing I can say is that we try to be our own show. We're not doing "The Daily Show BUT FOR GAMES!", and we're trying to tread our own ground, tone-wise.
    It doesn't work for everybody, so even if it's not your thing, thanks for watching nonetheless!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote:

Says you. Show the episode with "Sexy Graham" to your Mum/sister/girlfriend and see what happens...

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote:

Says you. Show the episode with "Sexy Graham" to your Mum/sister/girlfriend and see what happens...

It took him days to wade through the piles of panties. That just ain't right.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Hey. This has been my favorite ep yet.

Felt like better writing, and better delivery. Keep it up LRR.

Loved the Netflix stuff. Nailed it.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Loved it, as always. Justin doesn't fill the Jer shaped hole in my heart, of course, but his visit was still quite hilarious.

Also goddamn the Xenoblade story. Friggin' Nintendo.
    The article is fair. I'm not saying the Vita memory modules looks to be cheap but it is by far not like they are crazy expensive or anything close which is why I spoke out against the Checkpoint coverage.

$124 for 32GB of memory? That is crazy expensive. What is this, 2006? For $120 you can buy 1 TB of memory the size of a deck of cards.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!